Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rakky Wistol

26 posts in this topic

Well... it's been a long road.  We've had some good times, we've had some sad times, we've all spent far too much time on here and yet there is always more more more...

6 months later and I'm at 1000 posts.  I'll let the math wingers tell me how many a day that averages out to.  To commemorate this event... a huge event... one question...

How would you play a 1000pt game?

2 players?  4 players?  Reinforcement mechanics?  Scenarios?  Goals?  Or just one big slugfest?

So what would you fly:

Solo- 1000pts

Team- 500pts split between 2 players

or the more realistic 2 players at 250pts?

Audio Weasel likes this

As many players as you can get.  The more the merrier, because this is going to be epic.  And epic memories are best shared by as many people as can share in the fun!  I'd love to participate in that game.

Just a thought... I'd love to host a convention game or major get together, where players brought their collections and we fought a huge battle.  Maybe fought as several simultaneous engagements as part of a day long (weekend long?) campaign.  100 pt v 100 pt tournaments are fine, but hardly constitute an epic battle and epic battles are what SW is all about!

Chris

Stelar 7 and Darthfish like this

I'd have to do an epic 1000 point game, but I'm not entirely sure I'd even be able to field 1000 points with the forces I currently have, even if I were to max out my pilots. I'd have to wait until wave 4 and the large ships come out before I'd attempt something quite that crazy.

Rakky Wistol likes this

Dang... I just put together two squads... one using every ship and filling every slot with what I would want in there if I could proxy everything, and that came out to 884.  Then I decided to make a max squad without proxying anything and came up with 871.  Bah humbug, I guess I can't really fly a 1000 game by myself.  Thankfully, I should be able to pull together 300+ points of rebels from whomever I'm playing against, so I won't have to put shield upgrades on every. single. ship. to get to 1000 points.

What is sick about that picture is the fact that by doing the math, The Imperial player spent close to $1000 on his ships alone.  At $15 a pop and $30 for each Firespray, I counted close to $900 in Imperial ships (and I may have missed a couple that were hiding behind other ships).  $1 a point...  That's too rich for my blood.  :P

I've played a 300 point game that took us roughly 6 hours (300 points per side).  I would imagine that 1000 points would take quite a bit longer.  It would probably be best played over a weekend..

What is sick about that picture is the fact that by doing the math, The Imperial player spent close to $1000 on his ships alone.  At $15 a pop and $30 for each Firespray, I counted close to $900 in Imperial ships (and I may have missed a couple that were hiding behind other ships).  $1 a point...  That's too rich for my blood.  :P

I've played a 300 point game that took us roughly 6 hours (300 points per side).  I would imagine that 1000 points would take quite a bit longer.  It would probably be best played over a weekend..

But if he got the TIEs in the Target sale at $12 bucks for a core, that's only $6 per TIE...  Not to mention if he went to sell the X wing on Ebay for $8+ bucks, now he's only paying 2 bucks a TIE.  The rest of the fleet is relatively normal, 11 x1, 8 int, 2 Firesprays... not too extravagant.  

Edited by Khyros

Four players, two per side.  Each player makes a 200 point list to start the game and two 150 point reinforement squads. 

Game begins.  Rock-paper-scissors to see who gets reinforced first.  Staring round four (or later because your board is going to be huge) that player lines his pieces up on the edge of the board during the planning phase, makes maneuvers as usual.  Moving clockwise around the board, each player takes turns adding a reinforement squad till each person has sent in one squad.  Play four rounds, repeat.

Four players, two per side.  Each player makes a 200 point list to start the game and two 150 point reinforement squads. 

Game begins.  Rock-paper-scissors to see who gets reinforced first.  Staring round four (or later because your board is going to be huge) that player lines his pieces up on the edge of the board during the planning phase, makes maneuvers as usual.  Moving clockwise around the board, each player takes turns adding a reinforement squad till each person has sent in one squad.  Play four rounds, repeat.

I think this is the most economical and therefore viable way to do it. 

...of course with 4 players you'd have to do rock paper scissors lizard spock instead.

Edited by Rakky Wistol
Revanchist and Viceroy Bolda like this

If the ships have competitive upgrades I guess the game features about 700 points per side. More with maximum upgrades.

you would also have to combine damage decks because you may run out quikly. :o

I'd ask my opponent if he agrees to use tokens for damage and reserve the cards for actual criticals.

And yes, I know what the rulebook says. IMAO that rule is bad. Very bad.

Edited by dvor

If the ships have competitive upgrades I guess the game features about 700 points per side. More with maximum upgrades.

you would also have to combine damage decks because you may run out quikly. :o

I'd ask my opponent if he agrees to use tokens for damage and reserve the cards for actual criticals.

And yes, I know what the rulebook says. IMAO that rule is bad. Very bad.

It is clearly not an  "official tournament" situation, so FFG can go stuff it!  You bought the toys, you play with them any way you like :)

5v5. 200 pts each. Game starts 3v3 with 2 entering at the 30 min mark. Each side protects 3 shield generators (50hp). Destroy all 3 to win..

Jawa beer for all. Loser pays for death sticks and twi'lek strippers.

Edited by Nataris