Sign in to follow this  
DanteRotterdam

I love Ewoks

They've actually never bothered me.  I was 13 when I saw the film and actually cried when they died.  I was actually astonished to discover the hate for them among hardcore SW fans.

Same with JarJar. To pick on him, out of the many obscenities in the prequels, seems to be missing the point to me.

Even still, Space Weasels > Ewoks.

I never had any issues with Ewoks.  It never occurred to me as a child that they were "bad."  Just another part of the movie.  I was lucky enough to see both Ep 5/6 in the cinemas when they were first released, and it all just kind of fit.

Whatever.  Oh, and not being an EU buff, SoF is literally my first experience with Space Weasels.  I must say, Space Weasels FTW.

ah-ki-yah-ta: ewok for "get the f%$# down" cos a flame war is brewing.

and i agree, Ewoks are the best, i love the ewok standalones

oh and bring on the Gorax, i want NPC rules for him to.....

actually make that PC rules for him....

I've never been part of the "hate-the-Ewoks" crowd. Yes, there is definitely a commercial angle, but considering that they were getting ready to munch down on other sapient beings, I can't say they're all that cute and fluffy.

Ewoks have always reminded me uncomfortably much of H Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy, but since Piper was dead he couldn't sue.

Other than that they don't really bother me. They are fond of roasting other species alive, so definitely not all cute and cuddly.

As for Jar-Jar, the soap opera dialog and acting in Episode Two was worse.

I would've liked them more with some skulls and bones in the fire pit when they were starting the 'BBQ'.  Maybe one chewing on a leg bone when they brought in the group to the village.

People can love Ewoks, but answer me this.  How much cooler would you rate RotJ if instead of Endor it had been Kashyyyk, and a Wookie uprising that took the ground station, and a wave of Wookie slaves on the Death Star that stormed the reactor and blew it when the fighter assault failed?

Edited by 2P51

There have been woks in every version of Star Wars roleplaying that I have played or run and I really want to see them as part of the FFG universe.

I like a Star Wars that has both Wookiees and ewoks. Especially that homely one in the AT-ST with Chewie.

Our bounty hunter shot the imperial agent on Cholganna I gave her 15 obligation (criminal) because of it and I think the empire will let go of her offing this (free) agent if they are willing to undertake a mission to scout a location for a shield base on a certain forest moon....

Same with JarJar. To pick on him, out of the many obscenities in the prequels, seems to be missing the point to me.

Two big issues with Jar Jar:

(1) The camp. Yes, the original trilogy had funny moments. But this was just over the top absurd. And most of it wasn't funny, it was just distracting and a waste of time. And of course the CGI quality does not hold up a decade later.

(2) The really obvious racism inherent in the character. Only made worse by the fact that he was one of 3 characters inserted that appear to be blatantly racist caricatures. 

Racist?..... that's sterotyping dude.....

Jar Jar actully fit in pretty well in the Clone Wars cartoon as for the prequels though... not so well......

back on topic

Ewoks are scary as hell, I wouldnt want to be walking around in the woods and come across a buncha hungry Ewoks...

Ewoks Rule.

In a campaign I ran a long time ago some orphans crashed on Endor. They ended up saving an Ewok village, and a few of the PC Ewoks decieded to go with the Orphans when they left . It merged two campaigns I was runnig seperatly together; an Ewok focused campaign and a space orphans campaign.

That was during the Clone Wars.

Edited by D Money

I just never remember hearing about them being "exported." You'd think if that was the case, Leia might have heard of them before.

Given the multitude of races in the galaxy, and the proliferation of slavers under the Empire, unless someone were a Xenology Phd x 50, it would be understandable for a given person to not recognize every species in my mind.

Gungans in general I quite like.

Ewoks off world? Likely either escapees from Imperial research labs or else stowaways.

I had an Ewok PC once in the old WEG days. Far from the most annoying character ever. Give the teddy bears a chance.