Sign in to follow this  
Bloodtooth

YV-666 in Trouble Brewing

In the adventure in the back of the main rulebook the pirate has a YV-666 Medium Freighter but I cannot find the ship anywhere. I am sure my players will want to try and salvage it so I need some stats. Do I just substitute the Wayfarer Medium Freighter instead?

The length is 26 m and not 62m, I think this is a typo from wookieepedia.

I believe its bigger than 26m as it is not a Stock light freighter like the YT series, its capable to have a hanger that could fit a scout ship similar to a Z-95 Headhunter which is 11m.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YV-666_light_freighter

The YV-666 was a long, tall, narrow, and blocky freighter with port and starboard maneuvering fins at the rear that provided vertical movement and a three-deck design. Its propulsion system was simple, though it gave the YV-666 a considerable amount of maneuverability despite its size.

Its bridge deck was at the top of the hull with its bottom deck containing engines, power core, and weapons systems. Its main deck was large enough to be modified to house private quarters, a training chamber, an armory, an advance medical bay and even a brig. Considerably larger than the vessels of the YT series, the YV-666 still bore the ability to be easily modified.

The bounty hunter Bossk used the Hound's Tooth, a modified YV-666 light freighter with a small hangar for a two-seater scout ship, and more powerful engine systems that filled the lower half of the vessel.

And from WEG Star Wars stats

http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/ships.html

Hound's Tooth (SWG#7, pages 60-61)

Craft: Modified YV-666 Light Freighter

Type: Transport

Scale: Starfighter

Length: 41 meters

Skill: Space Transports: YV-666

Crew: 1

Crew Skill: Unique

Passengers: 4 (prisoners)

Cargo Capacity:20 metric tons

Consumables: 6 months

Cost: Not available for sale (480,000 estimated)

Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1.5

Hyperdrive Back-Up: x6

Nav Computer: Yes

Maneuverability: 1D+2

Space: 7

Atmosphere: 350; 1,000 km/h

Hull: 6D

Shields: 4D

Sensors:

Passive: 25/0D

Scan: 50/1D

Search: 75/2D

Focus: 4/4D

Weapons:

Quad Laser Cannon

Fire Arc: Turret

Skill: Starship Gunnery

Fire Control: 2D

Space Range: 1-3/12/25

Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km

Damage: 6D

Concussion Missile Launcher (6 missiles)

Fire Arc: Front

Skill: Starship Gunnery

Fire Control: 1D

Space Range: 1/3/7

Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700

Damage: 9D

Notes: The Hound's Tooth carries a small scout ship, the Nashtah Pup, which has statistics identical to that of a Z-95 Headhunter (SWD6, page 250).

I swear there was a deckplan released for the Hound's Tooth back in the day but I'm having trouble finding it online. I want to say it might have been in one of the Star Wars Gamer issues. Either way, that might help figuring out the size and characteristics for the ship.

This stats for the D6 are not official, in D6 there were never official stats for the Hound neither for an unmodified YV-666. As for the 41 m...I have no idea were it comes from. The only thing I know is that in my book of Star Wars - The New essential guide to Vehicles and Vessels, page 78, it says 23 m long (sorry it says 23 and not 26 as I wrote earlier).

On the other hand you may like the adaptation that Jegergryte did for the YV-666, you find it here

Curiously he also puts 41m ....where does it come from?

Edited by Yepesnopes

Just to muddy the waters even more, the official site has different dimensions as well.

Http://starwars.com/explore/encyclopedia/technology/houndstooth/

Length: 47.4m

Height: 15.5m

Wingspan: 36.9m

I'm inclined to use those for dimensions.

It really was a poor choice on FFG's part to include a ship that doesn't have stats, knowing full well that most players will want to take it.

Sigh.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

Well I assume your PCs already have a ship.

Given the condition the ship in the cave is in, salvaging it was never intended for the PCs to do.

But you should of course give them the option. Just before you try and knock up some stats for it, you should inform them that its severely damaged. And then remind them how bloody expensive ship repair is in this game.

They could majorly pimp out their existing ride for the cost fixing up that YV-666 would run them. And it wouldn't be a massive pain for you as the GM.