Sign in to follow this  
DrNate

Just curious: Which career book would YOU like next?

The title pretty much says it all. Now that the Hired Gun book is nigh (well, it's not super nigh, but it has been on the boat for 47 days). Anyway, now that it is nigh, I'm curious to know which EotE career you'd most like to see covered by the next book. If you'd like, you can even make two votes. Which career would you like to see next, and which one do you predict they'll do next?

Just FYI, the remaining choices are: Colonist, Technician, Bounter Hunter, and Smuggler. 

I'm shocked that Bounty Hunter wasn't one of the first two released, so I'm guessing that it will be next. However, I'd prefer it to be Colonist. 

You can also, if you'd like, tell us which Career for AoR you expect/wish to see first. 

IIRC, those are: Ace, Commander, Diplomat, Engineer, Soldier, and Spy.

I predict Engineer, but I'd really like it to be a book for Commanders. 

What do you think?
Edited by DrNate

Like you, I'd like to see colonist next.  Only to give people more incentive to play them.  They are my hardest sell.  After that I'd like bounty hunter, tech, then smuggler. No particular reason for their order, it's just the order I'd like.  That said, I'd bet most of these are already done and just waiting for the "right time" to be announced and released, so I'm guessing my opinion will hold little sway in what is indeed next.

I want it to be Colonist, and I actually predict either Colonist or Technician next. I have in my head, for some reason, they'll alternate between the more combat oriented classes and the non-combat oriented classes meaning Explorer->Hired Gun->Colonist or Technician->Smuggler or Bounty Hunter->Remaining non-combat->Remaining Combat.

But the divide between combat and non-combat careers is pretty arbitrary to the point that I may just be making it up. So we'll see.

I think I want smuggler, it's an obviously important book to the setting.  They should make it double sized.  Outlaw tech is my favorite class but I can wait for that.  My guess bounty hunter would be last..?

I think I want smuggler, it's an obviously important book to the setting.  They should make it double sized.  Outlaw tech is my favorite class but I can wait for that.  My guess bounty hunter would be last..?

I don't think Bounty Hunter will be last. It's too popular. Unfortunately, my guess would be Technician goes last, since that class never seems to get the love it deserves no matter the setting.

Bounty Hunter.

Playing one, I find it more challenging to expect the GM to run Bounty Hunting adventures.  I think I would know how to play such an adventure, I've certainly built my PC to, in my mind, be effective at its role.  But the GM typically has their own idea for the adventure, and they're typically catering to an adventure suitable for the whole group, rather than one specific PC.

Besides... I'm not sure what percentage cut from a bounty is fair to give to one's non-bounty hunting partners.

Edited by CrunchyDemon

I would love to see Colonist as well. However, I bet they go through the ones they made cards for because they think those are the sellers, which Colonist wasn't one.

There are talent tree cards out for all 19 EotE specializations now, so if "has refernce cards" is a criteria, everything is fair game.

Jedi/ Sith

No such careers in EotE, so probably no career splat books for them either for this game. So wrong game to want it for, you're looking for Force and Destiny :ph34r: coming 2015 (beta later this year I expect).

As for my preference, I'm on the Colonist wagon for some reason, not that I'd mind a bounty hunter or smuggler book next, or perhaps even the technician. I think some more Colonist options would really improve the career's popularity.