Sign in to follow this  
wishasc

Selling Out

With my kid-centric life (4y/o, 8m/o), I think I'm going to sell myself out of this game.

Is there a good marketplace to sell my collection?  I've traded things before on bgg, but not sure that there's much interest there for card games.

Any ideas?

I did my sell-out thread months ago and didn't find a buyer at the price I wanted (tried ebay and bgg). I kept my cards and now I'm back. I don't have the whole collection of the Hoth Cycle and only recently bought one copy of Edge of Darkness, but I'm realizing that I don't have to buy everything to still enjoy a great game. Sure, having a 2- and 4-year old means I don't play it that much, but I'm still really glad I didn't sell my collection because Star Wars rules!

EDIT: I forgot to answer the actual post. Because online retailers offer such a discount, you're usually not going to get very much from selling these games. You need to be willing to take 50% or less of the MSRP (most likely less). Between BGG and ebay, I think you'll get more views on ebay, but I like the idea of BGG because you're keeping the money in the hobby, so to speak, even though BGG takes a cut from your sale.

Edited by Budgernaut

As a somewhat related question, do you think a trade of Netrunner (3 cores, 1 cycle, 1 deluxe) for an additional Star Wars set (2 cores, 1 cycle, 2x EoD) is worth it?

My Netrunner set has fallen into disuse but being able to have additional standing Star Wars decks would be convenient but not really necessary.

In my shoes, would you hold onto unplayed Netrunner or trade for more convenient Star Wars?

As a somewhat related question, do you think a trade of Netrunner (3 cores, 1 cycle, 1 deluxe) for an additional Star Wars set (2 cores, 1 cycle, 2x EoD) is worth it?

My Netrunner set has fallen into disuse but being able to have additional standing Star Wars decks would be convenient but not really necessary.

In my shoes, would you hold onto unplayed Netrunner or trade for more convenient Star Wars?

I did pretty much this trade a few months ago. Best idea ever.

With my kid-centric life (4y/o, 8m/o), I think I'm going to sell myself out of this game.

Is there a good marketplace to sell my collection?  I've traded things before on bgg, but not sure that there's much interest there for card games.

Any ideas?

Just add up what you have and sell it for half on ebay. "Buy It Now" is a better option than letting them bid. Trying to get more than that will be hard since new players aren't exactly streaming in for SW. Good luck, man.