Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pbpancho

Wave 5 speculation

153 posts in this topic

All the -Wings come in pairs, and they've announced the E-, so I'd bet the K-Wing.  There's lots of possibilities though:

Rebel/New Republic:

Sorosuub Yacht (either the Lady Luck or Jade Shadow).

Imperial:

Chiss Clawcraft (in my dreams!)

TIE Vanguard

Pirate faction/prequel wave/covert ops ships (Chewbacca Lambda, CorSec X-Wing, etc.)

Ghost Vader and Rakky Wistol like this

I don't believe we'll see a TIE Avenger in any future wave. Unless I've got it all wrong the TIE Avenger is another name for the TIE Advanced and we already have that. Vader flies the TIE Advanced x1 but the other pilots are listed as TIE Advanced on the cards. It is unfortunate that the model is wrong for the TIE Avenger/Advanced.

I don't believe we'll see a TIE Avenger in any future wave. Unless I've got it all wrong the TIE Avenger is another name for the TIE Advanced and we already have that. Vader flies the TIE Advanced x1 but the other pilots are listed as TIE Advanced on the cards. It is unfortunate that the model is wrong for the TIE Avenger/Advanced.

Sort of? It has been referred to as a TIE Advanced, but several other prototypes were as well. However not only is the model for a TIE Avenger wrong, but so is the dial as the Avenger was also the successful attempt to make a fighter with TIE Fighter maneuverability and a hyperdrive. Plus it also had twice as many laser cannons as the X1 so it would at least have 3 attack dice, not the 2 everything in the pack has.

So as unfortunate as it may be, I still don't think any of the ships in there are Avengers. I do really want me an Avenger though. Never a big fan of the X1's.

prey birds

Actually, they're Yevethan D-Type Trifoil Fighters, from the Black Fleet Crisis (where General A'baht most famously served).  Preybirds have no fins, and have relatively square wings.

Sort of? It has been referred to as a TIE Advanced, but several other prototypes were as well. However not only is the model for a TIE Avenger wrong, but so is the dial as the Avenger was also the successful attempt to make a fighter with TIE Fighter maneuverability and a hyperdrive. Plus it also had twice as many laser cannons as the X1 so it would at least have 3 attack dice, not the 2 everything in the pack has.

So as unfortunate as it may be, I still don't think any of the ships in there are Avengers. I do really want me an Avenger though. Never a big fan of the X1's.

Title cards my friend. Title cards. They will be in the Imperial Warmachine card pack. 3-4 titles/ mods for the advanced in all it's glory, 1-2 for interceptors, and 2-3 varied tie models.

Edited by Rakky Wistol

The Death Star! Lol

At the game's current 1/270 scale the Death Star I would have a diameter of about 1,450 feet/450 meters, which is the height of the Empire State Building. Wow, I never realized how big the Death Star *really* is.

Edited by spindown
LeoHowler and Rakky Wistol like this

Yes... The Death Star is big enough at scale that every Xwing player on the planet could be playing a game on its surface at the same time(or close enough). Now we just have to figure out where to build it and work on gravity sustainability.

Edited by Rakky Wistol
aadh and Aridia 97th like this

The Death Star! Lol

At the game's current 1/270 scale the Death Star I would have a diameter of about 1,450 feet/450 meters, which is the height of the Empire State Building. Wow, I never realized how big the Death Star *really* is.

From what I understand, it's about the size of a small moon.

lol. So wrong.

...Assault Gunboats. And the Virago and Outrider.

LOL, I'm liking the "So wrong" comment. LOL

Wave 4 was just announced and we are greedily looking at the next wave. LOL

Danthrax likes this

I wish there were no negative comments about EU ships.

All the movie ships are done, would you prefer that wave 4 was repaints?

I would really want clawcraft.

And those droid fighters from Dark Empire that had the brains of fallen tie aces installed in them.

WAVE 5??

With wave 4 we will get all "The End Of The Food Chain"-Fighters already.

Leaving the TIE Avenger, the Gunboat, the Missile Boat, several Bounty Hunters, several Frighter/Smugglers/Freelancers ...

And WTF is Ethan shooting at??? Is this a hint? A third faction ship?

etahn-abaht.png