Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kainus

What Fan Projects are in development?

20 posts in this topic

Hey there, the title says it all.

I'm just getting involved in this edition (although I've been playing WFRP 2e for about 3 years now and the wargame for even longer) and I find the lack of support from FFG to be a little off-putting. I think I've grabbed just about every fan supplement on the net (LF 6-8, The Asur, The Dark Side, The Northmen, etc.) and would love to get involved in the production of something. 

My main areas of interest are:

-Marienburg

-Sylvania and the von Carsteins

-Averland and the Battle of Black Fire Pass

-Estalia

-Reikland Politics

-Naval Combat and Life

-Academic Communities of the Old World

Although I'm more than willing to educate myself on a specific locale/ faction in order to help out.

Also, I feel like it would be great to have a central repository for this information, so the community can have a reference for what it's currently working on.

Also, if anyone can recommend me some fan material I haven't listed above, I would highly appreciate that as well!

d6 Evil Men likes this

I'm working on an Averland Succession Crisis guide.  Rules-neutral showing how all the listed NPC cousins end up that way and fleshing out the smidgens of official stuff with my own "story of the succssion" without resolving it.

Intended to add background to Enemy Within 3rd edition or other adventures in Averland and be useful to anyone wanting to create such adventures.  As a "stewing pot of conflicting agendas", it's actually a nice backdrop for adventure spawning.

Edited by valvorik
d6 Evil Men likes this

Nothing on my front except a random character generator that I'll probably plunk along with over the next several months.

Well, new version of Norsca Project is coming (and Northmen was just "little" side-project)...

I'm working on some new places to the map, and the main "book" has expanded little in various chapters (and changed too). Overall it will be even MORE BIGGER than before. But it will take some time. There is various sources that I need to read / research first ...

I have also WFRP3 rules for the Norsca coming. All the careers, bestiary and various cards can already be found from my site, but more rules are coming. With those rules I probably need to create/expand little some other rules also.

There will be a complete town supplement for the Reikland town of Grunburg, at Liber Fanatica.

We are just waiting on artwork and final layout.

There will be a complete town supplement for the Reikland town of Grunburg, at Liber Fanatica.

We are just waiting on artwork and final layout.

More content on Liber Fanatica? Happy days, indeed.

What happened with LFX, by the way?

The first part of LF 9 came out the beginning of last year. Unfortunately the second part was hamstrung by the non appearance of a large part of it's content. We are working to rectify the situation. LFX may result from that.

Edited by ragnar63
GMmL likes this

The first part of LF 9 came out the beginning of last year. Unfortunately the second part was hamstrung by the non appearance of a large part of it's content. We are working to rectify the situation. LFX may result from that.

Grunburg guide AND leftovers from LF9!!! Awesome! Can't wait.

I have at least one adventure coming up. It is written but playtesting is still on process (second session has been postponed twice already). It is also missing art and the map as well as proofreading and it is written for WFRP2 (though I think we might see stats for the WFRP3 also if someone is up for converting it [yes, I'm looking at you Jay :ph34r:]).

Emirikol likes this

I have at least one adventure coming up. It is written but playtesting is still on process (second session has been postponed twice already). It is also missing art and the map as well as proofreading and it is written for WFRP2 (though I think we might see stats for the WFRP3 also if someone is up for converting it [yes, I'm looking at you Jay :ph34r:]).

I might be able to draw you a map like I have done for Grunburg, if you want.

I'm finishing up the convention pre-gens for the fantastic WFRP3 scenario, "One hand gives.  One takes away."

Aside from typos etc.

- internal contradictions

- contradictions with published sources people use in their games (save where I have explained why I changed something in my end-notes)

- things missed (e.g., I almost missed the Knights of Broken Sword who as all coming from familes that suffered from Gorbad are naturally a southern provinces group and could fit well with a Toppenheimer Conspiracy as a shadowy "Knights Templar" kind of group)

- things that (without making too much work for me) are needed to make it fit with some cool thing you have planned.  Luke Rose is working on some stuff for example and I moved to his versions of a couple of the NPC's both because "that's a fun take on personality" and it would make the document more useful to him in return.

My Averland Electoral Crisis background document now up in draft.\

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivkjp66i1she4a8/Averheim%20Electoral%20Crisis.docx

I'm amazed by such a detailed and well done document ! Congratulations for this incredible work and also for sharing it with the community. I've read it twice and start to use it for my TEW campaign. I like the Toppenheimer gambit idea and will mix it with the regular TEW.

I've started to update your genealogical diagram of Leitdorf and von Alptraum families as they are quite basic (will add the birth and death date + will use color code to highlight who is the husband who is the father etc)

Please let me know if you update your document later as I will be interested to see your changes !

Thanks, dropbox went throug a reform/security process and the link above broken, this should work, it has some corrections and added information about wizarsd and other bits (see version notes at the end):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rt5xw1o5m6utku/Averheim%20Electoral%20Crisis.docx

Updated family trees would be great (was a matter of space and not having a easily-used software for this)

Edited by valvorik
Emirikol and crimsonsun like this