Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyNeighbourTrololo

A new priview is up!

75 posts in this topic

I'm sure will see Eowin in saga expansion-so that players can fight with her against witchking(unless he is spectral, like undead in stone of erech)

booored likes this

While browsing on Facebook, I've seen some news. 

It looks there are some leaked spoilers about Ring-maker Cycle. The names of the rest Adventure Packs:

1. - The Dunland Trap

2. - The Three Trials

3. - The Antlered Crown

4. - Throuble in Tharbad

5. - The Nin-in-Eilph

6. - Celebrimbor's Secret

Is this the real thing or somebody is just having some wishes?!   :D 

Edited by Dedalus

To those who don't like Leaf Brooch because they don't play with a lot of events: Even if you don't play many events, there are some "essential" events - like A Test of Will - which are great to be played for free. Also Secrecy depends on low threat, and most of the best cards for keeping threat low are events - most notably The Galadhrim's Greeting. If you can play TGG for 2 or less, you are golden. Not to mention, you can recycle these events (as mentioned by someone else earlier).

I am a little disappointed with Noiseless Movement, though. They make the card look really good for secrecy, by giving the card back if you're at secrecy level, but if you are at or below 20 threat, few enemies will engage you, so you'll have less use for this card. So this card is actually more useful outside of secrecy decks it seems.

I disagree. Pippin told me he never got killed because he had a lack of resources, but because of that nasty 5 threat orc who wad taking off his head. Hobbits also have stuff like Good Meal that enables them to play events for a low cost. So while I think the brooch is ok and fine (it is indeed a good card), it's Noiseless Movement that deals with one of the major weaknesses of a secrecy deck. The fact alone that it allows you to send everyone to the quest is absolutely amazing. It's a gamesaver and one of the few cards that gives a you more flexibility when planning your turn.

Of course, the synergy between these two new cards makes both of them even more aweseome! :wub:

While browsing on Facebook, I've seen some news. 

It looks there are some leaked spoilers about Ring-maker Cycle. The names of the rest Adventure Packs:

1. - The Dunland Trap
2. - The Three Trials
3. - The Antlered Crown
4. - Throuble in Tharbad
5. - The Nin-in-Eilph
6. - Celebrimbor's Secret

Well, that would clear up who the "Ring-Maker" is...

What was that chick that killed the witch king? Wasn't her whole deal that she was a warrior madian type thing? She was also a lord's daughter so could fit nicely into leadership.. maybe even tactics.

That was none other than Eowyn - Spirit hero extraordinaire. I, too, would love to see a Tactics or Leadership version of her.

Tactics Eowyn:

http://hallofbeorn.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/custom-cards-the-last-stand-of-the-rohirrim/

Pretty eowyn, yeah! (Merry not so, :P). And the idea (Eowyn get more attack when she defends and Merry can ready, for example, Eowyn) is very good and coherent with the thematic side.

Sure, congratulations.

no one cares about custom cards

Agree here. Custom cards is most of rhe time is unbalanced boring stuff. I don't bother myself with them most of the time.

To those who don't like Leaf Brooch because they don't play with a lot of events: Even if you don't play many events, there are some "essential" events - like A Test of Will - which are great to be played for free. Also Secrecy depends on low threat, and most of the best cards for keeping threat low are events - most notably The Galadhrim's Greeting. If you can play TGG for 2 or less, you are golden. Not to mention, you can recycle these events (as mentioned by someone else earlier).

I am a little disappointed with Noiseless Movement, though. They make the card look really good for secrecy, by giving the card back if you're at secrecy level, but if you are at or below 20 threat, few enemies will engage you, so you'll have less use for this card. So this card is actually more useful outside of secrecy decks it seems.

I disagree. Pippin told me he never got killed because he had a lack of resources, but because of that nasty 5 threat orc who wad taking off his head. Hobbits also have stuff like Good Meal that enables them to play events for a low cost. So while I think the brooch is ok and fine (it is indeed a good card), it's Noiseless Movement that deals with one of the major weaknesses of a secrecy deck. The fact alone that it allows you to send everyone to the quest is absolutely amazing. It's a gamesaver and one of the few cards that gives a you more flexibility when planning your turn.

Of course, the synergy between these two new cards makes both of them even more aweseome! :wub:

I totally understand that secrecy decks need to avoid enemies and Noiseless Movement is a great card, but less than 20% of enemies have an engagement of 20 or less and most of those are relatively weak, so most of them you can just deal with instead of using this card. Obviously, there are still plenty of situations where you'd want to get an enemy back into the staging area or prevent them from coming down. There are actually a pretty large number of cards that fulfill this purpose:

- Out of Sight: enemies engaged with you can't attack. You can still kill them off yourself

- Risk Some Light: keep these enemies from ever showing up

- O Elbereth! Gilthonial!: chump block with an ally and then just send it away. The requirement to block probably makes this card kinda suck for this

- Out of the Wild: Same theory as Risk Some Light, except more permanent removal

- Hobbit-Sense: You can't get attacked, like Out of Sight.

- Take No Notice: Don't let them engage

- Advance Warning: Pretty limited because it's practically impossible to build a secrecy deck with all Lore, but Pippin + Mirlonde + one of a few other heroes will at least get you started below the threshold.

- Spirit Pippin: Everyone hates him, but his ability works just fine for this with enough threat reduction.

- A Light in the Dark: been around for quite a while and is much more affordable with Leaf Brooch.

Edited by joezim007

I'd put my money that she'll be the spirit hero whos ability augments secrecy.  I feel like FFG likes using their custom made characters for hero cards that have these niche abilities like Mirlonde and Caldara (although Theoden certainly doesnt count, but the ability made sense thematically)

Wow. Just wow. I came back today from my little vacation (where I had no internet) and just saw this. I was already happy with the Dunland theme in the Dunland Trap but this is even better. Barrow locations? Antlered crowns? Hallowed circles? Forest spirits? The thematic direction they took with Dunland is exactly the one I wanted to see (or even better). This may very well be my favorite AP ever. Hope the quest is amazing. The art is, at least. Also I think the woman in the box art will be our Dunadan Spirit hero, hopefully a secrecy hero.

With as tough as she looks, I don't see her hiding behind a tree too much, so I kinda doubt be a Secrecy hero. Then again, who better to keep secrecy than a dunedain ranger?

Hmmmm we see picture of ffg Gwaihir aleady long time ago but he still didn come as a card......

It seems as though with this cycle they are trying to make each AP revolve around a certain mechanic/trait (at least with the 2 we've seen thus far).  Maybe one of the later ones they will refresh eagles and we will finally see the Windlord in all his greatness.  Even just 1 other new eagle ally and a nice unifying effect on Gwaihir such as "all eagle allies cost 1 less to a minimum of 1" would go a long way in making it a relevant archetype again 

Hmmmm we see picture of ffg Gwaihir aleady long time ago but he still didn come as a card......

It seems as though with this cycle they are trying to make each AP revolve around a certain mechanic/trait (at least with the 2 we've seen thus far).  Maybe one of the later ones they will refresh eagles and we will finally see the Windlord in all his greatness.  Even just 1 other new eagle ally and a nice unifying effect on Gwaihir such as "all eagle allies cost 1 less to a minimum of 1" would go a long way in making it a relevant archetype again 

I would say most APs have done this so far. This cycles APs seem to focus on a number (say 3-ish) of mechanics/traits.

I consider myself a theme player first and foremost. I've played some powerful decks on here that didn't really appeal to me because the theme wasn't there. (And that goes to my super heroes attachment deck that I built myself.) If the Dunedain, the elves and the eagles get a shot in the arm in this cycle I'm all for it.

At this point I don't think we'll see Gwaihir until the final saga box. He's the one that lead the Eagle's attack outside the gates of Mordor and then rescued the hobbits on Mt. Doom. It makes total sense for him to appear at that point in the saga. Unfortunately putting him anywhere else wouldn't make sense.