Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrookedWookie

Wave 4, anyone?

325 posts in this topic

27 points for the PS1 E-Wing, hahahaha, insane

Looks like it comes with the new Flechette Torpedoes that also come in the Rebel Transport.

I wonder what they mean by "The TIE defender is a straight-forward fighter with strong shields, weapons, agility, and a maneuver never before seen on a dial."

I'm curious if that would be a banked K-Turn or even just a 1 K-turn.

drylndsurf likes this

I can't believe they actually went through with the TIE Phantom.

With 4 attack and Cloak... I think the Phantom can really change up the meta a lot.

I just noticed the base 4 attack. Wow

THE PHANTOM HAS 4 ATTACK?  Am i seeing that correctly

Yep, but only 4/2/2/2, so it's fairly easy to take out fast. The question is this, is it 29 or 25 for the PS 3 one, I'm not 100% sure

A one K-turn is my best guess, unless it's some kind of curved K-turn.

27 points for the PS1 E-Wing, hahahaha, insane

Looks like it comes with the new Flechette Torpedoes that also come in the Rebel Transport.

I wonder what they mean by "The TIE defender is a straight-forward fighter with strong shields, weapons, agility, and a maneuver never before seen on a dial."

But we would have seen it in the picture for the Defender.

27 points for the PS1 E-Wing, hahahaha, insane...

Yeah that means 3 at the most in a 100 point list.

Looks like the TD's PS1 ship is 30 points. The Phantom also seems to be pointed so you can only have 3 of them.

Were also getting 4 tittle/modification cards (1 on Headhunter, 1 on Defender, 2 on phantom.) Should be nice! Can anyone say R2-D2 with Sensor Jammer on the E-Wing? The PS 8 pilot will most likely cost 34-35.

Edited by Imperial Rebel

27 points for the PS1 E-Wing, hahahaha, insane...

Yeah that means 3 at the most in a 100 point list.

Looks like the TD's PS1 ship is 30 points. The Phantom also seems to be pointed so you can only have 3 of them.

It's really hard for me to tell if the Phantom is a "25" or a "29"

Yep, but only 4/2/2/2, so it's fairly easy to take out fast.

That depends on what the cloak does... I'm guessing maybe some sort of supped up stealth device. Perhaps one canceled by TL?

I think it's kind of cool the Imps are getting two powerful but expensive high end fighters, the Rebels are getting one super high end fighter and one cheap swarmy ship.  Should do interesting things to the meta, seeing how the other half lives.

Johdo likes this

This announcement just annoys me. FFG have not got the Aces, Transport or Tantive IV on the shelves yet. Honour outstanding commitments before making new ones! FFS.

How have they dishonored a commitment? I'm psyched I was meh about the big ships but I would like some of these Wave 4 toys.... Going to need another plano.

Also the droid with the E-Wing is pretty killer.

Hmmm it seems that the droid lets a ship that doesn't have boost, preform a boost action. The E-Wing has barrel roll and evade, but no boost icon.

That means you could put R7-T1 on Wedge...  :blink:

I'm very excited about this, loved the E-Wing mod back in XvT.  Wave 4 seems like it will really shake things up.  Viable 3 ship Imperial lists, and real rebel swarms.

Yep, but only 4/2/2/2, so it's fairly easy to take out fast.

That depends on what the cloak does... I'm guessing maybe some sort of supped up stealth device. Perhaps one canceled by TL?

Well it looks like an action so I'm guessing  it does the same thing as the upgrade card (roll an extra defense die) but  it cost your action and can still be used the next round if you are hit by taking it a an action again. So you don't have to lose it permanently if you take damage

Well it looks like an action so I'm guessing...

Yeah I'm looking at it again and it looks like there's a icon on the TP base that matches up with the I'm assuming cloak token.

This looks cool and I know it'll be fun, but I was really really really hoping for an assault gunboat..... The defender looks fun and I'm hoping that's a new Marek card in there. Probably that and the E-wing will be most useful for those higher point epic modes. So with all those upgrades hopefully that means they're really working on filling that out and making those bigger battles more than just a higher point value.

The other thing that bugs me is that the roles of the Z-95 and E-wing mean that there's little chance of them doing anything to fix the A-wing as with the Imperial Aces pack.

Here's something else...

The Z95, Defender and Phantom all come with the same rule card that I can't read the name of... Looks like it starts with a M...

The E-Wing doesn't.

along with a couple of transports, Imperial aces, and the Blockade runner, my play money is spent for the year!!!  along with a new shield bag that i will need, but on the plus side i can now have one bag just for imperials and one for the rebels!   

Audio Weasel likes this