Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cogniczar

Eldar suppliment for Rogue Trader

9 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'm planning/writing an Eldar suppliment for Rogue Trader. The idea behind it is will be to play Eldar characters, using Corsairs, Aspect Warriors, etc. More or less I can manage that part for the first draft. 

EldarCover.png

What I need help with is void ships. Are there any examples of such in the Rogue Trader line? Any House Rules floating around the forums? I've done some preliminary searches but my search-fu seems to be pretty week at this point. As a GM, I've seldom gotten into the thick of ship design so I'm not completely behind making some rules myself without some input/inspiration from the community. If anyone has some ideas to toss around on the vessals of the Eldar, or interested in helping in this project in other areas, please let me know. 

I'm going to be keeping track of this project here and at Dark Reign at http://darkreign.org/forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=46

The most Eldar ships I've seen are in Battlefleet Koronus, but there are a couple interesting characters and a ship in Edge of the Abyss.  It's also possible that there are a couple ships in Into the Storm, but I don't have that book to confirm right now.

Sounds interesting, though I'm curious how you're going to deal with Eldar Corsair Captains being so much further down the Aspect lines than the other crews.

Thanks. That is helpful. I do have Battlefleet Koronus, but I must have missed that (I got it a while ago). 

RIght now I'm in the brainstorming phase, but I'm trying to develop a system for the Eldar that somewhat falls under the idea of Elite Advancement per rank, to simulate the 'focus' mentality of the Eldar. 

You may want to look into something similar to how Black Crusade has structured its character advancement. Instead of worshipping the Chaos Gods to get specialties you could "devote" yourself to a Path for a set period of time (representing a Rank), making certain sets of skills cheaper for that period and others more expensive. Every Rank they can pick a new Path or stay on the existing one, with perhaps some Path Bonuses for staying on a certain path, but eventually locking out other Paths the longer they stay on their current one?

Cogniczar likes this

Thanks SirFrog for that link. I was not aware of that, and it will help to draw more inspiration from other sources.

Erathia - That's something I'm keen on doing. I'm going to work on it the project today, so i'll try to get an example up later on.