Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tamati Khan

A Z-95 I would buy....

7 posts in this topic

The title says it all really. As it stands, regardless of the rules, I just don't like how the Z-95 model FFG are releasing looks so I wouldn't buy it. On the positive side, if the rules proved tempting enough, Shapeways saves the day.....

674x501_1399171_1464660_1381921735.jpg

There are others but I think this one's my favourite. You can check out the page yourself here: http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=1%2F270+Z-95

Edited by Tamati Khan

See that's a cool ship but it's basically a Z-95 in name only. I dunno' what's wrong with the basic Z-95. It's supposed to look kinda' crappy, and I, personally, admire that.

I'm shallow

To me that looks nothing like the predecessor of the X-Wing, which is what the Z-95 should look like. I think the model they picked is great, it looks exactly like it should IMO.

The thing about the Z-95 is it's such prevalent ship model that's been long in production that it seems to have many variations in appearance.

Though it begs the question they're all numbered as marks of Z-95s and not some variant model like Z-95b, Z-96, Y-95, or some such.

Maybe it's like Dr Pepper; it's Incom/Subpro's lead product and they simply updated the aesthetics but don't dare change the components (asides the occasional 2-engine/4-engine variant and weapon load-outs).

To me that looks nothing like the predecessor of the X-Wing, which is what the Z-95 should look like. I think the model they picked is great, it looks exactly like it should IMO.

I can see your point, it does and should look like a pre-X-Wing design, but I just don't like the model.

Do the rules make it cooler than it looks?

Well it's a chuddy little ship that is overall weak but is also inexpensive, you can toss them all over the table and each can carry missiles, which an X-Wing and Y-wing cannot do, and it's cheaper than an A-Wing.

So yeah I'd say it's worthwhile.

Tamati Khan likes this