Sign in to follow this  
Alvarus

Anyone else paint their models?

Alvarus said:

Like so?

vipers.jpg

raptors.jpg

basestar.jpg

I ordered stuff, and now think I should have asked a question. How big is the basestar in the picture, compared to what comes in the game, and what did you do to make it, or which miniature did you order?

Basestar:  I bought the 4" Titan model.  It's about the same size as the cardboard cutouts, except 3D and obviously quite a bit heavier since it's made from pewter.  And since it's pewter, you really should paint it.

It comes in two halves.  I primed both with silver spray paint.  Then we painted it gray.  And then we ink washed the model with watered down black to darken all the crevasses and textured areas.  And then we epoxied the two pieces together.

Vipers, raptors, raiders and heavy raiders:  We painted the plastic models that came with the game.  Prime them with a special paint for priming plastic.  Gave each a base coat and then detail paint, and then ink wash for bringing out more detail.  We also dry brushed dirt/battle damage onto the pretty gleaming white vipers.

I followed these instructions:

http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.com/