Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pbpancho

Wave 5 speculation

153 posts in this topic

I'm with Danthrax, the gunboat would seem like a good guess.  The YT-2400 might be a good guess for the Alliance, giving them a second big ship.  For second more wild guesses, they might pair with the missile boat for the Empire and the K-Wing for the Rebels.  Both good assault birds.

GrandAdmiralCrunch likes this

wave 5???????

ewok gliders!!!!

new missile weapon = rock

They have only have 1 hull, 1 attack dice, can't get any upgrades, the only pilot is PS0 and can only focus. The only Manuvers are Green 1 Forward, White 2 forward and red 1 bank. But it only costs 3 points.

Current day jets?  ;)

Edited by Imperial Rebel
Drakhan Valane likes this

im thinking if they gave us defenders and ewing, that we might see the preybird next, it was in thrawn trilogy, i also hope the droid tie gets some love

yes FFG, you give us some and we still want more!!!!

but we love waht you give us

Don't forget the special ability of all ewok pilots, 

Asphyxiate: When flown in space, pilot dies immediately. Player is allowed to make cute death noise.

But does 1 forwards until it flies off the board or hit a ship, doing no actions or attacking and can not be targeted.. If it does hit a ship it suffers 1 damage

Wave 4 has pretty much everything I wanted

I can't really think of anything else, the only other ships I would even consider are scimitar assault bomber, assault gunboat, and the TIE avenger. Maybe the skipray blastboat. Even then they are more like "I guess I would grab some if they were made" but I'm not exactly clamoring for them

Edited by Effenhoog
godofcheese likes this

Uh... R-41/T-Wing for the Rebels, Assault Gunboat and I dunno... the TIE Vanguard for the Empire?

I hope we don't see the YT-2400 anytime soon. I still want more diversity for Rebel craft from another Rebel flying pancake saucer ship. Yeah I know if they do it it'll be different but c'mon, the Baudo? K-Wings?

aadh likes this

I'll be extremely disappointed if they don't do at least ONE prequel ship in the next wave.  They already have 2 ships now from the prequel era in the firespray and z-95, three if you count the y-wing sort of.  Plus they can't use the argument of ships around during the OT either as the E-Wings are a post ROTJ creation.  The EU ships this wave are all pretty well known for the most part, but another wave of EU ships would be starting to get more obscure even for casual fans.

mazz0 likes this

I hate that you did this.  HATE...ya, ya, ya... path to the dark side and all that...

But I would bet on Yt-2400 since we didn't get another big this time.  I hope we get to see any 2 of these: Tie Droid, Predator, and clawcraft/hunter, starviper, I-7 howlrunner. 

Other option is an all prequel wave.  I would then expect vwing and Arc180 or a jedi starfighter(ETA-2) and good lord who knows for the "empire" at that point... fanblade fighters? Belbullab-22? third faction?  Droid starfighters... yep.