Mndela

Creative artwork cards

1,623 posts in this topic

Some cards for the War in the North questline I am working on. Amazing stuff so far guys! Elronds songs was beautiful and orph was amazing art also.

Andriel-Front-Face_zps8e639413.jpg

Noldor-Wrath-Front-Face_zpscea7547e.jpg

Noldor-Healing-Front-Face_zps5e4fed80.jp

Farin-Front-Face_zpsb20fb18f.jpg

Warcry-Front-Face_zpsbdb1efe5.jpg

Eradin-Front-Face_zpse38823c0.jpg

Sword-Stance-Front-Face_zps7d548c42.jpg

Archery-Stance-Front-Face_zps51a85112.jp

scourn99, good ideas to combine heroes with boons and time keyword.

trololo, i laughted a lot when i thouht how so happy Tavern Regulars would become when a song is played (all they singing with a beer in hand ^^), very good idea. Librarian and Silvan maybe so much over-powered, isn't? The event is amazing idea!!!

Very interesting the time keyword on the player cards. I have built one:

eogxNOt.jpg

Edited by Mndela
Olorin93 and sparrowpisuke like this

I don't think it's overpowered. Note that time tokens do not refill themselves, so once time effect is triggered - it's not going to trigger again. And time is a very essential things in LotR.

For example, Librarian has 2wp. Which other ally lore sphere has with 2wp paying 2 resources for it? And in adittion, it gives to you 2 cards with time effect (2 times, so we could see like: it gives to a player 1 card per round, like gleowine --> Librarian is Gleowine + 2wp, you can quit out Gleowine for ever in that case).

PD: the Silvan ally can't trigger his passive text, because when the last time counter is out it returns to his original time counters. So never it has 0.

PD: our cards must reads in adittion: 'immune to encounter cards time effects' (there are treacheries that quit out time tokens ^^)

Edited by Mndela

Librarian has 1 hp and no other stat. He costs 2 because his effect is delayed by two turns, and with that hp of his he might die before it even triggered. Make him cost 3 and he becomes worthless. Gleowine provides constant card draw to whoever needs it, right from the point where you played him. And he will do it forever. Librarian is just 2 cards after 2 turns of wait. 

PD: Nope, time counters are not refilled automatically, there should be text for it. Look:

Fight-at-the-Fords-1B.png

Dunlending-Attack-2B.png

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo

Ah ok, i see now. Time counters aren't replace if text nothing says. Glups..., i want to re-build my ally card ^^

Some cards for the War in the North questline I am working on. Amazing stuff so far guys! Elronds songs was beautiful and orph was amazing art also.

None of those heroes have a sphere. Sounds pretty useless to me ;)

None of those heroes have a sphere. Sounds pretty useless to me ;)

I should have made a note on that. Was tossing around ideas as the focus of them is to all be used by one player for a deck but not tri sphere it.

Working on details of the bonus they get for all being used by 1 player in the war in the north campaign. Will be updated in a bit

When not used they will just get a single sphere.

Eradin will be Lore

Farin Tatics

Andriel Spirit

LotR LCG card design became a sort of addiction for me. I need to do something from time to time to feel well  :lol:

Today's feature is Scouts!

24mrgRLvlrg.jpg

lfn_MdnhBGg.jpg

oxMd0kxDRIc.jpg

bQZDEbfsNaQ.jpg

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo

Very nice, especially the last two. Lost wanderer's requirement for no engagements make him too hard too use in solo and certain enemy heavy quests though.

"Free of encounters" means not currently attached to an encounter cards, meaning location. I took the wording from official objectives that usually are attached to something until rescued. 

The "free of encounters" seems to be only used on "Guarded" cards. It might be best to have a response/forced, like:

"Response: after attached location is explored, first player gains control of Lost Traveler."

Great concept though. It's always fun to see inventive ways of getting cards into play for cheap without just making them cheap.

Just thought of this. Gondor decks often seem to be about ally swarms to make use of the Visionary Leadership and Leadership Boromir's boosts, so I figured I'd make a Gondorian ally that sorta depends on ally mustering. The sorta interesting part is that if you have guys sitting around doing nothing that have 0 attack, this guys essentially gives them 1 attack if they participate in an attack with him. His boost also scales well with additional copies of Gondorian Soldier. I kinda feel like Outlands should work more like this, but that's kinda difficult to achieve with the HP and Defense boosts.

Gondorian-Soldier.jpg?psid=1

If the image doesn't show up go here: http://1drv.ms/1vTLxas

Edited by joezim007

Yea, i was thinking about giving more utility to cards we already have in the pool. There are a lot of cards that already exist that might not get used, or are used sparingly due to their low stats. This allows them to provide at least 1 attack, even if they normally don't have any attack. Citadel Custodian is a great example and this card even allows him to come into play for cheaper. Even Imladris Stargazer. Sometimes you're already set and don't need to look at or rearrange your top cards since you just did it last turn. This gives her more purpose. Minas Tirith Lampwright is another great example. He sits around doing nothing until a card with surge pops up. Now he can do more than that when nothing shows up. Granted, Visionary Leadership and Leadership Boromir can make him more useful too, but those abilities can't always be active.

Don't get me wrong, Fate Drench is great and I love introducing new factions and such, but I have great respect for new cards that give current underutilized cards new life.

Yea, but Dunedain seems to be an aggressive deck type that favors engaging enemies, so that makes me think that cancelling shadows will end up being very important (unless they also get more ways to avoid defending). In that case, I'd favor finding a way to make Dunedain Watcher cheaper rather than stronger, because her ability is more important than her stats and I don't want to pay 3 resources to end up discarding her on the first turn, which makes her stats largely pointless.