Sign in to follow this  
newmagrathea

Tantive IV info

Is there any extra details about Epic play format? Am I the only one that thinks Epic will be between 300-500 pts on at least a 6 foot table?

Edited by Janson

I guess hardpoints aren't like normal secondary attacks, in that they are additional attcks in the same round?  Energy seems to be how to limit the firepower.  Love the cargo that gives an energy boost for a round, it will give the Tantive quite a whollap for one round.  90 points for the ship doesn't leave much room for upgrades unless the points for Epic are increased from 100.  And multiple 5 range 4 attacks?  Tantive IV has some teeth.  All this without even knowing what the team cards will add.

Edited by RookiePilot

C-3PO on the Falcon - just guess zero each time and you'll basically be guarantee'd an evade. 

That's what I'm saying. You could gamble to get 2 evade, but I'd take 1 all day. 

Edited by Deltmi

C-3PO on the Falcon - just guess zero each time and you'll basically be guarantee'd an evade. 

That's what I'm saying. You could gamble to get 2 evade, but I'd take 1 all day. 

Well, for a point more you get Chewie which is like having 2 auto evades...OR YOU COULD TAKE BOTH!

You see the C3P0 crew card? "Once per round, before you roll 1 or more defense dice, you may guess aloud a number of evade results. If you roll that many evade results (before modifying dice), add 1 evade result."

So if I'm rolling 1 defense dice, and I say 0 evade, and I roll a blank, I get 1 evade for guessing correctly?!? AND, if it comes up a focus, I can use a token and end up with 2 evades!

^ If I'm interpreting correctly, you will always get 1 evade when rolling 1 dice (and 2 if you get a focus). 

I guess hardpoints aren't like normal secondary attacks, in that they are additional attcks in the same round?  Energy seems to be how to limit the firepower.  Love the cargo that gives an energy boost for a round, it will give the Tantive quite a whollap for one round.  90 points for the ship doesn't leave much room for upgrades unless the points for Epic are increased from 100.  And multiple 5 range 4 attacks?  Tantive IV has some teeth.  All this without even knowing what the team cards will add.

I was wondering when everyone would start on the range, seriously though, max range of 5 on the new ruler. Talk about batting down a swarm.

I was wondering when everyone would start on the range, seriously though, max range of 5 on the new ruler. Talk about batting down a swarm.

My first though was that was sort of a confirmation the play area if going to get significantly bigger. Just take your range 3 rule and stick a falcon in the middle of the table. Notice how much that range ruler covers now? So unless they meant for the corvette to have range all the time, it would make sense we are actually going to get bigger battlefields.

My first though was that was sort of a confirmation the play area if going to get significantly bigger. Just take your range 3 rule and stick a falcon in the middle of the table. Notice how much that range ruler covers now? So unless they meant for the corvette to have range all the time, it would make sense we are actually going to get bigger battlefield

Plus how large the Tantive's base is, two medium bases with a small base in the middle, then toss that range 5 on it... Mats will have to be larger for sure... I am comfortable playing 4x8 battletech much wider than 4ft across and it will feel clumsy to me.

Looks great. I'm of half a mind to avoid further spoilers on these upcoming releases, mainly in a vain attempt to retain some of the magic and excitement when they eventually arrive. That's the one downside about the coming Aces, we know everything about it.

It does look like an object with defence and hull points but doesn't look like the classic escape pod.

I'm surprised there is only one set of target locks, I would have thought the huge ships would have multiple ones.

Edited by DB Draft

Actually... R2-D2 + C-3PO + millennium falcon title on Chewy.... Extra evades, shield regens, downside to R2-D2 does not apply with chewy's pilot ability.

Nevermind... R2-D2 doesn't work with Chewy.

Edited by GroggyGolem

WELL

Now I'm even more excited for this than I was before. This leaves me with a lot of options to think about. Also, I'm thinking of some crossover upgrades from the Rebel Transport would be something to consider. If not, at least using that Tibanna Gas card to fuel the energy for the Transport.

What I'm wondering is whether or not BOTH the fore and aft sections of the ship get to have an action each, which I personally feel is fair given how expensive this thing is to have on the table. Also, do you require the Hardpoint turrets to be able to properly shoot, or are the like turrets now that are simply accessories to allow you to shoot in a 360° arc? If you don't need them, then I'm assuming that it will possess 4 attack dice for it's forward firing arc.

Edited by LeoHowler