Sign in to follow this  
Seiito

What class vessel is the Ghost?

In the video I linked above, the Lego version of the Ghost shows an escape pod coming out (at least the starboard docking ring does double duty).

Thanks! I rewatched the video and the demonstrator does say that both sides have removeable escape pods. Looks like double-duty escape pod / docking rings.

I went ahead and redid my VCX-100 deckplan as a two-deck plan, and (regardless of what it ends up actually being), this was a lot cleaner to make. I much prefer having the space two decks afford to work with, although the shape of ships like this one (with all its various sundry crevices) makes for awkward deck structures, occasionally.

This thread had some good suggestions, too.

As before, you can see and download it here (with all its stats):

http://thompsonpeters.com/eote/deckplans_transports/

Lower Deck:

vcx100_f1.png

Upper Deck:

vcx100_f2.png

You know, I thought the Ghost was 'meh' and the 'B-17' portion (flight deck and navigator/gunner bubble) looked out of place. Then I saw the head on shot of picture #3... OK, I like it a bit more now. :wub:  And I'm not afraid to admit the mechanic out on the 'wing' banging on suff with wrench and the murderous bot behind him made me giggle a bit.

Maveritchell, where did you get the top-down image of the Ghost? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is that your creation?

Yep. I drew it as a VCX-100 without any Phantom attached to the rear (maybe in the stock version, this would be just an external cargo module, which is why there's no connection to the main deckplan).

You know, I thought the Ghost was 'meh' and the 'B-17' portion (flight deck and navigator/gunner bubble) looked out of place. Then I saw the head on shot of picture #3... OK, I like it a bit more now. :wub:  And I'm not afraid to admit the mechanic out on the 'wing' banging on suff with wrench and the murderous bot behind him made me giggle a bit.

I think that murderous bot is part of the crew. :) 

I'm still trying to figure out what the mechanic is working on in that image. Those tiny lights both sides of the cockpits are supposed to be floodlights according to the schematic. There is smoke coming out of them? Those "forward floodlights" look very important in the sketches of the ship. TOO important to be just headlights. I'm going to go on a limb early here and speculate those floodlights conceal something. Perhaps flipping open to reveal proton torpedo launchers or some such. :D

I've even made an attempt at a stock version in Cartol's Emporium.

May I borrow from this to add to a deckplan I'm working on?

Edit - I couldn't wait to post, so took the liberty to glance at your stats and use them as a starting point. In the end I made several changes to support my own interpretation of this ship.

Edited by Sturn

Deckplans and game stats for a stock version of the Ghost. I did my best to research anything I could get ahold of (see the posts above), but I'm sure there will be changes once the Rebels series is released.

EDIT: MADE A NEW THREAD FOR DISCUSSION AND A LINK TO THE PDF HERE.

Preview:

VCX100prev.jpg

Edited by Sturn