Sign in to follow this  
Fortinbras

Rogue Trader Questions - Immolate the Soul and STR Bonus in Melee

I'm incredibly rusty so if someone could please help me out with these, I'd appreciate it.

1) Immolate the Soul and Corruption Points.  -  Is there any hard and fast rule for giving mooks corruption points?  Every resource I've looked at so far shows that corruption is usually reserved for important NPC's and explorers.  So should I allow my Navigator to drop that power and replace it with another if it's going to be worthless?  Or should I start assigning corruption point categories to things, for instance I gave Rak'gol 20 corruption points since they're associated with Yu'Vath.   

2) STR Bonus being applied to melee weapon damage - Anyone remember which page in RT this is mentioned?  

3)  On Fear tests, I'm sketchy but I vaguely recall reading somewhere you don't have to redo fear tests every time you see the same instance of the same freakish horror.  I.E. If you run into a Rak'gol and crap your pants in terror at it the first time, the second Rak'gol you meet should not have the same effect.  Is that right?  Or do I need to do fear tests for every single instance of the same member of the same species?

Edited by Fortinbras

1) Immolate the Soul and Corruption Points.  -  Is there any hard and fast rule for giving mooks corruption points?  Every resource I've looked at so far shows that corruption is usually reserved for important NPC's and explorers.  So should I allow my Navigator to drop that power and replace it with another if it's going to be worthless?  Or should I start assigning corruption point categories to things, for instance I gave Rak'gol 20 corruption points since they're associated with Yu'Vath.   

I remember reading that nameless, generic NPCs go totally insane or mutate into shapeless, harmless Chaos Spawn at 10-20 Insanity and Corruption Points respectively, but I can't find the source on that. You could assign Corruption to whatever seem fit, but remember that inflicting more Corruption should still put NPCs out of order, so adjust accordingly.

But, independent of how cool that ability is, it's considerably less useful for most Rogue Trader characters than for a character in any of the other four RPGs, although you can't really play a Navigator in any of them.

2) STR Bonus being applied to melee weapon damage - Anyone remember which page in RT this is mentioned?  

Page 245, Step Four: Attacker Determines Damage.

I'm incredibly rusty so if someone could please help me out with these, I'd appreciate it.

3)  On Fear tests, I'm sketchy but I vaguely recall reading somewhere you don't have to redo fear tests every time you see the same instance of the same freakish horror.  I.E. If you run into a Rak'gol and crap your pants in terror at it the first time, the second Rak'gol you meet should not have the same effect.  Is that right?  Or do I need to do fear tests for every single instance of the same member of the same species?

1. p. 299 RT mainbook, sidebar: "For most, the touch of Chaos brings summary destruction, madness, mutation, and death."

As I don't want to get dug in paper work I just pop unfortunate mooks if I think they deserve it.

2. p. 245 RT mainbook, Step four: attacker determines damage.

3. I always play this part based on my gut-feeling about situation. I.e. PC can get used to meeting with Rak'Gols yet when they suddenly jump on one hidding behind the corner... You know what I mean.