Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dain Ironfoot

The Road Darkens (Saga) News!

206 posts in this topic

P.S. if they follow the release of Elladan and Elrohir back to back maybe Galadriel would be the Spirit hero in The Three Trials with an ability to help Noldor lower threat since the current Noldor heroes all have high threat...

The info on the Three Trials AP says, "A new scenario places immediate pressure upon Middle-earth's heroes and their efforts while players can summon reinforcements from the Adventure Pack's new Spirit hero and player cards."

Im really drawn in by this little teaser sentence. What do you guys think the mechanic could be that allows us to 'summon reinforcements'? Galadriel has her ring, but Im not sure exactly what it does. Im assuming it wouldnt be a spirit Vilya clone, but maybe something like it?

I just realised one thing

MEC34-cardfan-01.png

Uruk-hai archer reads: X is the number of players (or something) AT THIS STAGE.

It means, we will probably see quest similar to FoS.

Well, after you foumd this, its seems strange to me that you missed that part of the text on Fallen Into Evil:

"Attach to a hero and move it to the first player's staging area".

Yes. It seems strange to me to. It is interesting card making a hero an enemy, where willpower is its threat and threat cost is its engagement cost. 

But I have not missed that "Regiments of Crows" places 3 damage probably on active location or something!

And deep in the Internet i found this!
1609602_10200876869123105_1890598371_n.j

the abilities look believable. It is probably fake but, you never know. He says that his attack is 0 because he gets his ally value with Glamdring and Wizards Staff attached. He also says there are spells in TRD he can play. I want to believe it! Fellowship probably because he does not know the sphere.

Yes. It seems strange to me to. It is interesting card making a hero an enemy, where willpower is its threat and threat cost is its engagement cost. 

But I have not missed that "Regiments of Crows" places 3 damage probably on active location or something!

And deep in the Internet i found this!1609602_10200876869123105_1890598371_n.j

the abilities look believable. It is probably fake but, you never know. He says that his attack is 0 because he gets his ally value with Glamdring and Wizards Staff attached. He also says there are spells in TRD he can play. I want to believe it! Fellowship probably because he does not know the sphere.

I will quote myself to have that picture on site 10.

I do not think it is too strong. It is his only ability as you won't use his 2nd too often. It is probably fake, but well made

The image is in the web. You write gandalf or istari in google and maybe you find it. I think it is a fanmade card.

Among other things, the set symbol is not the same as Frodo and the other spoiled cards (so this couldn't be for The Road Darkens). Then related to the font as Trololo says, the "G" in Gandalf should be larger than the other letters to be consistent with templating.

Yes, someone posted it a while back on the Tenth Nazgul's facebook page, claiming that somebody gave him the text spoilers and he made the mockup. Unsurprisingly, no one believed him. I also don't believe it, but as a card it is actually really "believable". The stats are balanced and the ability is pretty good. He also said that these new Fellowship heroes were going to be playable in normal scenarios, but are only able to play for neutral cards. He claimed that in the new saga expansion there are a number of neutral spell events that Gandalf can pay for. I know it's most probably fake, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. It would be awesome if it were true. Too bad the actual real cards tend to be a bit dissapointing compared to custom cards, except for the art of course.

Scroll Lock likes this

And deep in the Internet i found this!1609602_10200876869123105_1890598371_n.j

I will quote myself to have that picture on site 10.

I do not think it is too strong. It is his only ability as you won't use his 2nd too often. It is probably fake, but well made

Are you kidding? Reduce your threat by one means that the timed aspect of the game (raise threat by 1 every turn) is completely negated.

In a quest designed for it that could work but in any other situation this is incredibly strong. 

The real thing is bound to be better. And obviously not Fellowship sphere -- at least not in the Road Darkens.

I don't understand your reasoning. First - we have seen a spoiler of felowship sphere card from Road Darkens. Second - it would be pointless to create another saga sphere for each box. One saga-sphere per saga is enough.

there is no chance a a gandalf hero either

care to make a friendly wager? :)

Sure. Saga specific heroes that you can not use in normal games do not count. If one comes out in the saga or the delux or aps to the end of this year I'll buy you a FFG game of your choice and visa versa... deal?

Ok, I am there with you on that one. I will send you my address when he appers, deal?

The real thing is bound to be better. And obviously not Fellowship sphere -- at least not in the Road Darkens.

I don't understand your reasoning. First - we have seen a spoiler of felowship sphere card from Road Darkens. Second - it would be pointless to create another saga sphere for each box. One saga-sphere per saga is enough.

You don't understand, rather than not understand my reasoning. At least it seems we are saying the same thing. I will be clear: The Road Darkens have Frodo as the Fellowship hero, so if Gandalf arrives in the box as well, he shall not be of the Fellowship sphere. I said nothing about another saga-sphere, I just said Gandalf will not be the Fellowship sphere.

Scroll Lock likes this

Well, how do we know that 2nd hero is not fellowship? Was it written anywhere? I missed that.

If we will ever see alternative ring-bearers, there must be more Fship heroes in 1 box, because it is stand-alone product and Frodo and The One Ring must be in every box, although it is absolutely the same as The One Ring from TBR.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand me.

While I agree with the One Ring, I don't think they should put Frodo in every box. If it was depending on my decision, I would only put fellowship Frodo into the Black Riders, and each next saga box would feature new Fellowship hero.

Yes, but imagine that you would buy a saga box and you could not play with Frodo, if you have not TBR. I am sure he will be in every box.

Yes, but imagine that you would buy a saga box and you could not play with Frodo, if you have not TBR. I am sure he will be in every box.

He probably will be - however it would be a lot better with 6 saga expansions for them to have promoted them as being sequential not stand alone (so that frodo was not needed in all 6).

And I'll be totally OK with that. I'm the guy who cheered for Grima before he was announced, lol.