Mndela

Creative artwork cards

What software do you use to make these cards? I am interested in making a card that is exactly like tactics Boromir but with the art of Leadership Boromir.

I use Geckho's templates, with photoshop, but there is StrangeEons by karah, if you dont know photoshop.

I think it should be once per round at 2 damage or just 1 damage once per phase. Rumour from the Earth becomes a potent healing event with the current version since you can recur it once per phase as long as you have the resources.

Also, consider that most repeatable healing is still pretty expensive compared to your card. To heal 2 damage once per round is typically 3 resources (Daughter and Self-Preservation). Warden of Healing is 2 damage, but not from the same character at once.

Have you thought about a version where you can discard X cards to heal X damage on a character once per round? Still powerful when you have to heal, but probably a bit more tame than the current version. Not to mention the Noldor mechanics we're starting to see more of.

Now that you reminded me about existance of recycle-able Lore event, I think 2 per phase is indeed too much, so I simply toning it down to once per round.

ovy9xNRC2ZU.jpg

As for new Noldor theme, you got me thinking, and here is a hybrid of core-set-Glorfindel with the new Noldor syngergy feel.

ETkZpfByKLE.jpg

Broch + Noiseless would be -2 damage each round for free. Are you kidding?

I sincerely wish you good luck running secrecy with a Lore Glorfie :D

Edited by John Constantine

Thanks! But I have a question. While I understand how Lore Glorfie can inspire deck design - his ability works with discard pile, and that's a theme that is currently being developed, plus there are deck shufflers and deck searchers that could utilize that sort of ability. But Spirit Boromir? What kind of deck design do you think it inspires? First thing that comes to my mind is healing, but that will have to be balanced out if you want to utilize his gain in willpower (that is if you really want to :D).

On a side note, here is a core-sety Leadership version of Denethor. Who needs that flimsy attachment when you can have the real stewards kickstarting you from the very beginning? :D

OjCy3fLc4ZM.jpg

And also, how do you think Theodred would behave would he recieve this kind of bump?

HuCX50Rv53A.jpg

Spirit Boromir- right off the bat I would pair him with lore Pippen and another hobbit. Hobbits are squishy and although lore Pippen is one of my all time favorite heroes, he dies a lot to treacheries because of his low health. Boromir would mitigate the weakness (on theme, btw). Also, his ability is kind of like Gimli's so you think of ways to direct damage his way for better questing, while (in addition) also having some ready effect to utilize his high attack.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there is a lot more.

Yes Théodred would be too powerful. Considering that he has easy access to Steward of Gondor he will pretty soon quest for 10+.

lore Pippen is one of my all time favorite heroes

The name of that favorite hero is Pippin. ;)

Those are valid points on Theodred, but it requires a pretty hard, from my perspective, thing to do - not spending resources. How are you going to handle non-questing matters or early game without spending a dime?

However, I've implemented this little limitation that should prove sufficient enough:

daP26rmig5c.jpg

Unstable Spell costs too much for something that gives you +2 attack for a single attack and discards its owner  unless you manage to utilize it.

Unwilling Recruit will be hard to utilize via his text because most of the stuff is going to kill him instantly, and healing itself is in another sphere.

+3 Attack for an entire additional encounter card is extremely questionable for me.

Core set had two wierd heroes: Theodred and Thalin. They both sucked at questing (1 willpower), but both were encouraged to quest through their card effects. I decided to restore the balance, and added two such heroes to the two remaining spheres :D

X0kv72O63a0.jpg

Md4UkHc7jnE.jpg

I wish you would actually put the artist's name instead of "Unknown". A lot of the art you find is really good! MyNeighborTrololo always used to do that when posting custom cards..

Sorry, but putting artists names onto cards like this is too much for me, I do this kind of stuff on impulse. You can always ask me for the artist names, and I will always provide you with their names if I do indeed possess them.

In this case, the artists are: dashinvaine, Magali Villeneuve.

Another impulse:

7gkBilpmo2s.jpg