Mndela

Creative artwork cards

The idea with their willpower bonus was that they could still be useful for their main job (attacking, defending) should they be both used as allies (or alone), when a player wouldn't be able to guarantee they would both be in play at once. It's a gentler power loss than the hero one, limiting versatility rather than power.

Each can fight until their brother arrives, then they can go out on quests into the wild: the opposite of how they work now.

I wasn't sure about the event as Lore because adding three cards to the victory display might be a bit too powerful in that sphere. But I've never played that deck type so i don't know. Thematically that sort of sacrificial action feels inspiring and Leader-like or Tactical rather than the product of obscure Elven knowledge.

I like a lot of Lore cards but not a lot of Lore heroes. Maybe that's why the effects I'm adding to other spheres seem Lorey :P 

Or are you exhausting a 5-cost ally to discard a card from your hand AND heal 2 damage?  :P

The underpowered heal probably makes more sense in Leadership, where I saw it as an out-of-sphere emergency action. Does Lore have any ally-readying cards?

At least the colours look nice together.

Any Elladan ally's main ability will be to passively buff Elrohir's defence without being forced into using the Tactics hero. The action ability is an afterthought to that and the good attack rating.

If there are cheaper allies already in the game that achieve that I'd love to hear about them. Even without an ability it's a more powerful version of Dunedain Wanderer. If the ability was good it would be horrifically overpowered in the right sort of decks, I imagine.

Edited by Edheliad

daughter-of-the-nimrodel-core.jpg

Costs 2 less, doesn't discards your card to heal, doesn't wastes 2 willpower or 3 attack when heals, heals for same 2 health. Also is not unique. 

And even with all that - she is considered subpar and is almost never used, wink-wink.

Edited by John Constantine

Are you seriously comparing the values of those two cards as if they should be the same, when one performs only a single function that the other can?

Yes and he should. Also secrecy cards has been horrible since the begining of the mechanic. The modern common sense about secrecy design is that the card should be ok without secrecy and incredible IF you have secrecy. That card don´t pass the secrecy design test =D

I think a printed cost of 4 is fine. If you really wanted to keep the exhaust, then you could heal 3 or even 4 damage. You could also have him heal a certain amount "from among all characters", so that the large amount of healing doesn't go to waste.

In any case, I would let him heal any character, not just heroes.

Also, you certainly could have kept him in Leadership so that the sub par healing would still be relatively good. I just made the suggestion to move him to Lore because I didn't feel the need to keep the brothers in the same 2 spheres that they shared before, especially when one of them had an obvious affiliation toward healing.

Edited by joezim007

elladanallysm_zpsebqnqi9p.jpg

So a little cheaper than the original, and with a better and more flexible healing ability (which should make him welcome in both Noldor and Dunedain decks).

Probably makes Elrohir hero a little too good, though, as not only does Elladan prop up his defence, but also provides a "full" heal potentially in between defensive attempts.

elladanallysm_zpsebqnqi9p.jpg

So a little cheaper than the original, and with a better and more flexible healing ability (which should make him welcome in both Noldor and Dunedain decks).

Probably makes Elrohir hero a little too good, though, as not only does Elladan prop up his defence, but also provides a "full" heal potentially in between defensive attempts.

I think it's good. Yes it is very powerful with hero Elrohir, but it's at the expense of (probably) 4 resources, needing to wait for his brother to enter play, and either a discarded card (usually not too bad), or a strong ally action. I might say that if you can choose to discard instead of exhaust, I would require the discarding of 2 cards to make the choices a little more even and match up better with the amount of healing being done by a Leadership card.

heroofsm_zps0z2dgh0k.jpg

Um, should have more threat. Should be a response, not an action. Last sentence should still be in the previous paragraph so we know it belongs with that effect.

Repeatable ability that can deal 1 damage to all enemies engaged with you fit discarding a single card is already super strong, so the card draw is just rubbing it into the encounter deck's face. I would consider this decent if the damage was only to the enemy being defended and you could get the card for killing it. Combine with a spear of the citadel and you could get the kills relatively often.

Edited by joezim007

Is it still a Response when it's an optional Action?

The threat should be 10, or Defence 2, or Hitpoints 3. Bad maths.

Are quests where you end up engaged with lots of defend-able enemies with low hitpoints common? 1 damage inflicted before the attacking phase isn't especially reliable, is it? If it only affects the attacking enemy it's an expensive Gondorian Spearman effect.

Is it still a Response when it's an optional Action?

The threat should be 10, or Defence 2, or Hitpoints 3. Bad maths.

Are quests where you end up engaged with lots of defend-able enemies with low hitpoints common? 1 damage inflicted before the attacking phase isn't especially reliable, is it? If it only affects the attacking enemy it's an expensive Gondorian Spearman effect.

Stat line should probably be 1, 1, 3, 4 and 9 threat. With the reasonable limit of restricting the damage done to the defended enemy, this hero essentially starts with a Spear of the Citadel for the low cost of discarding a card (and possibility of drawing a second card). In a Noldor deck, that's not an issue with the likes of Silver Harp and all the play-from-discard shenanigans. Give him a spear (and why not an Elven mail, too?) and throw in 3x Goblin-cleavers and he'll wipe out most enemies before they even have a chance to attack. No need to worry about shadow cards at all! That's a pretty amazing potential, and definitely not too weak, I think.

I find this text more balanced and reasonable:

Action: Discard a card from your hand to deal 1 damage to an engaged enemy not damaged this round by this effect. If the enemy is defeated by this effect, draw a card.

It is a way to say: limit 1 damage per enemy per round