Sign in to follow this  
segara82

Galaxy Map, could we please be able to download it?

I could not find a topic about that so i started one:

Could we please get a download- and printable version of the Galaxy Map that is in the CRB?

I need the book to look up other things, while my players like to look at the map and ponder their next heist.

I would rather not damage my book by trying to copy/scan the two pages.

Edited by segara82

If you can live with a printed galaxy map, may I suggest...

Skip to 1:15 and start from there. This is a thing you can purchase now, though I had to order mine from the UK because it is not sold in the states. But it's a nice map, anyway.

This is one of my favourite maps. It's a bit different than what we have in EotE (which I question how accurate it is when compared to other maps, honestly), but it's very detailed. If you can print it out as a poster, it is quite the beast to have around; I have a tile-print version and my group makes due with it from time to time.

This is one of my favourite maps. It's a bit different than what we have in EotE (which I question how accurate it is when compared to other maps, honestly), but it's very detailed. If you can print it out as a poster, it is quite the beast to have around; I have a tile-print version and my group makes due with it from time to time.

I also use this one, it's by far the best available for a digital game IMO.  /fistbump

I believe the core book galaxy map is accurate for EotE.  Remember they have a LucasBooks liason who approves all their comings and goings and who in turn provides all the answers to their burning questions...  So, in this context as of now, this map is as accurate as it needs to be for this iteration of the RPG property.

I believe the core book galaxy map is accurate for EotE.  Remember they have a LucasBooks liason who approves all their comings and goings and who in turn provides all the answers to their burning questions...  So, in this context as of now, this map is as accurate as it needs to be for this iteration of the RPG property.

It just seems odd that some planets that are normally considered close together (like Giju, Fondor, and Mrlsst) are on opposite ends of the Deep Core according to the EotE map, but other (albeit older) resources have them much closer.

I ordered that Star Wars Fact File from the UK to the US specifically for that map. It's a terrific map!

Also cool was the photo of R2D2 with every single appendage extended. It's like an R2D2 centerfold!

Yeah, that's a great picture.

I also like the travel times on the map. Handy, if you care about such things.

So maybe we can start a fresh discution about the Galaxymap.

It woud a great thing if we get a download and printable version of the Galaxymap because its a greate map.

I mean there is a spanish version of the map from Edge Entertainment so why not a english or german version?

Ok its definetley not so simple how I think but FFG could ask LucasArts/Disney for a permission.

I ordered that Star Wars Fact File from the UK to the US specifically for that map. It's a terrific map!

Also cool was the photo of R2D2 with every single appendage extended. It's like an R2D2 centerfold!

How did you order it? I want a subscription but their website don't seem to allow it...

How did you order it? I want a subscription but their website don't seem to allow it...

Check the date of each post.....:

I'm thinking the mag is now OOP

Edited by ExpandingUniverse

Check the date of each post.....:

I'm thinking the mag is now OOP

it is not. still available. trouble is it wont ship to the US...seems to be UK only...

Which is the version en Español. Do you have a link for the English version?

Sent a note to the customer service with a link to the spanish version saying hey it exists can we have on in english...

Yes exactly this is what I don't understand why exist a spanish version and no version in english.

I mean who gave Edge Entertainment the permission to publish the map?

And why can't publish FFG the map in english I thought FFG is the rights owner?

Why is it being in Spanish that big of a deal? All the planets are in English. The rest is easy to figure out if you don't already speak Spanish. I'm thrilled for the map.

Well there are a few issues with it being in Spanish. It bothers me that it isn't in English for a start, shame on me I know, but I actually want an English version. If I say to players "You can find this in the corporate sector" which is what I would say, they would look at the digital map and say "I can't find the Corporate Sector" I then would spend a few minutes pulling up the digital version to confirm what it says and then say "Sorry...it's listed as Sector Corporativo." Plus I do actually use the terms "Coreward, Rimward" etc. and it would be nice for my players to be able to see what that means in relation to the map without having to translate it. Same for the trade routes. I generally run Edge and the players are doing a lot of trading which does lead into adventures, but it is nice to be able to say "The Corellia Trade Spine" and stuff like that without the need to translate it.

Personally I think we not only need a digital map, but a unified map. In all three core books, the maps are slightly different, displaying different planets that are more appropriate for the game in question. Some are always in there, for example Tatooine is in all the books as is coruscant, but some planets are absent in the different versions.