Sign in to follow this  
ZeroGrim

Cloak of feathers and Immobility

A quick and dirty question, I was playing a close game and was racing to the CoC, I get past the portal of power and the following situation happens.

I attempt to move and use cloak of feathers discard ability to skip to the CoC

Other player hits me with immobility stating i cant move

(A) I ruled that this would mean i cant take my normal movement and thus cannot discard cloak of feathers and simply lose a turn.

(B) They interpretted that since i discarded cloak of feathers but had yet to actually use the movement that i had lost the chance.

Which if either of us was right in this case?

It was my belife that you cant splice an effect inbetween a cost and a result unlace the effect says so (see counterspell or other such example)

(we went with A since i was more experinced, but player B still won anyway so it was all pointless anywho)

Immobility: "Cast at the start of a character's turn, before he moves."

Cloak of Feathers: "Instead of moving normally, you may discard the Cloak of Feathers to teleport to any space in the same Region."

The Cloak of Feathers is discarded when you would normally move.

The Immobility affects you before you move.

Meaning you were immobilized before you could use the Cloak of Feathers, meaning you keep the Cloak of Feathers.

Ahh must have missed that in the heat of the moment, In a similar extention of the same question what if someone hit me with a spell that said "their turn ends" or other such card?

This answer could be given only if we receive official clarification about effects that are used "at any time", whether they can interrupt actions or not.

I don't think Lightning Bolt is so powerful to cancel your move after you've already discarded the Cloak of Feathers.

The general rule should consider that when an effect is activated (=decide to discard the Cloak of Feathers) the effect has to be completed before anything else is done. After that, if you want the character to end his turn immediately, e.g. without casting the Command Spell or encountering an Alternative Ending, you may cast Lightning Bolt. It's the same rule required for claim reward phase (can I ditch all my Objects? Or alchemise them?) and for many other effects.

Let's wait for someone to read this and try to put a new FAQ together.

Edited by The_Warlock

Thanks Warlock thats what i was thinking, I belive somwhere theres a rule stating that the active player chooses the order of resolution for effects so that would mean that the actions themselves would still have to be seperate (discard and move then stunned or just stunned)