Sign in to follow this  
Vaapad

NYC Store Championship: 3/29

Ok, here we go! NYC is ready to host our first Store Championship!

NYCstorechampionship.jpg

What: Joust tournament. Assuming 20-30 players, we will do 5 rounds of Swiss then cut to a top 8.
When: Saturday, March 29th at 10:00 a.m.
Where: The Compleat Strategist, 11 East 33rd Street, Manhattan
Cost: $10
Prizes: The standard FFG fare, plus some additional NYC goodies, as always. We'll also have a raffle, as those have been popular of late.

We'll have registration from 10:00 - 10:30 and will be starting at 10:30 SHARP. Please pre-register with THE STORE DIRECTLY by emailing complstrat@aol.com or calling 212-685-3880.

For players who are in town on the Friday night preceding the joust (March 28), we will have casual play (including melee or draft) if there is interest.

If you have any questions, pm me or shoot me an email - vaapad.vii (at) gmail.com. But again, please register with the store directly.

Edited by Vaapad

You're the second person to give me crap about writing "3/29" - what's wrong with you people?

Btw Dennis, did you see the tags for my posts on cgdb and agotcards?

I don't understand the post. I get what Saturday means but what about that fraction? Saturday 0.103448275862069?

Well you didn't complete the algorithm. You forget to multiply by PI and then take the natural log. It was a coded message and you, sir, have failed to decrypt our secrets. Our plan is foolproof!

I don't understand the post. I get what Saturday means but what about that fraction? Saturday 0.103448275862069?

Well you didn't complete the algorithm. You forget to multiply by PI and then take the natural log. It was a coded message and you, sir, have failed to decrypt our secrets. Our plan is foolproof!

But then haven't you just revealed the truth then?

But then haven't you just revealed the truth then?

Have I? Shouldn't you be able to tell me?!?!?!

On an endorsement note, I might play my crappy Stalwart deck for shiggles. Come see my Stealth, Deadly Renown, Str 5 Stalwart Eddard!!! It happens! Learn what the card Heart of the Kingdom is!!! Tremble in fear of Northern Keep when combined with a card no one has ever heard of!!!!

I feel like there's only a small chance I get to come to this, but I'll still RSVP as a maybe. NYC Tournaments are known for their ability to get me to ignore all my responsibilities to be crushed by other gingers.

Can we maybe just have a gingers-only invitational?  Ryan Jones, me, Dave and Amy Stromes....

Alright, so maybe just a gingers-only melee game? With the ladies vs lords variance! 

Here's a bit more incentive to come out to our SC!  We really liked how CT rewarded the top ranking players after the swiss rounds in each house with the resin house card of the house they are playing, so we decided to do the same smile.png

Here they are waiting for the 29th.

NYCprizesupport_zps317c138a.png

As an added benefit to showing up on Saturday, registration for our June 7th regional will open on Saturday for SC attendees. Everyone else will be able to register beginning sometime next week.