Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SableGryphon

2 ORS + 2 A-Wings = 4 Wins

34 posts in this topic

This is actually the squad I developed a while back because I was seeing a lot of hate against the ORS at the time. The only reason I went with 2 ORS and 2 A-Wings is I didn't have a third YT-1300. :)

I'm probably going to play the list again, since several people were impressed and wanted to face it. We'll see. I'm working on a Fel's Wrath + Maarek Steele list at the moment.

That is what I love to see, out of the box ideas for new and unique squads.

I'm so tired of facing the same setup every games like Fettigator or Doom Shuttle...or both, TIE swarms and other flavorless squads.

Thanks for being original and posting your ideas here so that others can get inspired to de the same!

This is actually the squad I developed a while back because I was seeing a lot of hate against the ORS at the time. The only reason I went with 2 ORS and 2 A-Wings is I didn't have a third YT-1300. :)

I'm probably going to play the list again, since several people were impressed and wanted to face it. We'll see. I'm working on a Fel's Wrath + Maarek Steele list at the moment.

The ORS x3 squad is definitely interesting in the same kind of way that a Shuttle x4 build is interesting.  I almost think the build with two A-Wings is more interesting because it brings in an entirely different element that can work with the ORS either as "light" blockers or as a way to capitalize on the ORS blocking.

As for that Imperial list I'd say you could work with Maarek but Fel's Wrath....

I think I have a new list I really want to try out. 

ORS

-Nav

-Fi

-APL

3x Blue

99 Points. Even gets me initiative and its super tanky (or 2 Blue w/AS and a Proto A-Wing for 100 if I don't care about initiative). Thanks for the inspiration.

Edited by Janson

I think I have a new list I really want to try out. 

ORS

-Nav

-Fi

-APL

3x Blue

99 Points. Even gets me initiative and its super tanky (or 2 Blue w/AS and a Proto A-Wing for 100 if I don't care about initiative). Thanks for the inspiration.

You mean IA instead of FI.

I'll point out that 99 points doesn't "get" you initiative although it can help.  It is a "bid" for initiative but there are many squads that will leave points off the table in an attempt to secure initiative.  Run into another 99 point squad and you're rolling dice.  Run into one at 98 points and you lose.

A "danger" you may run into is that running one Blocking ORS is that it leaves plenty of room to go around it.  With two or three looking at that many enemy dials it is easier to know where to go and have a big body to put there.  Just having one makes it a bit of a guessing game when it comes to positioning it in the right place assuming you do have initiative.

Thanks for the catch. I was thinking IA, but my fingers were stupid. 

You're pretty much right on all counts, and looking back on it, my statement sounds a little too presumptive. But the 99 points isn't a horrible bid for initiative, especially because I can't spend another point unless I buy the Falcon title.

I wouldn't normally use one ORS, but the sneaky build makes blocking a bit easier since you get to look at your opponents dial and change your own in certain circumstances and with one I'll just have to get pretty good at target priority, like blocking Wedge.

I really think that this list will be improved by the Z-95. Now we can have two of these ORS and then either 2 Z-95s (with ordnance!) or one Z-95 and one A-Wing (or even X-Wing or B-Wing!) Also will make an initiative bid viable. :)

I wonder if the Z-95 will revolutionize YT-1300 builds.  Use a named YT naked and you're 3 additional ship choices are very limited making Falcon +2 the norm.  With the Z-95 you'll actually be able to bring in support for the freighters.

How about

Ors, intelligence, navigator, apl

2x blue

1x gold ion turret

I do have 2 ors but I dont want use two, well intill z-95s anyway lol

Or one I quite like

ors, agent, navigator, apl

Chewbacca

Blue, adv sensor