Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkGuard

Rebel transport! AT THE PRINTER'S!

25 posts in this topic

At the printers:

The product is at the manufacturer. The duration of this process can vary greatly depending on the characteristics of the product, from a few months for a book to many months in the case of board games, which often need to coordinate multiple companies' components such as cards, dice, miniatures, and game boards.

On the Boat:

The product is traveling from the printer to our warehouse. The duration of this process varies depending on where the printer is located, be it in the US, China, or Germany, but generally takes four to six weeks.

Shipping Now:

The product is being shipped from the FFG warehouse in Minnesota to stores and distributors. This process takes between 7-10 days for the US, or a few days longer in Canada.

These are the last 3 steps for our Transports. One the shortest side of the guess puts it in stores early June. On the long side July or August. So where do you stand, Will we see the Transports in stores before or after our Independence firework displays ( July 4th)?

I would guess (based on nothing more than intuition) it'll be later because A: The model is larger and more complex and B: the Xwing that comes with it has a different paint scheme than standard which will also take time.

I'm hoping, one or both, (albeit, in limited supply) will be available at least by August for Gen Con.
If not, have it available for demos at the con.

I would guess (based on nothing more than intuition) it'll be later because A: The model is larger and more complex and B: the Xwing that comes with it has a different paint scheme than standard which will also take time.

Those wouldn't really alter how long it takes to produce. The x-wing is still the same amount of painting to be done and since I doubt they are producing as many transports as they do smaller, cheaper ships the extra time it takes to pour the plastic in the mold and paint wouldn't really slow anything down, they are already designed after all.

I'm of the opinion that 'At The Printers' is only updated much later in the process. While it may be true that being at the printers takes as much time as indicated above, they may only officially declare a product at the printers after a successful test print run, which would be near the end of that process. It would mean that they could be actually on the ship (as opposed to having status set to that) in the next couple weeks instead of next few months. Again, speculation, but it does seem to follow their trends with other products.

Still, I would not expect to see this in your hooves prior to Gencon. Anything before that is a bonus. :)

pgarfunkle likes this

I expect aces in late march transport in June/July and the first limited sale of wave 4 at gencon in August then full distribution two weeks later in September. Then some announcement of an imperial lcapitol ship at gencon for some extra news at the end of the year. The cr90 first quarter 2015.

I'm of the opinion that 'At The Printers' is only updated much later in the process. While it may be true that being at the printers takes as much time as indicated above, they may only officially declare a product at the printers after a successful test print run, which would be near the end of that process. It would mean that they could be actually on the ship (as opposed to having status set to that) in the next couple weeks instead of next few months. Again, speculation, but it does seem to follow their trends with other products.

Yeah I agree, I would imagine 'At the printers' is for final production runs stockpiling them for shipping rather than earlier on in the process when testing the production

This is really the wrong way around when you consider hope was before empire! I'm not complaing however as I am looking forward to some new x-wing pilots