Sign in to follow this  
Quendil

Hit the asteroid!!

I am thinking about a new strategy for shaking of emeines that is in my rear.

GO STRAIGHT TOWARDS AN ASTEROID, AND FLY OVER IT.

Yes, I might take damage but...

1 I am in controll so I can choose this for ships tht can handle the damage.

(one less shield isnt that bad for a b-wing)

2 It will be harder to follow me, and there is a fair chance if they do, that they will overlap my ship and land on the asteroid

3 They will probably gues that I will NOT fly over the asteroid, so I might shake them of.

4 There is an ok chance that this will put an asteroid in their line of fire.

This is clearly a better tactic for rebels against empire

I see it working to maybe slow them down from behind you, but if you Kturn to return fire, then you loss the bonus of firing on them without any extra dice. 

Its not a bad plan in theory, but you don't want to bust it out to early or often. The only plus to that is to try and make them 'think' you are going to do something like that again.

Its not a bad plan in theory, but you don't want to bust it out to early or often. The only plus to that is to try and make them 'think' you are going to do something like that again.

It is never a good plan to repeat your strategies too often...;)

I could see maybe busting it out in a tourny if you need to throw them off your tailpipe a little, unless they are flying a turret on you, then your only plus is that you "might" have the rock bonus

Yes, this is mainly a strategy against imperials

(so no turrets)

but if you Kturn to return fire, then you loss the bonus of firing on them without any extra dice. 

I dont think Koiogran is tha best idea as it would probably make me run over it again.

We came up with an rpg style play, and long story short I only fielded one rookie x wing with r2d2 vs his 3 T/F. We roll 2d6 for the amount of asteroids and get eleven. Half of my moves were green through asteroids. He did roughly 5 points of damage from slamming into the asteroids.

I've done this from time to time.  It's a very good move against someone who's flying one of those Prussian box formations.  It works particularly well against bomber boxes.  It really messes them up if you can both force them to break formation and kill Jonus before they get an alpha strike!

Yep. Done it a number of times. Works very well when you just clear the asteroid so the chance of them not clearing is much higher. I do this with a shuttle a lot; it can usually take the hit and that extra TL/focus isn't likely to save the day.