Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seiito

Everything is Cool When You're Part of a Team!

125 posts in this topic

Our Doctor is a Rodian.... He never shoots first, but when he does, he does it with style. (He also has a nasty habit of using the ship's shuttle to reduce enemies to red mist.)

Wow, he's the exact opposite of our doctor. Not only does our doctor shoot first and to hell with the questions, he's also murdered an innocent npc in broad daylight. Hmmm, I wonder why his obligation is wanted. Our last game was the first time that he has refrained from just killing the people we can get info from and boy did that come back to haunt us. That job would have been so much easier if we had just killed the freaking droids instead of trying to help out and get info from them.

Your doctor wouldn't be named "Holliday," would he?  Or "Huckleberry?"

No, it's Gavin, but I do believe he has said "I'll be your Huckleberry" as he shot someone in the face, this person might have actually deserved it. For some reason if he acts like a reasonable sane person... or Givin, and we try to come up with a plan and work the problem out, it ends up going poorly. If he just goes crazy and decides killing and explosives are the way to go, we win and prosper. I guess our doctor is trying to cure people of the disease known as life.

"Fixer", Gand Gadgeteer, Force Sensitive Emergent - Findsman and techie, fixes things and shoots things with a Heavy Blaster Rifle (or LBR-9 Stun Rifle), possible Glitterstim addict, wants to be able see the future and find people far away.  Likes wearing a Jetpack. Frequently trips on Glitterstim and dances around the captain's cabin in his undies doing cave paintings (claims to be "communing with the Mists").

Tameron, Human Bodyguard, Force Sensitive Exile - all around combat monkey, former Imperial Shadowguard, has an Orange Lightsaber and a sweet looking suit of armor.  Very good at jumping from high places without getting hurt and looking badass when he lands.  Refuses to use a standard character sheet.

"Chuck", Wookie Marauder, Force Sensitive Exile - damage sponge, Vibro-axe combat monkey, took Force Sensitive only for combat bonuses.  Currently being pimped by the group in the arena on The Wheel, possible contender for champion.

Wyrrlok, Twi'lek Scoundrel - Obsessed (literally, as in the Obligation) with credits.  Flies the ship, shoots things, wants to buy a Citadel freighter and engage in piracy, wears a Jetpack, dual wields disruptor pistols, loves stroking his head tails, frequently uses our medical droid, "Cherry-2000" for purely medical purposes.

EG-17, Droid Assassin, shoots things from very far away with exploding bullets, very scary to look at, wears a cool cloak, Does not know the Gadgeteer rigged him with a restraining bolt.

"Rancor" Willy, Human Survivalist, only played partially for one game, has a beard, drinks his own piss.

Ship:  Pudgy Rancor II, YT-2400, has guns and everyone in the group sucks at shooting them.  Frequently gets its hyperdrive messed with by NPCs, often hit by the Gadgeteer's wrench.  Has a captain's cabin flooded with amonia, oddly smells like feet.

Edited by CrunchyDemon
Dex Vulen and Seiito like this

I am GM and my group of players/mass murderers:

Female Rodian Politico, talker of the group

Male Wookie Mechanic, basically a mute.

An IG-147 droid; option 1, kill, option 2 kill, option 3 take a trophy, option 4 kill. Major issues here.

Male Gand thief, bucking the findsman tradition. The only one with any kind of moral compass.

Their solutions to problems are absolutely hilarious, but their actions are going to come back to bite them here shortly.

Seiito likes this

Group 1

187- Droid Assassin

Preek - Rodian M Slicer

Bart - Human M Smuggler

Bone- Bothan M Doc

Gershon- Twi'lek F Politico (Charm based- buffer)

This team was on the road to the rebellion before it was cool.  Preek being the only hold-out, but he knows where his bread is buttered, so he goes along for the ride.

Group 2

Raz' Loc Trando M Maruader

Gand (hasn't earned his name, nor first person speech yet)  M Scout

Boz - Bothan M Politico (Deception/coercion based- hexer/debuffer).

This team is under the employ of Tanda the Hutt, obviously prior to the Zhnn Consortium kidnapping. (Shhh!)

Seiito likes this

For all the GMs out there, do you also play characters in the party?

My GM prefers not to, speaking through characters "in" the party when needed but not deciding what the party will do.

I don't!  I have enough going on without adding another "NPC" to the mix.  I don't even see where that would be fun.

My GM prefers not to, speaking through characters "in" the party when needed but not deciding what the party will do.

I've had as many as three NPC regulars in the group. Currently one has quit the group (in utter disgust over the group's decision to enter the slave trade) and another is being held as a hostage by a Hutt to ensure the PCs' compliance. The last is a droid technician (mechanic) that is almost the mouthpiece of the group's ship.

Our Doctor is a Rodian.... He never shoots first, but when he does, he does it with style. (He also has a nasty habit of using the ship's shuttle to reduce enemies to red mist.)

Wow, he's the exact opposite of our doctor. Not only does our doctor shoot first and to hell with the questions, he's also murdered an innocent npc in broad daylight. Hmmm, I wonder why his obligation is wanted. Our last game was the first time that he has refrained from just killing the people we can get info from and boy did that come back to haunt us. That job would have been so much easier if we had just killed the freaking droids instead of trying to help out and get info from them.

Doctor assisted homicide?

The game I play.

Gadgeteer Mandalorian - Tries to tank but takes 4 crits per fight.

Assassin Human - Mommy issues and has betrayed the party on 2 occasions.

Outlaw Tech Human - Only character who knows about the betrayals. Big fan of vehicle modifications.

Doctor Twilek - Wants to be face basically Mother Theresa.

Politico Human - Actual face. Wants to "fix" everyone in the party to be more noble.

Scoundrel Droid - Commando droid from Clone Wars on deep cover operation with memory wipe.

The game I run.

Wookie Marauder - Life debt owed to Trandoshan NPC, surprisingly face oriented.

Chiss Archaeologist/Force Sensitive - Scouring the outer rim for Jedi artifacts to learn the force, all her credits go to fixing an ancient and severely under powered Lightsaber (Vibrosword).

Toydarian Outlaw Tech - Doesn't intimidate, doesn't negotiate, doesn't charm, doesn't shoot. Still love everything about the character.

Seiito likes this

I learned not to the hard way.

The first time, I was a player for a new group that had started up. The GM had a player to 'guve us guidance,' but him and another player made plans that really stole the thunder from the rest of the group, making his character a king with a super death weapon. It was mainly from that being his first game, but it's a good message as to GM PCs.

The second time was one of my own games, except instead of having a full blown character, I moreover just had a permanent NPC. However, he was very overpowered and I had him always help another player to the downfall of the others. This was my first real game, though, so like the above it was an honest beginner's mistake.

The third was also an NPC, this time more mellow and just a pivot point of the game. It was Star Wars, and I had two players (the GM from the first one and the preferred player from the second). I started out by using a provided map and having the players be on Endor during some point of Legacy so I wouldn't have to conform to the Rebellion at all (I was less informed of that time period back then, and the book didn't help at all), and they got a ship with an Ithorian owner that let them stick with him as a reward for getting him an engine part. I added a few more NPCs, who were more of assets than PCs. It was more successful, and put up my personal precedent for NPCs.

Beyond that, I just have followers with my group to keep them in check so they don't take me down unexpected roads with little planning. When that happens, I make brash decisions and get them killed and maimed on accident. When it's all my fault entirely for not planning out an important scene I normally take it back. When they decide to board an enemy ship rather than escapes silly escape it, I let them loose an arm and a leg (which actually happened; Stormies overwhelmed them and now one of them has a cybernetic while the other has a metal leg bone).

Edited by Castlecruncher
Seiito likes this

Yes, I created a sidekick character for our new Archaeologist/BGH. She's really just a kid, with a smattering of skills and just brings a perky attitude more than heavy firepower or plot direction. It's fun to have a 'voice' in the party, as long as I don't steer things for them.

I hope to still play my Space Weasel some day.

kaosoe and Seiito like this

I'm the GM of a rather small group:

Craddosk - Male Trandoshan Hired Gun (Marauder) - Exiled for being Force Sensitive and the 'Dosha claiming it invalidated his status as a hunter and every hunt he sought. Has a Responsibility to protect the weak and those who need protecting, this sometimes conflicts with his instinct to hunt and kill. He has a pet Gizka named Skavix and is a terrible shot but deadly with his Corellian Cutless. His goal in life is to become the best hunter there is and assembled enough Jagarnath points to regain his lost honor. In order to become the best, he will have to hone his powers and learn more about The Force.

Dra'nderroodo AKA Drander - Male Chiss Bounty Hunter (Assassin) - Born on Csilla but raised by Chiss merchants who travelled out of the Unknown regions, he was orphaned when his ship was attacked by pirates, the sole survivor of the attack. He was raised by a band of mercenaries who guided him towards the life of a Bounty Hunter. A member of the Bounty Hunters Guild. He has a particular connection with his mentor Garth Kaylak who is currently a 'guest of the Empire', this is something Drander cannot let continue. He is slightly psychotic with an Addiction to combat and bloodlust. He is in Debt to Teemo the Hutt. His ambition in life is to retire wealthy and alive to a little slice of heaven.

Rauha - Female Bothan Colonist (Politico) - Daughter of a rogue and wealthy Bounty Hunter, Rauha grew up liking the power she held in her community. She is more of a psychological danger to her enemies and is not afraid to twist their minds with her use of psychology and playing on peoples fears. She is currently wanted for the Betrayal and murder of her elderly husband, a wealthy Imperial Merchant. For this she not only has members of the family actively searching her, but she also has a Bounty on her head as a result. Her goal in life is to have the power she thinks she deserves and needs. To get that power she plans on fighting for the rights of non-humans in an attempt to get to a place where she once again has power.

Their ship was at one time the Krayt Fang but has now been repainted and fitted with a new transponder. Now the YT-1300 flies under the transponder name Highwind.

Edited by Ebak
Seiito likes this

I did more so in WH than so far in this, mostly because they all liked my 'Dwarf' acting skills.  I probably will be doing more when I move them in the direction I want to go, as they are going to be part of a larger Scoundrels/Ocean's Eleven/FastnFurious-ish gang-esque/insurgent/pirate group going forward.

Seiito likes this

Here's the makeup for our party:

Ti'mouth'ca: female Chiss Archaeologist (female player)

Tark Bany'tu: male Bothan Outlaw Tech (male player)

Jad Renek: male Duros Pilot (male player)

HK-6: Droid Assassin (female player)

Eldo Rip: male Human Doctor (male player)

I made a medical droid character to play when the party didn't have a doctor, but a friend was able to join the campaign so it didn't prove necessary.

Seiito and CrunchyDemon like this

I made a medical droid character to play when the party didn't have a doctor, but a friend was able to join the campaign so it didn't prove necessary.

Just keep the med droid around as a backup like the Emergency Medical Hologram on Star Trek.

Heh, I thought about it, but they're living dangerously :)

I am the GM for the following group of misfits.

Jemadar -(Female Zabrak bounty hunter:gadgeteer/ smuggler:pilot) A no nonsense bounty hunter who will stop at nothing to get her target. She eschews taking cover like a sane person to steadily march through the range bands firing giant heavily modified blaster pistols at people and letting her heavy armor soak up the hits. There is a running joke that she wears a watch with a timer that counts down to "shootin' time" that she starts whenever negotiations begin.

Bastilla Onassi -(Male Human smuggler:scoundrel who really liked KOTOR) A black market dealer for a now dead hutt. He is not a coward, but is overly concerned with his own safety and often puts that before the needs of the rest of the team. He is good at negotiations and always seems to "know a guy" but his mouth talks faster than his brain can think. He lost a leg to a nasty vibro-axe wielding Gammorean and has since become obsessed with getting "dope robot legs".

I -(An IG-88 model hired gun:marauder) On the run from imperial law, framed for a crime he didn't commit the droid fell in with the others. He is silent most of the time and is kinda of notorious for taking crap from everyone who throws it his way. Using his trusty shock staff he fights on the front lines of conflict should it arise.

"Valentine" -(Male Human bounty hunter:assassin/gadgeteer/ Technician:slicer) An ex bounty hunter who faked his death to escape his enemies and consequently losing his imperial peacekeeping license. He now serves as the catch all of the group doing odd jobs and picking up the slack in the more esoteric skill areas. His past is a mystery that is starting to catch up with him.

The Hunter's Quarry -(YT-2400 freighter) A ship stolen from a bounty hunter. They renamed it, slapped a fresh coat of paint on and modified it.

Primary Jobs: Dealing with their past and being blackmailed by a Blacksun handler who helped them kill their Hutt employer. Not a day goes by they aren't worried about the myriad of bounty hunters, crime lords, drug dealer, and imperial agents that are chasing them across the galaxy. Ironically this shared desire for safety and survival is the glue that holds them tenuously together. If not for necessity they would have all shot each other by now.  

Edited by tranDOSHan
Seiito likes this

Just keep the med droid around as a backup like the Emergency Medical Hologram on Star Trek.

Heh, I thought about it, but they're living dangerously :)

If you do want to keep him around but not have him interfere, then break him and leave his head intact so he can offer medical advice to boost the people who do try to play doctor. A disembodied droid head might also be handy as a lookout.

Think of the head of the navigator in Monkey Island, except he's guiding you through your crewmates' fiddley bits rather than a volcano lair.

That's a cool idea, I'll keep it in mind for the future!

In our case, we have a Doctor as a player character now, so I think we'll stick with him.

Actually the Haynes Millenium Falcon Guide says that the Falcon has three droid brains... I'm not sure how that fits with the EOTE rules, but I bet he'd make a heck of a Pilot character. The only down side is never being able to visit cantinas, and all those vermine crawling around your insides.

I'm the GM of the following insane group:

Male Zeltron Politico/Assassin with a love of parties (The Face)

Female Jawa Mechanic/Outlaw Tech who is unhealthily obsessed with droids (The Mechanic)

Male Dashade Doctor Marauder with some blackmail over his head (Field Medic)

Male Twi'lek Scoundrel/Mercenary Captain with a criminal record and a hatred of slavery (The Pilot)

Male Human Bodyguard/Recruit with a sense of camraderie with his old "war buddies" (The Bruiser)

The group may be tweaking careers in the near future once our new books get in hand, but that's what we have right now.

Seiito likes this

My group owed a good portion of their obligation to the Pyke Syndicate, and the rest had come to them looking for aid with their own more personal obligation.  The stars aligned, and Kaato ripped off the family.  On short notice, the Pykes threw the party together as a group of disparate experts and sent them off to find the missing spice shipment in UaBS.

After that bonding experience, the Pykes saw a good team, and a Hutt they knew happened to be looking for a group of hungry PCs to investigate his newly acquired Oridium Mine.  

Now at that point, I changed the Hutt to one that figured into two of the party's Obligations.  The Pykes made good on their word and facilitated the meeting (and ensuing adventure to Gavos) so that some Obligation could be reduced by finding the location of a ship from one PCs past, and eliminating computer evidence of our Outlaw Techs' previous incursions into the Hutt's systems...

Now that the trip to Gavos is finished, the party enjoyed some downtime shopping on Sleheyron, and the Hutt in question has hired the group to smuggle some "agricultural supplies" to Formos...

I'm curious about how all these teams formed.

My group was hired on to man the ship.

I found our droid in a destroyed space ship. Hired my co-pilot. Was hired to transport 1 of our bounty hunters and picked the other one up on a mission. Hit our doctor, Gavin the Givin, with the ship while dog fighting in space. Rescued another droid, and some npc crew members. Then we rescued our mechanic, Gavin's friend, from a hutt.

Oskara and Pash knew each other from before the game started.

We met Manny (politico) on Reaper's World.  Having no Streetwise at the time he was near penniless and being pursued by a Swoop Gang (though he was too naive to understand this, at the time).  We kind of felt bad for him initially.  He told us about this business venture he was about to get into (as soon as he had enough cash to hire a ship).  He was buying the information from an information broker who we thought was gouging him.  We were correct, but the information proved accurate (though had been sold to a couple of other treasure hunters before us).

Part of the "treasure" (salvage) - after we'd secured it and fled the other hunters - turned out to be CC-2N8, our BX-series marauder.

Edited by Col. Orange
Seiito likes this