Sign in to follow this  
player266669

GenCon 2014 - Who's going?

My wife and i had the great pleasure at last year's GenCon to meet both Jay Little and Sam Stewart, as well as DonovanMorningfire from these here forums. We have purchased badges for 2014 and hope to spend more time with the awesome Star Wars RPG design team, as well as fellow fans.

Will anyone else be going to GenCon this year?

GenCon? That holy mecca of gaming? A beacon of nerd glory and vindication for those of us who have spent our lives in darkness, rolling dice and arguing the finer points of Stormtrooper ablation?

Not me, I'm afraid. I can't afford the airplane ticket (or the time off of work) and Indianapolis is a far drive from Boston.

Still, I'll be following the information pouring out of there with fervor.

I usually only get one day that is the awesome sauce of GenCon.  If tradition holds, the little man and I will get to spend the day Saturday nerdin it up!

(The wifey works the whole thing, so I don't get to much play time.  Somebody has to hang with our son!)

That's awesome Kaosoe. In the past couple of years Jay has tended to run games in the Exhibit hall. last year, Sam ran Edge of the Empire in the RPG room, and did a fantastic job. I think you'd have fun at either table, but at least Sam's was a lot quieter :)

The most fun gaming I've ever had was at last year's Gencon during an EotE game. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the lady who ran the game but she was one of the people who works on the game itself. She was awesome. I fully plan on going again this year and trying to get into another one of her games.

Currently I plan on going for the full four days, but with the fiasco that was GenCon's housing system this year (did a bit of looking around, and a lot of folks got screwed by the Passkey system that was used, including one poor soul that got "timed out" just as they were about to confirm their reservation a record five times), the cost of a hotel room in the downtown area is pretty **** high (nearly $400/night), so I may need to revise/revisit that.  If nothing else, I may have to settle for flying out Sunday afternoon/night rather than hang around afterwards.

The most fun gaming I've ever had was at last year's Gencon during an EotE game. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the lady who ran the game but she was one of the people who works on the game itself. She was awesome. I fully plan on going again this year and trying to get into another one of her games.

That was probably Kat Ostrander.

Really really want a Force and Destiny beta book...

yeah, I personally can't make it, so I am counting on all of you who are going  to gencon to provide all the juicy details asap!

I've got a VIG Companion badge, which means early access to the dealer hall on Thursday.  And my first stop is going to be the FFG booth.  Of course, when I'll have the time to sit down and read said F&D Beta is another matter.  If I don't have anything planned, I can probably plop down in the VIG lounge after making the rounds and give the book a read-thru.

I hope we can meet up again, Dono. Jess and i had a great time hanging out with you last year and playing EotE together.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the housing system. I was fortunate enough to get into a room, but the guy in the cubicle next to mine timed out over and over and had to settle for an outlying hotel and a spot on the J. W. Marriot wait list.

I hope we can meet up again, Dono. Jess and i had a great time hanging out with you last year and playing EotE together.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the housing system. I was fortunate enough to get into a room, but the guy in the cubicle next to mine timed out over and over and had to settle for an outlying hotel and a spot on the J. W. Marriot wait list.

I would be down for that.