Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkayati

Battle of Lake-Town Thematic Decks

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking at holding a series of Organized Play Events at my FLGS, and I'd like to run the Battle of Lake-Town for players who are interested in giving it a try.  While players could build their own decks in the attempt to beat this scenario, I'd like to provide two decks for players to use if they care to.

For the event, I'd like these decks to be thematically appropriate, but still have some chance of winning the scenario.  Anyone out there with advice on deckbuilding for this type of event?

I currently have Core 3x, Mirkwood Cycle, and the Saga expansions, but I'm not opposed to picking up new packs if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Well, if your looking for theme I would have to say you need to get Brand in it.. isn't Brand the guy that killed Smaug? Also the black arrow and Dwarves. I could make a deck list for you if you like but it is a very hard quest.

Bard the Bowman killed Smaug, so yes, I'm assuming he'll be there along with the Black Arrow and some heroes from the Hobbit Saga expansions.  I'm hoping for help in building a thematic deck that has a chance in this tough scenario.  It's not one I've tried before, so I was hoping for some guidance.

It's a really hard quest, I don't usually go for theme but I like your idea. I'd think you'd want a lot of ranged characters, it's both thematic and if you have multiple players it's nice to always be able to attack Smaug regardless of where he is. Another idea is to go for a battle of the five armies theme and do a dwarf deck, a elf deck, a "men" deck including bard, and some sort of deck that include a lot of eagles. I've never beat battle of lake town by the way, town ALWAYS burns before I can win. Good luck

jkayati likes this

Well, if your looking for theme I would have to say you need to get Brand in it.. isn't Brand the guy that killed Smaug? Also the black arrow and Dwarves. I could make a deck list for you if you like but it is a very hard quest.

Brand is Bard's grandson, so you're not far off!