Sign in to follow this  
Maveritchell

Looking for some EotE website feedback

I've been revamping some of the way I store my work, and in doing so, I've put together a set of pages that contain my work I've done for Edge (maps, modules, etc.).

I'd love to get any feedback you guys have about usability - what works for you, what doesn't, parts you particularly like or dislike. If you've got a couple minutes, please let me know:

http://thompsonpeters.com/eote/

Wow Mav it looks fantastic!

I see you are tackling more outdoor maps as well.  looking great!  The layout of the website is top-notch, I really like how easy it is to preview each map.

Holy crap I just saw the vehicles section.  NEW STUFF!  So good dude.  I will be using ALL of this.

Edited by Conviction

Well, it looks like the Misc Resources tab is broken (although this might be the net nanny here at work) and I'm not fond of the fading header, vanishing to the left. It's a little tough to read.

Otherwise, looks pretty solid.

Well, it looks like the Misc Resources tab is broken (although this might be the net nanny here at work) and I'm not fond of the fading header, vanishing to the left. It's a little tough to read.

The only thing I know that's noticeably different on that page is that I've got an .apk download. Is that something that your filter might be blocking?

The only thing I know that's noticeably different on that page is that I've got an .apk download. Is that something that your filter might be blocking?

It might be - the net nanny here is notoriously heavy handed with some of the weirdest stuff. And of course the second time I tried, it worked just fine.

Yeah, don't take too much stock in what I'm seeing from work. Lord knows what they're doing to me.

The content is great, the presentation is wizard, and the navigation is easy—all good things.

If I may suggest having a blog page with an RSS feed. If I visit the site, I have no way of knowing if anything new has been added. The blog page doesn't need to have much, each post could just be, "Here's two new ships and a new map." Discussion about how you used (or plan to use) them in your game or background would be awesome but not strictly necessary.

Having an RSS feed, however, lets me add your site to Feedly (or any other newsreader) and then get notified of your updates. I can't tell if you're using a content management system for your site (it doesn't look like it) but they usually have RSS functionality built-in.

I'm still interested to know what you used to make those maps, they turned out really nice.

Whoops! Sorry for never answering that. I use Paint.NET, which is a free Photoshop-lite-type software. I build all my assets individually and then construct the maps with the pre-made pieces.

The content is great, the presentation is wizard, and the navigation is easy—all good things.

If I may suggest having a blog page with an RSS feed. If I visit the site, I have no way of knowing if anything new has been added. The blog page doesn't need to have much, each post could just be, "Here's two new ships and a new map." Discussion about how you used (or plan to use) them in your game or background would be awesome but not strictly necessary.

Having an RSS feed, however, lets me add your site to Feedly (or any other newsreader) and then get notified of your updates. I can't tell if you're using a content management system for your site (it doesn't look like it) but they usually have RSS functionality built-in.

Thanks for the tip. This is a learning experience for me as much as anything; it'll be good for me to have to put together something new. I'll give that a try before the next major update.

I'm still interested to know what you used to make those maps, they turned out really nice.

Whoops! Sorry for never answering that. I use Paint.NET, which is a free Photoshop-lite-type software. I build all my assets individually and then construct the maps with the pre-made pieces.

Wow, hard core!  I figured you were using something like Shuffler.  

Fantastic site and some great resources, I second some way to tell if there has been something new posted. You've also made me want to start making my own maps, though I don't think they'll be as good as yours. 

Welp, I'm just going to grab some of this stuff for personal use.

This stuff is so good, it should be published, and you should like put a donation button at the bottom of the page.

I've been revamping some of the way I store my work, and in doing so, I've put together a set of pages that contain my work I've done for Edge (maps, modules, etc.).

I'd love to get any feedback you guys have about usability - what works for you, what doesn't, parts you particularly like or dislike. If you've got a couple minutes, please let me know:

http://thompsonpeters.com/eote/

Amazing. The magnifying glass over the deck plans is a fantastic touch! Well done! It's great!

Otherwise, looks pretty solid.

Just to let you know that's not universal, I really like the fading header. Looks great!

Thanks guys, for the helpful feedback. So that I'm not a huge cad, I need to mention that I've updated the mention of my website in my other topic:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/90148-maps-modules-and-map-creation-materials/

And ask you to direct feedback there (just so that it's centralized).

I've made the RSS/blog change that a couple people requested - please let me know if that's what you all were looking for. Thanks!

I've made the RSS/blog change that a couple people requested - please let me know if that's what you all were looking for. Thanks!

Now, I might be just a simple country computer user, but I can't seem to find your link to your feed on your site.  

[edit] Fixed; adblock was blocking the righthand sidebar, how embarrassing for them.  

Edited by themensch

Thanks guys, for the helpful feedback. So that I'm not a huge cad, I need to mention that I've updated the mention of my website in my other topic:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/90148-maps-modules-and-map-creation-materials/

And ask you to direct feedback there (just so that it's centralized).

That was quick!

Subscribed. Everything looks good on the RSS side.