Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seiito

Everything is Cool When You're Part of a Team!

125 posts in this topic

We plan on having our characters run until they take one to many blaster bolts, or get snapped in half by a Rancor.  Eventually we will either side with the Rebellion, or the Empire, and go from there.  None of us are in a hurry to 'move into AoR' and just want the story to play out.  We still have a ways to go before we tap out of EotE material.  Heck, I can even see us running EotE all the way up to F&D before we even 'move into AoR'.

Barring character death I don't foresee any outright re-rolling. In our last between-season Session 0, the group all got on board with doing the Stop the Big Bad overarching plot. So that EotE campaign is set to conclude that arc after 50-60 sessions. Seeing as we're about to play the 23rd session tonight, I'm fairly certain we'll see an AoR spec added to at least one of the team.

My current plans are to start a second campaign this Summer that is purely AoR.

Nope. Going to get it and incorporate some of the stuff from it (mass combat, AT-AT and the A-wing are definitly going to be a thing), but there isn't going to be an AoR campaign. Niether my players or myself are big into the Rebels or the Force, so they're probably not going to be a central focus in any of our campaigns.

Seiito likes this

My Human Smuggler/Thief was killed in a shoot out with bounty hunters in the final session of our Edge campaign last night and you guys have been giving me a few ideas as to what to play next, so thanks.

The next part of our campaign involves us working alongside/joining the rebellion so I may play a rebel and one other might retire his character. From what I've read in the beta the rebel commando seems pretty good. 

Seiito likes this

The group I GM for has a pretty decent composition:

Male Human mechanic who really wants to start becoming a demolitionist. 

Male Human scoundrel/pilot

Female Chiss big game hunter who is lethal towards her adversaries

Male Human assassin/Force-sensitive who likes his vibro-ax

Male Trandoshan medic who is addicted to pretty much everything. 

We're in a bit of a transition right now, since we lost our Droid bounty hunter to a particularly nasty adversary. We'll see what else he comes up with. 

Seiito likes this

Our Group

Female Human - Smuggler(Scoundrel) - Our Captain, Pilot and Negotiations

Female Human - Explorer(Scout/Force Sensitive Exile) - Our Sniper 

Male Human - Bounty Hunter(Gadgeteer) - Our Muscle and Mechanic

* Female Arkanian Offshoot - Bounty Hunter(Assassin) - Stealth and Computers

* My Character.

Seiito likes this

When a Cowboy Bebop reference was made last week, one of the other players then said that would make the drall slicer their version of Ein

Reynard Kitsune, Bothan street-rat trying to make it as a bounty hunter (me)

Kitty Politico, Twilek noble sold into slavery by treacherous sister

What's-his-name (I forget his real name), Human computer genius with a gambling problem

Triel, former mushroom farmer turned criminal low-life

Lowriik, Wookie NPC (owes us a life debt)

R2-XJ, astromech droid

I love the idea of having guests use the NPC's as characters to join the fun! I'm totally going to invite people to play the Wookie for a session.

My player's group consists of a Human Bounty Hunter/Gadgeteer, a Human Hired Gun/Mercenary Soldier, a Twi'lek Smuggler/Thief/Scoundrel and a Human Smuggler/Pilot/Mechanic.  We have a Klatooinian Bounty Hunter/Assassin who plays with us from time to time.  The party also recently picked up two tween twin Twi'lek slave girl NPCs that they were unsure what to do with.  Most of the PCs are very much opposed to slavery, which is why they ended up with the girls in the first place, but they haven't been able to find a suitable place to drop them off.  The general consensus at this point is that they are going to train them as techs/mechanics to teach them a useful trade.  I've been letting the kids add a bonus die to Mechanics rolls as they can do scut labor like hand someone tools or hold a light, etc.

Lax child labor laws for the win!

I've been running a ported over Galaxy Guide 6/Minos Cluster campaign.  I've modded it to take into account that the PCs are not terribly interested in being Rebels, but have no problem making a profit off of them.   Their ship is a mostly stock YT-2400 freighter.  It's light on modifications because I've been trying to keep them on lean offerings so they can get a sense of how economically depressed the Minos Cluster is.  To encourage them to come up with their own jobs, I make sure they get paid poorly when they're doing jobs for others and hand out bigger XP and credit rewards when they act like criminals and rough folks.  ;)

Edited by Ecaza
Seiito likes this

Just started a new group.

In it I play a wookiee demolitionist. I am one of the better combat characters and I double as the mechanic/technician/driver.

The next guy is a Bothan Thief. He mostly finds information and is useful for stealth.

We also have a correllian pilot (obviously). He is fairly smart so he can navigate in addition to fly the ship.

Lastly we have a trandoshan Merc Soldier. He pretty much is straight combat with several leadership abilities to help everyone (except the wookiee) out.

We have a fifth member, but he missed the first game and still needs to make a character.

Seiito likes this

Our Rodian Pilot who does swoop and speeder races in his down time, rolled a Triumph when chattin it up with some security personnel on a space station we went to.  He has a decent sized fanboi section on that ship and got stuck doing some autographs after our last session.   :lol:

kaosoe and 2P51 like this

I GM for my sister and her group of friends. An all-girl group of "Property Relocation Experts"

I run their NPC pilot, Zabrina, a Corellian smuggler scoundrel. She mostly stays on the ship and tools around. She's their backup, in case anything goes wrong. So far, they haven't needed her help.

My sister plays A'lira, a twi'lek smuggler scoundrel, but she's looking forward to becoming an entertainer once they're released. A'lira's a gambler and bought her freedom from her Hutt owner by winning a sabaac championship, but he reneged and now she's listed as an escaped slave and owes a debt to her former master. She took her winnings and bailed.

Stacey plays Zubra, a human hired gun. Zub's has contacts with the Rebellion and she'll do jobs for them, for a price. She's constantly upgrading her weapons or trying to acquire new ones.

Lanie plays a 14 year old twi'lek Driver named Chikka, also known as "Chik". Chik is addicted to speed and wants to be a pod racer when she's older. For now, it's practice, practice, practice. Lanie used a sketch she saw of twi'lek girl with short lekku and kept the small lekku idea. She says they'll grow out when she's older.

Their ship is a YT-1930 named Crimson Clover (or Crimson n' Clover) - they argue about the name. Zabrina wears a green synth-leather jacket with a green clover with red edging. Zabrina flies, Zubra fires the guns, Chikka fixes what gets broken.

Seiito, kaosoe, Dex Vulen and 1 other like this

Just started a new group.

In it I play a wookiee demolitionist. I am one of the better combat characters and I double as the mechanic/technician/driver.

The next guy is a Bothan Thief. He mostly finds information and is useful for stealth.

We also have a correllian pilot (obviously). He is fairly smart so he can navigate in addition to fly the ship.

Lastly we have a trandoshan Merc Soldier. He pretty much is straight combat with several leadership abilities to help everyone (except the wookiee) out.

We have a fifth member, but he missed the first game and still needs to make a character.

How do the wookie and the trando get along?

Not very well, we were hired separately so we kind of grin and bear it in the spirit of professionalism. The person who is playing the Trando took some leadership talents and skill so he keeps addressing himself as the leader of the group and I keep discrediting/insubordinate him. I also go out of the way to not help him, like not repairing his items or giving him grenades when we are about to do a breach attack. He is also equally antagonistic to me. We keep kill counts and act very similar to Gimli/Legolas.

Edited by BroodyGambit

We keep kill counts and act very similar to Gimli/Legolas.

Except that Gimli and Legolas actually start to like each other?

Seiito likes this

Current Party (around 135xp)

Nerf Herder- modified Ghtroc 720 freighter

Oroco-Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin)

Vicara-Bothan Hired Gun (Mercenary)

Navarre-Wookie Hired Gun (Marauder)

Lyeia-Twi'lek Smuggler (Thief)

Pashon Girrard-Human [Alderaanian] Technician (Mechanic) with some military training (ex-Imp)

It is a bit combat heavy.  Before Pashon, they had a Rodian Explorer (Driver).  He and the thief were the noncomms of the party.  The Rodian left the party to study under a Jedi in exile. 

With the loss of the main pilot, space encounters are a little more touch-and-go.  But with modifications, the Nerf Herder is a space turtle.  It can take some abuse before being in serious trouble.

Seiito likes this

Pets seem pretty uncommon. My group recently lost its robodog, he got blasted in zero-gravity by a squad of stormtroopers.

Pets are my goal! Well, something like that. Planning on getting the K9 droid from EtU as my personal pet/partner.

Once I get my own ship, I plan on having little droids all over the place rather than crewers.

I'm the GM of a group consisting of

-My 11 year old son runs a Human Smuggler modeled after Han Solo, but he carries a sniper rifle.

-His 11 year old friend runs a Wookiee Marauder modeled after Chewbacca, but he carries a vibro axe.

-His other 11 year old friend runss a Human Slicer

-My 64 year old father runs a Mon Calamari Scholar modeled after Sherlock Holmes from Elementary.

They are basically a bunch of criminals that will steal anything they want, and potentially kill anyone that gets in there way of them taking it, while the Mon Calamari provides insight as to doing these things without getting caught.

Rupenink, kaosoe, shupface and 1 other like this

Our group just started out, but our 3 PCs are.

Male Human Bounty Hunter Survivalist/Scoundrel(armed to the teeth with a HBR, Blaster Carbine, Heavy blaster pistol, blaster pistol, Thermal Detonator, 2 frag grenades) from a semi-civilized world known for making bounty hunters.

Male Human Technician Slicer. On the run from the Black Sun.

Assassin Droid Hired Gun Marauder with a focus on melee combat. Armed with integrated Shock Fists(Brass Knuckles and Shock gloves) and weilding a very large axe. Think HK-47 from the KOTR game but as an axe murderer instead.

We recently finished part 2 of Long Arm of the Hutt(the party)

Long story short: We roughed up the Gand into spilling the beans, sweet talked Piddok into giving us all the info we could want, and bought some weapons, sold and bought a ton of Info from the Toydarian, hired the smuggler duo to run spice with us/sneak us into Mos Shutta, and hacked the Protocol droid at the bar to sell our drugs for us(something we now plan on doing to every protocol droid barkeep we run across)

In the words of our assassin droid, "drugs don't sell themselves!"(he hates organic meatbags and sees drugs as a way to damage them)

Edited by ZachAttack
Seiito likes this

Pets seem pretty uncommon. My group recently lost its robodog, he got blasted in zero-gravity by a squad of stormtroopers.

Pets are my goal! Well, something like that. Planning on getting the K9 droid from EtU as my personal pet/partner.

Once I get my own ship, I plan on having little droids all over the place rather than crewers.

That's the dog our face guy lost for the group. Kinda funny to me considering he spent group funds on it. I'd have preferred a Cybot Galactica walker scout droid.

It wasn't a group K9 unit, I bought him. I did borrow from the group funds to pay for him but I've paid over 1/2 of it back and remind everyone each session how much I owe.

kaosoe and Seiito like this

My bunch.

Targin - Human Male Bodyguard - Ex-cop turned mercenary, a fundementaly good man that couldn't stand the New Order's oppresive methods. He sort of operates as the face of the group, though he lets Leesa do the smart work.

Leesa - Human Female Archaeologist - A young Human woman with a love for the lore and anqituity. Unfortunately she's got some sponsors to keep happy, and she's looking for a way out of their grasp.

Carnus (Me, baby) - Houk Male Gadgeter - A Guild hunter with a strong sense of duty to his trade and a contempt for amatuers and freelance scabs. He's not an overly mean sort, but he knows he's a big, scary alien and he's learned to roll with the naturaly intimidating air of his species to take the fight out of his marks (And to use his blaster when that doesn't work).

Darvyl - Human Male Thief - The newest addition to the crew picked up on Raxus Prime. He's got a few scores to settle after his buddy stabbed him in the back and stole his ship. He's also an unashamed lady's man.

Gadzooks! This looks fairly familiar, was just about to post the group on this thread when I saw you beat me to it.  I am GM'ing for these guys, been having fun so far.  Was new to GM'ing, first it was just Leesa and Carnus and I, and I ran them through a modified Under the Black Sun adventure that I tied into Beyond the Rim Module.  At the end of Under the Black Sun, the group stole the Nikto's ship  the Borrowed Time.  I had a NPC Pilot aboard, a Cathar female named Callista, that was all too happy to be working with a more professional team.

Targin then joined our group that Reom had hired to assist and make sure they brought back any finds on Cholganna.  After some time in the jungle, they laid a trap and assaulted the Imperials trying to capture them and Cratala.   They blasted offworld and headed towards Raxus Prime where they picked up a new crew member, Dav as he likes to be called.  He had been stranded doing random jobs from IsoTech while the anger of the betrayal of his friend and stolen ship consumed him. 

Their ship had taken quite a bit of damage and they feared the hands of the Empire would be after them.  They left with Reom's ship towards the Roche System to meet up with Iso I.  Had to do some parts gathering from a nearby system where a black market thrived, as well as hire a Ugnaught to install a 2nd transponder in their ship to create a new profile that the Empire wouldn't be aware of.  They renamed the ship the Centennial Chicken. (Not sure if there are actual chicken's in SW, but that's the name they loved the most, comes with an emblem on the side of the cockpit of a chicken attacking a Jawa.  The Dirty Dewback came in 2nd)

Currently the group is heading to House Salaktori, where Carnus has been summoned by Jeslor Salaktori himself along with other hunters for what must be important, because it has been some time since this last occured.

Seiito likes this

Their ship is a YT-1930 named Crimson Clover (or Crimson n' Clover) - they argue about the name.  

Jimmy Eat World I presume?  Great Band :lol:

*Edit

Take it back, apparently it's an older song that I was unawares of :o

Edited by Dead-Pool