Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrookedWookie

Wave 4, anyone?

325 posts in this topic

Here's something else...

The Z95, Defender and Phantom all come with the same rule card that I can't read the name of... Looks like it starts with a M...

The E-Wing doesn't.

Modifications, I think.

drylndsurf likes this

The other thing that bugs me is that the roles of the Z-95 and E-wing mean that there's little chance of them doing anything to fix the A-wing as with the Imperial Aces pack.

A-Wing with Ion Pulse Missile anyone?  And they were pretty clear that the Aces and Capital Ships are separate from the standard waves.

Here's something else...

The Z95, Defender and Phantom all come with the same rule card that I can't read the name of... Looks like it starts with a M...

The E-Wing doesn't.

Looks like "Munitions Failsafe"?  Not sure exactly what it'd do, maybe give re-rolls or reusability to missiles.

the Generic R7-astromech looks interesting...

"Once per (Round?)..."

"Defending if you..."

"Target Lock..."

"[words i cannot make out]"

----

I wonder what the "Munitions Fuselage" Modification does...

I would guess reusable ordinance price is hidden i would guess 4-6pts?

It looks like there is a Cloak and Decloak reference card.  The ship gets a cloaking token.  It would make sense that you could not attack or be attacked while cloaked.  Maybe even losing a Target Lock?

The M card looks like Modification.  The other looks like Munitions Fail safe?

The other card says something about stygium xxxxxx acceleration?

Edited by DB Draft

The M card looks like Modification.  The other looks like Munitions Fail safe?

Unless the cloak is considered munitions of some sort, then the Tie Phantom doesn't get any. But why include a Modification card in at this point? Also why wouldn't the E-Wing get one?

Okay, from what I can see, the two rule cards on the Z95 (Missile, presumably higher PS have EPT) are Ion Token and Modification.  Nothing new.  F/TL.  4 pilots, PS2 (12 cost) ,4 (14 cost*),6 (17 cost*),8 (19 cost)... with the latter being unique, but I can't start to make out names.  Upgrade cards - Munitions failsafe (modification), Decoy (ept), Wingman (ept), Ion pulse missiles, assault missiles.  No special tokens or anything.  2/2/2/2 and a white straight 4.

Tie defender (Cannon, Missile, presumably higher PS have EPT)... 3/3/3/3, F/TL/BR.. PS1 (30 cost), 3, 6, 8.  Rule cards for ion and modification.  Upgrade cards: Munitions failsafe (mod), Predator (ept), outmaneuver (ept), ion cannon, ion pulse missiles.  Green 5 straight.  No unique tokens.

E wing (Astro, Torp, Systems, higher PS have EPT).... 3/3/2/3, F/TL/B/E... PS1 (27), 3, 5 (Etahn A'baht, 32 "When an enemy ship inside your firing arc at Range 1-3 is defending, the attacker may change 1 of its hit results to a crit result.), 8 (?? cost).  Boost instruction card.  3 white turn.  No special tokens.  Advanced sensors (systems), outmaneuver (ept), R7-T1 (Action: Choose an enemy ship at R1-2.  If you are inside that ship's firing arc, you may acquire a TL on that ship.  Then you may perform a free boost, cost 3), R7 astro (astro), Flechette Torps (3 dice, range 2-3, TL required, looks like 2 cost).

Phantom (F/BR/E/Cloak,  crew/system/ ept on higher likely)... 4/2/2/2... PS3 (25? pts), 5, 6, 7.  Has a new icon, presumably to deal with the cloak.  Red 4K.  Fire Control System (system), Tactician(? crew), recon spec (crew), advanced _____ cloak (phantom only, mod), styrium pantoole augmentation (? mod 2pts)... Instruction cards for cloak, de_____ and mods.   

This announcement just annoys me. FFG have not got the Aces, Transport or Tantive IV on the shelves yet. Honour outstanding commitments before making new ones! FFS.

They...are? The bigger ships are on their way, this is what's coming after those. Nothing's been replaced, cancelled or "not honored".

aadh, Stelar 7 and Drakhan Valane like this

Failsafe and Fuselage...
Well, there is a Munitions failure crit, but I bet that's too situational.
Now, if it's something like Fuselage, I'm betting it allows the ship to carry an extra missile slot.
Just because the E-wing doesn't come with it doesn't mean it's not for the E-wing, though.

I do still think the first half of the word says "Fail" though. Wish they'd just show us more

To me, it seems Wave 4 should be nicknamed Role reversal.  Rebel swarm, and Imp heavy hitters.  I'm not complaining...should be interesting.

Does anyone else want to see 8 Z-95's fight 8 TIE Fighters?

L0STHER0 likes this

It looks like the TIE Defender has a green 5 ahead on its dial. I wonder if that's the "maneuver we've never seen on a dial before."

Nope, A-Wing has that.

I just pray it's not a "move backwards" option on the dial.  That will officially anger me.

No... what I see is that this should really shift the meta towards elite 3 ships on both sides.  As it stands, the meta on the rebel side is gravitating towards 4 PS4.  On the imp side is still dominated by swarms.  Both sides have been getting powered up elite folks, but the reduced number just can't support the increased firepower.  Now if you want an E wing, you're going to have to abandon the notion of 4 ships, and go with 3 well outfitted ships.  And the Z95 finally answers the question of "what do I do when i have 10 points left in my rebel build?"

UKSpider likes this

This build up could also be gearing up to Epic Play, which I'm guessing will be much higher point squads.  I'm thinking 150+ pts.  There's a lot of fantastic stuff with this.  This is really going to shake things up.

DraconPyrothayan likes this

I think this is Flechette Torpedo's text (after the part about discarding the card and the target lock to use it):

After performing this attack, the defender receives 1 stress token if the hull value is [???] or lower.

I can't make out what number the hull value is supposed to be.

Hinnyboy likes this

Now, if it's something like Fuselage, I'm betting it allows the ship to carry an extra missile slot.

Just because the E-wing doesn't come with it doesn't mean it's not for the E-wing, though.

They're pretty good at including all the cards that come with a set in those pictures. They're including the boost rules for the E-Wing... So it seems unlikely that what ever it is would apply to the E-Wing. Which does get a torp slot.

The Phantom on the other hand, as far as I can tell doesn't have any sort of Ordnance so such a card wouldn't make sense to include with it.

Does anyone else want to see 8 Z-95's fight 8 TIE Fighters?

Yes please.

Drakhan Valane likes this