Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SheepDog

How many ships of Wave 4 are you going to purchase?

58 posts in this topic

Just thought this would be a good thread to see what people say.

My plan right now is

2x E-wing

2x Z-95 (this could easily bump to 4 if the ship performs well)

2x TIE Defender

2x TIE Phantom

For an idea of where I'm coming from my collection is:

1xCore

3x X-wing Expansion

2x Y-wing Expansion

2x A-wing Expansion

3x B-wing Expansion

1 Falcon

1 HWK

3x TIE Expansion

3x TIE Int

1x Aces

2x TIE Advanced

3x TIE Bomber

2x Firespray

1x Shuttle

I also plan to get one of each huge ships.

How about everyone else?

My instinct is to get 3 defenders and e-wings, 4 phantoms, and 4 (or more) Z-95s

I have consistently been known to buy too many ships in pursuit of theoretical specialized lists, but I am somewhat considering dialing it back this time around and getting 2 E-wings and phantoms.  Jury is still out on the Z-95, but 3 seems like the minimum there.  I have been waiting for defenders forever so that's a guaranteed 3, although 2 (or even just one) is probably the smart number

Either way, I'm not putting in my preorder until I get a bit more information.  My three HWKs were a lesson not to jump the gun without more information.  Those blaster turrets did not quite pan out like I had hoped...

Edited by Effenhoog

My general go to order is three of a small base, two of a large base, I plan on getting one of each huge ship once they come out. Only exception so far has been my five tie fighters. Don't see any reason to change now ;)

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

x2 phantoms, x 2 defenders, at least. I may get some z 95's as I don't mind playing swarm with rebels somewhat and they seem to perhaps be nice with A wings. I should get a couple E wings just, because. Though I don't see picking up the rebel ships right out of the gate. I'll pre order the imperial, and pick up the other ships as I feel it.

I'm looking at:

4 Z-95

3 E-wings

3 Defenders

3 Phantoms

Things might change, but I like having my small ships in multiples of 3 or 4. How many Defenders I get will ultimately be determined by how popular Epic play is in my area. The Phantom is likely the one I will put off on getting my "full set" of.

2 Z95s

1-2 of each of the others. Haven't fully made up my mind yet. But my brother and i each have our own sets and we play 95% against each other. So he will match whatever i order and we have agreed to "share" ships. We almost exclusively play Rebel vs Empire so its pretty easy for us to let each other borrow whatever the other needs. We thus  double our squad options wthout doubling our cost.

P.S. If there are any ships that i just fall in love with and need more of I will purchase as needed

Well, I have enough rebels to field almost any 100 point squad (missing a 5th A wing, a 5th Y wing, and a 3rd ORS).  As for imps, I have 9 LN, 2 x1, 2 (soon to be 4) IN, 3 SA, 1 FS (soon to be 2), 1 Lamdba (soon to be 2).  Since I don't play them as often, I don't have enough to field every squad with them, actually, I haven't played with any of my wave3 stuff yet =/.  

So, with that in mind, I'll probably pick up 2 Defenders, 2-3 Phantoms, 3 E wings, and gosh I don't know how many Z-95's.  Probably start with 4, likely quickly increase that to 6, and might end up with 8...  A lot of the local stores give out store credit to go along with doing well in tourneys (or as a door prize).  I might save the last 4 Z-95's for that.

Come on guys, I think the real answer to this question is: Too Many. Because we love new toys and new ships. And if I PLAN to buy too many ships, I won't be disappointed after I DO buy too many.

O its going to get abusive! My wallet will hurt.

Well, they will probably ship 4, maybe 6 per box.  And at $90 retail, that's $540.  But figure if MM can sell it at $60, then they're probably paying <45 for it, making their (and FLGS) cost per box at $270, assuming it's 6 per box.

I'm looking at using the minis for RPG purposes.
Remember that Z-95s are used as planetary defense forces.. so therefore this is how it looks for me:

6 Z-95

3 E-Wing

4 Tie Defender

2-3 Tie Phantom

RookiePilot likes this

I think initially I'll probably get something like:

3 - TIE Defenders

3 - TIE Phantoms

2 - Z-95s

3 - E-Wing

Edited by QuinnCee

I have only been in the game for a few months, so my Fleet is still expanding with what is out now. By the time Wave 4 comes out I should have what I need that is already out (plus one of each big ship and the Aces), so I am already planning.....

E-Wing  x4

Z-95      x5 (maybe 6?)

Tie-D    x3 (most likely 4)

Tie-Ph  x4

I will start out getting 2 of each, then build from there as my wallet allows.

Since these ships are high point costs and I Don't like running 2 or 3 small ship builds.

1 defender, 1 Ewing these ships are elite ships w loads of options. 1 each Unless the defender has an amazing new movement.

1 phantom, I may purchase 1 more because 4 base atk is really good for 25 points.

2 z95. I doubt I'll use an alpha strike missle platform as a pure swarm list. The base xwing is still a better ship for the points compared to a z95 w a missle.

And of course I reserve judgement to purchase more based on any new cards we haven't seen.