Sign in to follow this  
CrookedWookie

Wave 4, anyone?

Consensus seems to be for Decloaking. So Cloaking may be pretty rules intensive.

Ah, okay, interesting. It seemed new to me, but I honestly had no idea if it wasn't just a reference card we already had that I just didn't know about.

27 points for the PS1 E-Wing, hahahaha, insane

Looks like it comes with the new Flechette Torpedoes that also come in the Rebel Transport.

I wonder what they mean by "The TIE defender is a straight-forward fighter with strong shields, weapons, agility, and a maneuver never before seen on a dial."

my guess would be a nasty 1 koiogran

What about a Koiogran RLTurn.gif RRTurn.gif ?

Munitions fail safe probably allows you to discard it insted of the missile/torp/bomb even maybe or lets you move it to an active ship if the original ship was destroyed.  Some FAILSAFE for those.  Or maybe if you get 0 hits you don't discard... we'll find out soon...ish...maybe.

I was thinkng the same thing.  Something like, "If attack is blocked by shields, don't discard"(something like that)

Hahah, I was just being thorough! Maybe her special ability would be turning on the player, when you would attack with Erisi, slap yoself.

Also, Wingman card appears to read: At the start of the combat phase... 1 focus token to a friendly ship at range [obscured]. So a card that turns you into Dutch/Kyle. Thoughts?

Well then... I had thought it impossible to have anything spoiled for me by now, but there you go. My roomate bought me the entire X-wing series for christmas, having never read it before now, and I have JUST finished Wedge's Gamble, so the Erisi comment spoiled the traitor for me. I don't mind spoilers, and the book is almost two decades old now, but still... spoiler alert lol

I want Corran Horn as that PS8 Headhunter pilot! Wedge and Gavin didn't fly at Coruscant, but the others did, and it was Asyr's intro to the squadron (I now understand... because I just finished the book and she hadn't joined yet lol.) In fact, looking closely (and squinting) at the picture, it looks like that pilot's first name might be Corran

I am SO sorry.  Like you said, it's a couple of decades old, so I didn't even think to put a spoiler alert.

I want:

-Corran Horn in an X-wing

-Erisi Dlarit in both a TIE Interceptor and an X-wing (Since she's a spy, and I defected, I don't feel so bad about her being one of my favorite Rogues anymore.)

-Tycho in an X-wing

-More Y-wing pilots. Dutch and Horton weren't the ONLY Y-wing pilots to exist

-4 Knave Squadron E-wings.

WHILE I am on the subject of Y-wings....

Does anyone know the name of http://i.stack.imgur.com/ZeVSH.png <-- that guy? I mean I know he got shot down but so did Dutch, Tiree, and that other guy.

Also, the game needs more female pilots. With the exception of Ibtisam, Howlrunner and Kath Scarlet, it's a total sausage fest. Just throwing that out there.

Hahah, I was just being thorough! Maybe her special ability would be turning on the player, when you would attack with Erisi, slap yoself.

Also, Wingman card appears to read: At the start of the combat phase... 1 focus token to a friendly ship at range [obscured]. So a card that turns you into Dutch/Kyle. Thoughts?

Well then... I had thought it impossible to have anything spoiled for me by now, but there you go. My roomate bought me the entire X-wing series for christmas, having never read it before now, and I have JUST finished Wedge's Gamble, so the Erisi comment spoiled the traitor for me. I don't mind spoilers, and the book is almost two decades old now, but still... spoiler alert lol

I want Corran Horn as that PS8 Headhunter pilot! Wedge and Gavin didn't fly at Coruscant, but the others did, and it was Asyr's intro to the squadron (I now understand... because I just finished the book and she hadn't joined yet lol.) In fact, looking closely (and squinting) at the picture, it looks like that pilot's first name might be Corran

I am SO sorry.  Like you said, it's a couple of decades old, so I didn't even think to put a spoiler alert.

I want:

-Erisi Dlarit in both a TIE Interceptor and an X-wing (Since she's a spy, and I defected, I don't feel so bad about her being one of my favorite Rogues anymore.)

-Tycho in an X-wing

Does anyone know the name of http://i.stack.imgur.com/ZeVSH.png <-- that guy? I mean I know he got shot down but so did Dutch, Tiree, and that other guy.

Also, the game needs more female pilots. With the exception of Ibtisam, Howlrunner and Kath Scarlet, it's a total sausage fest. Just throwing that out there.

Bartholomew The Not So Great.  He was in a royal family but was so far removed, and disliked, that he was not granted royal statues.  During the Battle of Endor he was part of sh*!¿ mother ?¥€»er squadron.  His handle was "The fu¥€:¤ One"  and his Y-Wing S3 name was "The Royal POS."

;p

I want:

-Tycho in an X-wing

Bartholomew The Not So Great.  He was in a royal family but was so far removed, and disliked, that he was not granted royal statues.  During the Battle of Endor he was part of sh*!¿ mother ?¥€»er squadron.  His handle was "The fu¥€:¤ One"  and his Y-Wing S3 name was "The Royal POS."

;p

Okie dokie. So he's just a redshirt pilot?

How about Jan Ors? She's one fine lady ;)

Though I admit, we could use some more female characters, like Mara Jade in Z-95, Asyr, Inyri. I really, really hoped for Nera Dantels in B-wing, she did good job flying in the first Dagger Squadron, but Ibti is no less an awesome pilot :) 

So, to continue zooming in, here's some more info that I can see.

Phantom:

Tactician - After you perform _____ a ship ______ firing arc _________

Stygium Particle Aug___ation - MOD (not phantom specific) - When you ________ evade action. *This is where the evade token comes into play*

Advanced Cloaking D[evice] - PHANTOM ONLY MOD(?) - Afer you ____ attack, ___ a free ____

The Phantom actually has the evade action on its bar. It's the TL action missing.

Well, from what I can see from the pics provided by FFG, the tokens provided with the defender include a STRESS and an EVADE. If the Defender has no Red maneuvers, how does it get STRESS?  I thought we had it figured out (White K-turns) but now I'm not so sure.  K-turns are the most common way your average ship gets stressed; if the Defender has non-Stress inducing K-turns, then that leaves tight Turns as the only way to generate stress (unless through some some Pilot or EPT text).

Likewise, there is an EVADE token but no EVADE action on the Defender's Action bar.  How, then, does the Defender Evade?  Pilot ability?  EPT? Is there some maneuver that automatically generates an EVADE token?  Or, is the EVADE there in case some outside force (another ship/pilot) could pass it on?

Maybe it has all the same RED maneuvers as other ships but in addition to receiving a STRESS token, the Defender also receives an Evade token.

Thoughts?

Chris

A white K-turn would be nuts.  But there are other ways to get stress besides red maneuvers (you're right though, that is most common).  

Quick list off the top of my head, Rebel Captive, critical hits (Thrust Control Fire), Push the Limit, daredevil, expert handling (if the ship doesnt have barrel roll).  

There are a couple other ways I'm sure.

That I know of, there's no way to pass evade tokens around, but that may very well be one of the defenders cards.

Not sure which would be more nuts, a white K turn or banking/turning K turns.

Well, from what I can see from the pics provided by FFG, the tokens provided with the defender include a STRESS and an EVADE. If the Defender has no Red maneuvers, how does it get STRESS?  I thought we had it figured out (White K-turns) but now I'm not so sure.  K-turns are the most common way your average ship gets stressed; if the Defender has non-Stress inducing K-turns, then that leaves tight Turns as the only way to generate stress (unless through some some Pilot or EPT text).

Likewise, there is an EVADE token but no EVADE action on the Defender's Action bar.  How, then, does the Defender Evade?  Pilot ability?  EPT? Is there some maneuver that automatically generates an EVADE token?  Or, is the EVADE there in case some outside force (another ship/pilot) could pass it on?

Maybe it has all the same RED maneuvers as other ships but in addition to receiving a STRESS token, the Defender also receives an Evade token.

Thoughts?

Chris

Enemy attacks and actions could cause stress to the Defender, like Flechette Torpedoes or the Transport's Jam action.

I want:

-Tycho in an X-wing

;p

Okie dokie. So he's just a redshirt pilot?

Actully it turns out he is a named character.  His name is Lieutenant Ekelarc Yong and he was designated as Grey 3.his droid was R5-P9.

A single white K-turn doesn't mean it lacks any red maneuvers. I imagine, some of the slower maneuvers will be red, while the faster maneuvers will be easier to do.

This is very true - people tend to think K-Turns, but any red maneuver will stick you with a stress token, as will a number of upgrades and pilot abilities/talents.

I've always wondered... So the R2 or R5 or R7 designates the line of astromech units... but short of the company only making 260 of each one, the -D2 -P9, -K8 can't be unique, but rather a specific "option" type thing... You know, add rocket thrusters (yes I know this was supposedly done during The Clone Wars, but he also uses them in Attack of the Clones), arc welder, blue paint... 

Which would mean that there are more than one R2-D2 in the world... Just like there's more than one 2014 Yellow Corvette Z06 with the track handling package.

And stress is starting to become more of a thing (rebel transport, flechette torps, ect)... We're pretty sure one of the new mods/upgrades on the defender gives it an evade when it does something.  I'm still pretty sure it will have a new evasive manuever that will generate an evade token when revealed. 

I've always wondered... So the R2 or R5 or R7 designates the line of astromech units... but short of the company only making 260 of each one, the -D2 -P9, -K8 can't be unique, but rather a specific "option" type thing... You know, add rocket thrusters (yes I know this was supposedly done during The Clone Wars, but he also uses them in Attack of the Clones), arc welder, blue paint... 

Which would mean that there are more than one R2-D2 in the world... Just like there's more than one 2014 Yellow Corvette Z06 with the track handling package.

Could also mean that they have much longer identifiers, where even R2-D2 is a small chunk of his whole designation, but enough to tell him apart from most of the other units he's ever going to run into.

Or, that somewhere there is an R2-D99999999999999999999999999999999999999 running around.  Or at least an R2-D57.

Edited by CrookedWookie

He could have a longer name... Now unless Luke used the force to move R2-D2 in ESB and ROTJ R2 must have used his rockets to get off and on Lukes X-Wing.

So, to continue zooming in, here's some more info that I can see.

Z-95:

Bandit Squadron Pilot - PS2

Fala (?) Squadron Pilot - PS4 - No mention of Fala squadron on Wiki, so I'm thinking this is wrong.  I'm sure on the _ _ l a though.

Lieutenant ____ - PS6 unique

___en - PS8 unique - Note Garvin Darklighter doesn't fit the spacing, nor do I believe that G is the first letter.  

Munitions Failure MOD - (can't really make anything besides the first word, 'When' out)
Decoy - At the start of ______________
Wingman - At the start [of the] combat phase, ____ 1 stress token ______ friendly ship at 

E Wing:
Kililyk (?) Squadron Pilot - PS1
Blackmoon Squadron Pilot - PS3
Etahn A'baht - PS5 Unique (already spoiled)
Colonel (?) ___ - PS8 Unique
R7 - Once per round ___ defending, if you ___ target lock an _______ attack value ________
Felchette Torp - Discard this card and spend your target lock to perform this attack.  After you perform this attack, the defender receives 1 stress token if the hull value is _ or lower.   

Defender:

Delta Squadron Pilot - PS1

Onyx Squadron Pilot - PS3

Outmaneuver EPT - When attacking if _____ your firing arc __________ reduce the agility ______

Predator EPT - When attacking _____ reroll 1 attack ______ defenders _____ value is (symbol) ___________

Phantom:

Stygium Particle Aug___ation - MOD (not phantom specific) - When you ________ evade action. *This is where the evade token comes into play*

Advanced Cloaking D[evice] - PHANTOM ONLY MOD(?) - Afer you ____ attack, ___ a free ____

Hope this helps some.  I for one am glad to see what the flelchette torps finally do.  It seems like the theme of W4 is attack arcs synergy.

Advanced Cloaking Device - PHANTOM ONLY MODIFICATION - "After you perform an attack, you may perform a free cloak action." ... meaning that cloaking takes an action and decloaking probably does too.

Outmaneuver seems like Wedge's ability (while defender is in your arc)

Phantom:

It's Stygium Particle Accelerator.