Mndela

Creative artwork cards

1,623 posts in this topic

I would never play that Boromir... Unless I could load him up with Plate! :D

Had a thought though... A card that would allow you to, once per game, switch the sphere of a hero to another available sphere. (The hero card must exist in the new sphere.)

Well, that might be hard to do, as it would have to reference the card pool as a whole. Which most cards can't do, if any...

I still can't get pictures in my post. It's not that I don't have art for them, it's that the card image needs a URL... How could I do that?

I still can't get pictures in my post. It's not that I don't have art for them, it's that the card image needs a URL... How could I do that?

I have added in the originial first post a few instructions to do it.

Edited by Mndela

Finally, my Smeagol version:

ryak.jpg

He is leadership because he is the guide to Mordor.

He has a high threat cost (more than his values) because he is bad (he is Gollum), but when you are playing with Sam and Frodo he becomes good (Smeagol) and his threat is 0. Frodo + Sam + Smeagol (like the history) = 7+8+0 = 15. The best secrecy deck with 3 heroes!!! In fact, they are the best secrecy team: the travel to mordor far of the Sauron Sight. A think it is a very good idea. (If Sam or Frodo leaves game, Smeagol returns to his original threat -he becomes Gollum, bad guy, like some moments in the film-)

I keep the response of Trololo, only limit the location: it must be the active one. (If not, i think it is very powered). But it was a very good idea.

Edited by Mndela

There should be something to clarify that you gain 10 threat after one of them leaves play. And lose 10 threat when you are back to having both heroes again. This would be an interesting bounce back and forth in the LotR saga boxes when Frodo is always with the first player.

I really like the theme of having all three be in secrecy. I would make Gollum/Smeagol lore though cuz a guide is different from a leader. A guide shows you things that they know and that you don't versus a leader who takes command. I'd hate to have to make it a tri-sphere deck though.

There should be something to clarify that you gain 10 threat after one of them leaves play. And lose 10 threat when you are back to having both heroes again. This would be an interesting bounce back and forth in the LotR saga boxes when Frodo is always with the first player.

I really like the theme of having all three be in secrecy. I would make Gollum/Smeagol lore though cuz a guide is different from a leader. A guide shows you things that they know and that you don't versus a leader who takes command. I'd hate to have to make it a tri-sphere deck though.

Sure? It is a consequence, it doesnt need clarify.

About the leadership sphere, it is ok: i'd change now by spirit (lore not, lol, i hate also tri-sphere)

The Eowyn issue is interesting. I've been waiting eagerly for the Witch-king slaying, Tactics version of Eowyn to arrive, but the issue about bringing in a high willpower hero to the sphere is well-taken, and I do think there is a substantial sphere balance issue there. Either the designers would have to break their pattern of not changing stats when heroes change spheres or they would have to include some limitation or drawback that balances out Eowyn's willpower.

Thematically, Eowyn only was able to ride to battle by hiding her identity and not "questing" openly. So maybe some type of drawback ability (like Spirit Glorfindel's) to represent her need to hide her identity would be fitting and would help balance adding a high willpower hero to Tactics.

Edited by Raven1015

If she would have a drawback, then her starting threat need to be significantly lower than 9 or something. Drawbacks are given when heroes overperforms the usual.

Caleb of Pelargir: are you crazy?!!! :o  The most overpowered character i haven't never seen!!! He is a superfusion-elrohir/elladan. (The art is amazing, however)

Pelargir Tough: very very good, yeah. Nice idea, sure. (The art is from one quest card of Pelargir quest :rolleyes: ) Mmmh, another version of the tactic outlander.

Prolongued exploration: nice idea, but maybe overpowered? mmmmmh, maybe not. Ok, good...nice. Congratulations for your brilliant ideas. (The art is used by one fanmade card, but it is valid repeat if it is so... :D )

Things Long Forgotten: nice the relationship of bottom card with the 'forgotten' idea. But... do you know Mithrandil Advice? Maybe too powered combo. (I dont like nothing the art :angry:  lol :P ). Maybe change the sphere and use leadership with an Aragorn drawing (he learning his past).

But very funny your post. I think this thread is the most funny of all the forum at the moment.

Edited by Mndela

Can you shed some thoughts on why you think Caleb of Pelargir is overpowered? He costs a hefty 4 to play, has medicore stats block, is unique and his ability is limited to once per turn by player and is a major resource sink.

Thematically I tried to portray a veteran sellsword, different players paying him to get his service from time to time.

You can't imagine how hard was to come by any fitting thug art around the internet. I'm happy that I have found this one, a familliar face.

Prolonged exploration takes your progress from quest, costs 2 and does not guarantees everybody a free card. It's also restricted to the travel phase.

I can't see how Mithradil Advice and Things Long Forgotten is a combo. Both are card draws but from different sources. And TLF requires quite a setup to draw more. I can see how TLF can be comboed with those event-returning attachments introduced in the Against the Shadow cycle.

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo

Caleb of Pelargir is like the dunedain attachments, but as an ally, so more independent. Once he has been played, he is very powerfull. He is like X (number of players) rohan horses but in the moment you want.

Lol, i know how hard is searching for images. I have made some fanmades, one of them with 32 diferent cards. I know, believe me.

Ok, Prolonged Explorations is not overpowered, for a moment i forgot the condition of getting progress tokens on the quest card and placing on the active location. Very original idea. Nice.

Agh, sorry: my mistake, i was wrong: i wanted to say Scroll of Isildur. (I was wrong because i usually use Mithrandil Advice with Scroll of Isildur). The combo would be: you use MAdvice (in a monolore), you return by SIsildur, and you return to get MAdvice by TLF. And if you have other SI... uf! Half deck is drawn.

The combo you described will require 3 resources. In a monolore, you don't have any sources of resource gain so you have 3 resources to spend per turn. Not so broken, after all.

Mmmmh, ok. Not so broken, but... if other friend give to you resources (errand rider, stewards...) It is true that you are needing lots of cards to build the combo, but... if that card were released... too riskly. Dificult get the combo, but possible finally.

But great job, of course.

Edited by Mndela

Very nice ideas behind those cards!  

Another Thug idea:

Pelargir Brawler (neutral) Cost: 2

Will: 0

Attack: 1

Defense: 0

HP: 3

Gondor. Thug.

Pelargir Brawler gains +1 Defense for each point of damage on him.

Fortunately for us, those cards will never see the light of day :D

Speaking of which, I made a few more Pelargir inhabitants:

3tYLlJ6MiB8.jpg

jJZ3iLzKSW8.jpg

olm3YEz3PJY.jpg

And here goes new Caleb. Still as tough and resourcful.

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo

Very nice ideas behind those cards!  

Another Thug idea:

Pelargir Brawler (neutral) Cost: 2

Will: 0

Attack: 1

Defense: 0

HP: 3

Gondor. Thug.

Pelargir Brawler gains +1 Defense for each point of damage on him.

Something like this?:

6mcu.jpg

:)

PD: I'm lovint 'thug' trait

Edited by Mndela

dPlVGnuHn8o.jpg

y7_P_U786DE.jpg

fPN8r-HLHek.jpg

q2dQiW97A1g.jpg

I love all of these, though....

- Caleb can be pretty dang powerful. He can be essentially an additional 2 willpower per player. One player commits him, then the next player "buys" him and commits him, then the next player... I wouldn't say overpowered, since there is still a decent cost to do this, but certainly still a powerful card.

- I might say to remove the "Draw 1 additional card..." bit from Things Long Forgotten, but most of the time, you won't be playing more than 2 copies of it per game, so it's not overly powerful.

Many of your cards seem to be right on the brink of being potentially too powerful, but never really crossing that line. Good job.

All of the cards posted on this Page 4 are pretty darn interesting cards. I'm not sure how many decks I'd use most of them in, but these cards certainly bring some interesting strategies together.

I was thinking that in order to synergize with most of these thugs, you could just have a card with something like:

Response: After a player spends a resource to satisfy the requirement of an ability on an ally, .... do something.

What it does would largely depend on which sphere the card with the ability is in. I was thinking maybe something like:

Some Guy (unique)
Tactics Hero

8 Threat

1 Willpower

2 Attack

2 Defense

3 Hit Points

Gondor. Thug. Warrior.

Response: After a player spends a resource to satisfy the requirement of an ability on an ally, Some Guy gains +1 Attack until the end of the round. (Limit 3 times per round)

What do you think?