Sign in to follow this  
Jegergryte

Star Wars: Rebels

I had completely forgotten the space sling shot.  Another cringe moment.

I am not sure having kids with 'real' weapons would increase my enjoyment.

[image redacted]

200_s.gif

Jumping from a critique about a design decision to Sub-Saharan child soldiers is hyperbolic, and IMHO, in pretty poor taste.

That's Erik: he aims to agitate.

Also, good to see you back here, LethalDose - I don't recall seeing one of your posts in a long time.

Back on topic, I recall buying a 'professional' slingshot from a sporting goods store in my misspent youth. Sucker was sturdily made, with a fold-out forearm-stablizer, and came with a bag of ball bearings that were 6-9mm in diameter. 

I could've taken somebody's eye out with that thing. Thank goodness I'm a peaceful person.  :D

That's Erik: he aims to agitate.

Also, good to see you back here, LethalDose - I don't recall seeing one of your posts in a long time.

Thanks, it's good to be back.  Various life charlie foxtrots in addition to a dissertation have kept me away.

And Sonofab----! I should have recognized ErikB's BS when I saw it.  I was kinda hoping he had just gone away, or at least gotten better of time.  Again, dare to dream.  Good to know it's someone who should know better.

Edited by LethalDose

He also uses a hybrid lightsaber/blaster pistol. 

Wait, what? I thought he used a good old DL-18 and his lightsaber disassembled because hiding reasons (apparently if someone finds part of a lightsaber, then no worries). 

That's the other Jedi.

The lightsaber blaster pistol thing actuallyvmakes sense for the character. From what we've seen so far, as people are often influenced by those around them, Zeb has a dual function weapon. Ezra also asks Kanan if his lightsaber can do that when the inquisitor activates the spin mode. If Kanan used a blaster and lightsaber, it adds further influence to combine the two to emulate the master/father figure. Coupled with the above we likely get that weapon.

Or filoni thinks it's cool.

I want a rifle that shoots lightsabers! And the lightsabers are on FIRE! Now that would be awesome!

Desslok, have you visited that Crazy man, Mr Torque again?

Edited by Routa-maa

If people thought that R2-D2 had a potty mouth, that's going to be nothing in comparison to Chopper if that clip is any indication of the crap he's got to put up.  Nicest thing he'd probably have to say would be "stupid temperamental meatbags!"

If people thought that R2-D2 had a potty mouth, that's going to be nothing in comparison to Chopper if that clip is any indication of the crap he's got to put up.  Nicest thing he'd probably have to say would be "stupid temperamental meatbags!"

Oh, you've no idea. I've been in the middle of those arguments more times than I can count, and slamming your head repeatedly against a bulkhead is probably the most socially acceptable response. From what I've seen of him, they made Chopper truely an air spacecraft mechanic and Gods I love him for it! :D

A longer clip of the dogfight:

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Watch_The_Star_Wars_Rebels_Short_The_Machine_In_The_Ghost_159367.asp

I have to say, the voice acting isn't exactly...emotional.  It's annoying to hear no real strain or worry at all.  The TCW actors started off decent and became stellar.  Hopefully the Rebels actors will grow into it.