Mndela

Creative artwork cards

Sry, no images .. just an idea in mind.

Currently we have many different mounts for different races and traits, except for dwarfs.

In the "The Battle of Five Armies"-Movie from Peter Jackson, there are Boars and Big-Goats the dwarves were riding on. Hopefully we see some kind of War-Boar, which gives us attacking benefits or Mountain-Goats which helps during questing phase.

Sry, no images .. just an idea in mind.

Currently we have many different mounts for different races and traits, except for dwarfs.

In the "The Battle of Five Armies"-Movie from Peter Jackson, there are Boars and Big-Goats the dwarves were riding on. Hopefully we see some kind of War-Boar, which gives us attacking benefits or Mountain-Goats which helps during questing phase.

And add this ones:

https://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com/2015/12/16/tftc-top-ten-list-peter-jackson/

Mounts and Dwarfs - isn't that a no-go?

When Bilbo and the dwarves left the shire in the chapter "Roast Mutton" of the Hobbit, the dwarves were riding ponies.  Gimli's objection to having his own horse was not a racial aversion to mounts, just the size of the mount -- "I would sooner walk than sit on the back of any beast so great."

Made some new copy of Erkenbrand to give Dunhere some extra game time. Aside from Dunhere, this copy of Erkenbrand still feels pretty useful to take care of enemies that you (and your team) are not ready for at the moment.

2c62ead3dc.jpg

Made some new copy of Erkenbrand to give Dunhere some extra game time. Aside from Dunhere, this copy of Erkenbrand still feels pretty useful to take care of enemies that you (and your team) are not ready for at the moment.

2c62ead3dc.jpg

I like the idea, but it's way too strong. I gives you a free feint every round if you choose an enemy that hasn't attacked yet.

Perhaps changing it to move the enemy he defended back to the staging area would be more balanced.

Moving only the one he defended back to the staging area would be a very weak ability outside of Dunhere-like shenanigans.  In general, returning an enemy to the staging area is a bad thing, especially before the players counter-attack, so having Erkenbrand duplicate an annoying shadow effect wouldn't be powerful.

Moving someone who hasn't attacked yet is potentially useful, but outside of Dunhere support is far weaker than feint.  Avoiding the attack also prevents a normal counterattack and adds threat to the staging area.  I don't think Erkenbrand's ability is too powerful at all, though if you wanted it weakened you could specify "choose 1 enemy engaged with the defending player".

I also think as dalestephenson it is not too strong since returning enemies to the staging area only postpones the inevitable. You need to quest more and you need to defend/kill the enemy anyhow at a later stage.

I already downgraded the effect to forcing Erkenbrand to take no damage during this attack. So you need multiple enemies and some kind of guarantee of not taking damage (Shadow protection, sufficient defense) to have a repeating feint effect. Aside form that, I feel this ability is not stronger then Haldir as we know him. Having a free attack with a 7-8-12 attack hero feels stronger.

Any opinions?

I think a hero or attachment that gives bonus attack to heroes/characters that are attacking alone would be an awesome boon to Fingers, but would also help superhero decks (Boromir and Aragorn) and if it applies to all characters, then Mirkwood Runner may even shine a bit.

I'm working with Gizlivadi on making some new cards to support Havens.

I wonder if any kind soul with photoshopping skills could help us out in creating the cards?

The ones we need some help with (due to Giz's workload!) are simple Neutral attachment templates so shouldn't be too onerous - I have all the text, it's just the image and creation!

Thanks in advance!  

I really want a Song based hero and I really want a new version of Bilbo. So why not combine them? Perhaps it would be preferable to have a Song hero in Lore, but spirit has plenty of Songs, and there is already a Lore Bilbo. I wonder if this Bilbo's readying effect might be too good if it's always able to target Gandalf or some other heavy hitter. But that seems thematically appropriate. 

Bilbo-Baggins-Front-Face.jpg

Edited by pmdoug

I'd personally swap the Willpower/Defense stats.  It isn't like he will ever defend with just 2 shields and 2 HP, so it makes the decision to either quest with him or use him to ready someone else a little more important, though it will likely always be used to ready someone.   I'd almost give him 3 WP just to make it a harder decision.   I know they don't tend to change the stats on different versions of heroes, but it would make it at least a more challenging decision.  Otherwise your hero slot is just a guaranteed Unexpected Courage.   The same as Theodred is a hero slot for 1 WP and 1 additional resource a turn.   Very efficient, but often boring.    That said, I'd absolutely use him the way he is now.  

Edited by Slothgodfather

I don't believe they've ever changed hero stats on different versions, so Bilbo's 1-1-2-2 line is unfortunately set in stone.  That does make the decision on whether to use his ability rather uninteresting, but at least it makes him worthwhile.  I do think he'd be more interesting, if less useful, without the guaranteed song-in-hand.

Maybe change his once-per-round exhaustion ability to ready a character with a song *or* to search the deck for a song?  Then his ability at least takes a turn to set up, but he can also be used for something besides a living Unexpected Courage.

Being a hobbit he has access to Fast Hitch which makes using his ability plus stats much easier. Off the top of my head I think using him with Gimli and Song of Mocking could be the most fun combo. Bilbo defends some attacks Gimli takes the damage and then Attacks multiple times with Bilbo's readying effect.