Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SheepDog

How many ships of Wave 4 are you going to purchase?

58 posts in this topic

Just thought this would be a good thread to see what people say.

My plan right now is

2x E-wing

2x Z-95 (this could easily bump to 4 if the ship performs well)

2x TIE Defender

2x TIE Phantom

For an idea of where I'm coming from my collection is:

1xCore

3x X-wing Expansion

2x Y-wing Expansion

2x A-wing Expansion

3x B-wing Expansion

1 Falcon

1 HWK

3x TIE Expansion

3x TIE Int

1x Aces

2x TIE Advanced

3x TIE Bomber

2x Firespray

1x Shuttle

I also plan to get one of each huge ships.

How about everyone else?

Wow, your collection totals almost perfectly match mine, with the exception of the firespray, of which I have one and the B-wing (just 2).

I also plan to start with 2 of each expansion.

Just thought this would be a good thread to see what people say.

My plan right now is

2x E-wing

2x Z-95 (this could easily bump to 4 if the ship performs well)

2x TIE Defender

2x TIE Phantom

For an idea of where I'm coming from my collection is:

1xCore

3x X-wing Expansion

2x Y-wing Expansion

2x A-wing Expansion

3x B-wing Expansion

1 Falcon

1 HWK

3x TIE Expansion

3x TIE Int

1x Aces

2x TIE Advanced

3x TIE Bomber

2x Firespray

1x Shuttle

I also plan to get one of each huge ships.

How about everyone else?

Wow, your collection totals almost perfectly match mine, with the exception of the firespray, of which I have one and the B-wing (just 2).

I also plan to start with 2 of each expansion.

Funny.  I just recently in last 2 weeks got the extra Firespray, B-wing, and TIE Bomber.  I was totally under the impression there wouldn't be anything new any time soon and wanted to fill out my fleet a bit.  I also picked up a solo X-wing siting there all by itself at Barnes and Noble looking lonely surrounded by A-wings, TIE Advanced, and other useless ships (just joking, it didn't look lonely).  So that number should be 4x X-wing.

I know Aces will be here soon, but was kind of let down that the transport hadn't been updated.  Had no clue that Wave 4 would be announced.

VERY EXCITED for this next wave.  Hope they have the timeline right.  It would be a big let down if it gets delayed.  But I'm really impressed with FFG.  They seem to have their ****   together.  Like someone said in another thread "A company of gamers for gamers". 

I will probably purchase the following:

1x Defender- with the Shapeways one I already have, that will give me 2 and I don't see a need for more.

1x Phantom- a pretty specialized ship, again, I do not think I will need more than one... we'll just have to wait and see.

1x Z-95- with the three (better looking ones) I have from Shapeways, that will give me four and I think that is plenty.

0-2x E-wing- not really a big fan of the design but I might have to buy at least one for completions sake.

Chris

I have a good feeling that Wave 4 may drop at Gen Con this year.  That's why initially I'm looking to get 2 of everything in Wave 4 (Last year, FFG has a limit for purchase of 2 units through use of a "ticket system").  Once Wave 4 hits retail, that will change when more is known about Wave 4 as a whole.  With the news of Wave 4, I cannot wait for Gen Con. :)
That said, I'm very excited about the Headhunters and Phantoms, so I might bump those up to, at minimum, 4 - 5, and 3 - 4 TIE Defenders and E-wings.

Probably just pick up a couple e-wings, and a couple headhunters. If there is a viable imperial aces build featuring defenders/phantoms maybe get those. But I have been telling myself ill pick up an imperial ace build for almost a year and it has yet to happen.

The ewing looks pretty sick, so I need to get those. And since we have been escalating points lately, a pair of cheap missile boats might be a good option too.

Well, the TIE Defender just became my default X-Wing purchase if I don't know what else to get. So however many that means. Probably 1 Z-95 (not really a Rebel Swarm fan myself), but more if one of the pilots turns out to be Mara Jade. No real interest in the E-WIng (no offense, just not my kind of fighter), and a few TIE Defenders. Time to make Onyx Squadron from the CCG!

I'm planning to get:

6x E-Wings

8-10x Z-95s

6x TIE Defenders

6x TIE Phantoms

I didn't think I'd be interested in ships that weren't from the OT, but I blew that when I bought 4 HWK-290s. Plus having multiple upgrade cards could be useful. I am the only one I know of in my aera that has X-Wing, so I try to make sure I have enough to share, also future proofing for when my son becomes old enough to play, I can gift half my ships to him.

aadh likes this

Was talking to my local importer mate yesterday to make sure my order got in for the 1st stock wave. I'm going for 6 Z-95s, and 3 of each for the rest. Although 8 is possible in a Headhunter swarm I think it's overkill, chances are 5 is probably enough but I also like the look of the ship. I used to get 2 of each and 1 of the large but since I cracked and started doing repaints I kinda want more of each for customs, up to 5 X-wings already. Painted up 3 blue squadron B-wings on the weekend.

Being all straight fighters, there's a lot of purchase potential. Bombers, missile-boats, two is fine; but Hot Machines? Who knows!

My initial notion is six Z-95s and two each of the rest. 

That could eventually ramp up to as many as eight plus fours, but I'll have to see how I like 'em.

A dozen Z's and six of each of the others. so thirty ships in total.

;)

Wow, are you like a meth dealer or just single?

That is alot of X-wing.  Not complaining, just blown away.

Very Single...and VERY Happy. I learned in my thirties to have girl friends, and not be a slave to anyone....just say'n.

;)

oneway likes this

Probably 4-6 Z95s and 3 of all the rest.

Hopefully people don't make it seem too interesting to field a full swarm of Z95s or I'll have to buy more.

I don't get to play very often and so far there is no tournament scene around here so no matter how well they fly I won't buy a single Defender, it is just too ugly/silly looking. The Phantom, on the other hand, looks pretty sweet. I might get 2-3 of those.

The real hurt will come with the Z-95. That thing looks cool and they really had me at "Rebel swarm". I don't see me getting the E-Wing for the same reason as the Defender, ugh.

Zero. Not a single one. Absolutely love that they're doing each of those designs, but I'm extremely disappointed in the models.

For my part, it's gonna be 4 Z-95, 2 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom and 1 E-Wing. I usually get 4 of each but from this wave, since I play during the rebellion Era (at least that's what I like to think), they all seems like prototype or very rare models, except for the Z-95. Especially for the E-Wing, was it even around during the rebellion era, or did it really came first during the Thrawn campaign?

So, very nice models and I can't wait to get my hands on them, especially the Tie Defender, but it's gonna be the wave that cost the less for me. Which is a good thing with the Aces, transport and Corvette coming too.... man the last one will remind me of those times I went solo against it in SWG... good times...

Probably going with the following:

E-Wing - 4

Z95 -  6

Tie Defender - 4

Tie Phantom - 4

Z95s are going to be a swarm.  You can see that coming.  I will slowly build up to 6 getting two at a time seeing if it is any good.  If not, I may stop at 4 there.  Getting 4 of the other ships I think will be critical for the Epic Format coming up. I think that is where the Tie Defender and E-Wing will show off what they can really do.   I expect FFG to announce the Epic Format at GenCon and probably show it off a little bit.  

Current thought is 4 Z's, 4 Phantoms, 3-4 E's, and 2-4 Defenders.

I already have 14 custom Z-95's (need to finish up those conversions from the old AMT/ERTL X-Wings! The work is pretty far along), so I don't need a full official swarm unless I really want to take them to a tourney.

As a start I will get 4 of everything but the Z-95. I think I will get 6 Z-95s. After that I might get a few more Defenders as I have loved that ship since Tie Fighter.