Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyNeighbourTrololo

A new priview is up!

75 posts in this topic

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4631

A few new player cards spoiled. Not much, though. But a nice secrecy touch.

noiseless-movement.png leaf-brooch.png

And several encounter ones aswell:

ravens-guardian.png spirit-of-the-wild.png

And right here we can see a sneak peek at new spirit ally, which costs a hefty 3 but is not unique:

MEC27-cardfan-01.png

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo
shipwreck likes this

The Leave brooch is interesting. Like that its a neutral attachment. Certain decks could get quite a boost. (and I see that mono sphere's haven't been left behind either... i'm guessing this is intentional).

I wonder if there will be any similar secrecy giving attachments that will work for allies or attachments well? 

Edited by chuckles

My gosh, Arwen has aged a bit from the art work on her ally card, but it looks like we will be getting her as the new spirit hero. ha ha.

But seriously, my guess is she is Dunedain, possibly the hero card. If it is it's probably another FFG created hero.

Yes, I'm thinking the Adventure Pack artwork is a Dunedain ranger, perhaps an ally or objective ally for the quest.  

I wish that Raven's Guard was a Tactics Ally.  That guy looks freakin' awesome!  I really couldn't be happier with the direction this cycle has taken early on: Elves, Dunedain, and Secrecy... Three very underdeveloped themes in the game so far.  This particular pack also looks like it will add some amazing player cards for Hobbit themed decks.  I can't wait!

She looks too noble to be an enemy. If she is the new hero, she will almost definitely be made up. I don't think Magali would change her drawing if it was Arwen.

Classic.

But in other games the Dunlendings have been portrayed as very animistic and superstitious, so I bet the antler crown is to do with that. Hopefully it summons some kind of Valar orbital strike to be used in later encounters. :lol:

Edited by shipwreck

The broach on the box art... Boy I hope that's not Arwen.

Edit: Here's the thing that I can't get out of my head. I think it unlikely that we get two female spirit heros in the cycle. So if that's not Arwen then maybe we're not getting her. :(

Edited by Bullroarer Took

The broach on the box art... Boy I hope that's not Arwen.

Edit: Here's the thing that I can't get out of my head. I think it unlikely that we get two female spirit heros in the cycle. So if that's not Arwen then maybe we're not getting her. :(

i bet it's quest card art (following previous patterns) but, it certainly could be a player card.

if memory serves, the AP box art has only been a player card's art three times (Haldir, Elladan, Gondorian Discipline). not that that really means anything! :D

Edited by Dain Ironfoot

i bet it's quest card art (following previous patterns) but, it certainly could be a player card.

Yeah, my bet it is a Objective-Ally... meaning it could become a player card latter (or a enemy like Lord Acelron)... Also I think it is defiantly a Duradain, reminds me of Beravor even.

I really hope FFG have started to realize it is fine to make up some characters of there own. We could do with a few more girls in this game.

I hope It is not Arwen on the pack. But I do not like that star she has.

The quest: sounds like some fairytale. Find 3 guardians and take their keys to get an artifact. But I like that each guardian uses Time X.

The release made a big deal about the Leaf Brooch and how useful it would be. Now, I'm a newbie and I'm still making my way through Shadows of Mirkwood, but is secrecy THAT useful? How likely/easy is it that you can keep your threat below 20?

I love Spirit so can't wait to see the info on the new ally! (Even though it will be ages until I get there!)

This all gets a big thumbs up from me! This quest looks like fun, and I wonder how this boss battle will differ from the Morgul Vale (also has a three boss battle). The secrecy support is huge and I predict that Leaf Brooch alone will make secrecy a much more viable mechanic. The next thing that's needed is a hero or attachment that raises your secrecy level to 25 to make a lot of the older quests more secrecy friendly.

I like the art on the box and would love to get that character as a hero. It's nice to see a female character who looks strong and tough and could hold her own in a fight against a pack of wargs. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Arwen, Naith Guide and Galadhrim Minstrel, but I also think there's a place for female characters who look just as tough as Boromir.

Edited by Style75
danpoage likes this

Nice preview.

The quest looks like a lot of fun, as they say it's replayability is high, and with those undead guardians and all as a theme.

Though they state a spirit hero's coming, there's just no way to guess/know who the woman on the front of the pack is. 

Might be the hero, might be an ally of any sphere. I agree that see looks to fair to be a encouter card though.

My single guess on this picture is that it is not an elf. She looks very human, so I don't think it's Arwen.

Maybe a Dunedain spirit hero; made up female character.

Also they rave about the brooch in the article, but I'm not convinced.

Events are played and then gone, so people usually only add those really powerful/needed ones to their deck.

Allies and attachments stay in play. Way better, so why make a deck full of events?

Noiceless Movement let's you recycle it with secrecy though....then it might be the first of these type of events.

Otherwise I don't see the point.

I really don't think that box art is our new heroine.

But so and so I think that this pack will be secrecy pack (as Druadan Forest was monosphere pack) and we will get some secrecy hero. I have written it in other topic but I will write it here, too. I hope so much we will get spirit Haldir who reduces your threat for playing secrecy cards... So much!

But I am surprised that we haven't seen a single Rohan card spoiled in AP previews.

Sorry for my bad English.