Sign in to follow this  
Logan Ambrose

Ice Based Force Powers

Me me me! XD

I also have special interest in this power, so ideas and suggestions will be welcome :D

The power would be something like it reduces target Strain per round active by 1 point.

With some enhances (Damned words with so many h and n XD) you can arrive at more than Engaged (maybe up to Medium).

Improvements could be that you add Setbacks or even Cripple your target or improve the Strain lost. Also a substract of Soak/Armor or something similar.

Maybe a Discipline vs Resilence or no need to do that?

Edited by Josep Maria

There was a power in Star Wars: Saga Edition called "Cryokinesis" that drew heat away from the target. I tried a quick scan of Wookieepedia of this power to see if there was an article you could use as a reference. Sadly I didn't find anything. But the Saga Edition version reads as follows:

Edit: Found the article. Sorry, my spelling is deplorable. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cryokinesis

Cryokinesis
You can use the Force to draw heat away from an object, causing its temperature to drop rapidly.

Time: Standard action.

Target: One unattended object within 12 squares of you and in your line of sight. Make a Use the Force check: The result of the check determines the effect, if any.
DC 20: The object becomes cold to the touch and more fragile. Reduce the object's DR by 5 until the end of your next turn. Additionally, if the object is a mechanical or electronic device, it automatically moves -1 step down the condition track.
DC 25: As DC 20, except the object's DR is reduced by 10.
DC 30: As DC 20, except the object's DR is reduced by 15.
DC 35: As DC 20, except the object's DR is reduced by 20. Special: You can spend a Force Point to increase the penalty to the object's DR by 5. An object moved to the bottom of the condition track by this power ceases to function until it is repaired, but is otherwise unharmed. You can maintain cryokinesis from round to round, extending the normal duration of the DR penalty (though the object does not move farther down the condition track). Maintaining the cryokinesis power is a swift action and you do not make a new Use the Force check each round. If you take damage while maintaining cryokinesis, you must succeed on a Use the Force check (DC = 15 + damage taken) to continue maintaining the power.

Maybe you can use that as a spring board for drawing up a power.

I'm sure Donovan Morningfire will jump in with some suggestions. His homebrewed "injure" and "heal" force powers are pretty balanced as far as I can tell.

Edited by kaosoe

Anyone has noticed that a lot of Force Powers from the Wookie are disappearing?

If someone can copy/paste an aproximate list of "high grade canon" powers I will thank it a lot. I know that they are cleansing are revising canon but based on the actual there is a list?

About your apportation yep, thats the power I was trying to "emulate" with a few more Edge options.

I'm sure that a Donovan's adaptation would be great too :D

Well you could always rule when they use their Force Powers it has the side effect of drawing off heat from the surrounding area, nothing says when they use the Move power what they're actually doing is manipulating the thermal energies to bring about their desired effect.

Lord imagine Elsa walking around Tatooine converting the excess heat into ice and snow, the Jawas will be wondering what the h**k is going on!  ;)

Wasn't it Corran Horn who has the inherited ability to absorb energy which he used to simulate Telekinesis because that was a talent his family lineage didn't possess otherwise?

I wonder how someone would handle a version of absorb energy to simulate Elsa's abilities?

And why do I keep thinking of Dazzler from Marvel when I do that?! :)

I'm sure that a Donovan's adaptation would be great too :D

Logan's made it pretty clear what he thinks of my input and design ideas in other threads, and it's not positive.

Moral of the story, a difference of opinion is a bad thing to a closed mind.

Haven't had a chance to sit down and and try to sketch anything out yet. I've got "death by briefings" today so I might get a chance.

Peace and Love!

Even if idea concepts are pretty distant they can be really good ideas, and even maybe, can make use discover new points of view or even change our own.

Long time ago I was esceptic with dices, defenses, results... mechanics itself. I has a discussion with JonahHex at the forum. We had really distant points of views, but after a few weeks and realizing a few more tests, I posted giving him the "absolute reason" (from my new point of view of course XD)

Different positions, more ideas, more culture always make us grow. As someone said I use to like posts because I think they are good ideas even is doesn't fit in my point of view.

To everyone, expose your Dream Forge ideas, make us and yourself grow! Show must go on...

Jacen and Jaina Solo did something when they were younger (can't recall the book) that involved slowing down the molecules of a body of liquid so that they could walk safely across its frozen surface. But that seemed to me to be some form of telekinesis on a microscopic level; rather than "drawing heat," they were rendering individual water molecules inert. 

Jacen and Jaina Solo did something when they were younger (can't recall the book) that involved slowing down the molecules of a body of liquid so that they could walk safely across its frozen surface. But that seemed to me to be some form of telekinesis on a microscopic level; rather than "drawing heat," they were rendering individual water molecules inert. 

They also did something similar with TK to speed up molecules enough to produce a light spell. Ah, Young Jedi Knights…such a miss-mash of stuff. Good times…

-EF

They also did something similar with TK to speed up molecules enough to produce a light spell. Ah, Young Jedi Knights…such a miss-mash of stuff. Good times…

-EF

Yeah, that was right after they got kidnapped for like the 4th time in half as many years, right? :)