Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mogloth

And So It Begins, Errr, Continues

7 posts in this topic

Return to Mirkwood is a hard one for new solo players.. but you can get near 100% win ratio on it.. it is a good example of how clever play and deck building can triumph, good luck.

Well, I finally managed to squeeze in a game of LOTR yesterday. I played Hunt for Gollum. My first non core set adventure. 

I did win on the first try. It took 11 full rounds.

I felt like I was treading water until I finally drew Celebrian's Stone and put it on Aragorn. After that, all the resources he had piled up from being Steward of Gondor poured into Spirit cards.

I ran into a situation that I don't recall happening before. I constantly quested with Thain.Since he puts a damage token on any creature that pops from the encounter deck. When Eastern Crows pops up, does the Surge keyword take effect before they receive the damage token from Thain? I played it as though it does.

And am I reading this correctly? That you only need one clue in order to in the game? I had 2; One for each deck. So, I knew I was covered there. 

The official ruling is that Thalin kills the crows before they can surge. It's pretty handy having him around for those 1 point enemies! Nowadays, unfortunately they make those surging things have at least 2 hit points.

Well, it has taken me a lot longer than I had originally thought. But, I finally managed to beat Conflict at the Carrock yesterday. 

12 turns. I ended up with all 4 trolls engaging my tactics/leadership deck at once. Which was manageable since my spirit/lore deck had the resources to pull off 2 forest snares. And add to that Grimbeorn and Legolas to go with a Dunedain Marked Dwarven Axed, Unexpected Couraged Citadel Plated Gimli. With 4 damage on him. We call that a beatdown.

The last couple of times I had played this quest I kept getting closer and closer. The first few times I didn't even make it to stage 2 before I had 50 threat. Kept getting roflstomped. 

Now, it's on to Rhosgobel and saving Wilyador. 

Well, it has taken me a lot longer than I had originally thought. But, I finally managed to beat Conflict at the Carrock yesterday. 

12 turns. I ended up with all 4 trolls engaging my tactics/leadership deck at once. Which was manageable since my spirit/lore deck had the resources to pull off 2 forest snares. And add to that Grimbeorn and Legolas to go with a Dunedain Marked Dwarven Axed, Unexpected Couraged Citadel Plated Gimli. With 4 damage on him. We call that a beatdown.

The last couple of times I had played this quest I kept getting closer and closer. The first few times I didn't even make it to stage 2 before I had 50 threat. Kept getting roflstomped. 

Now, it's on to Rhosgobel and saving Wilyador.

Nice job, Carrock is very satisfying to beat. Welcome to the game.