Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sinclair5150

Dewaynes World, Kingsport, TN: Store Championship

36 posts in this topic

I am going to try and make it. I have never played in a tournament but I am experienced at getting my tail kicked. Will Aces be legal?

Edited by Goregrimm

I've heard on another thread, that "Aces" might be legal for Regionals, but not for the Store Championships. So I would say no, we didn't allow it at our store championship in SC.

Come on out, even if you lose all of your games,( I've done it went 0-4 in one) your going to have fun, and get to meet some good folks, and see different list/ styles of play/ ect.

Hope to see you there.

Aces will be legal as soon as FFG updates the tournament rules to say that it's legal and no sooner.  I'm pretty sure FFG has answered that they will not be updating the tournament rules until after the SC season, so no Aces upgrades/pilots at the remaining SCs.  You could still use the alternate pain-job models though.

FFG has stated that Aces will not be legal. All their tourney docs and FAQs will be updated in April in preparation for Regionals. You are more than welcome to use the alt painted models though.

I am going to try and make it. I have never played in a tournament but I am experienced at getting my tail kicked. Will Aces be legal?

Def. come on out, going to be a great time and a large pool of top notch pilots. I know we'll also have some very new players as well, my brother for one so don't worry about performance.

I have the email address of a large portion of the attendees so I'll be sending out reminders/more info throughout the next week but I wanted to post here as we'll. it is extremely important that players arrive as soon as possible starting at 10:20 am. We need to get rd. 1 going absolutely no later than 11:15.

"Lost Grim, Lost Said.......they came at us from behind, AGGHRRhhhar".  It looks like it is just Benedict, Bessinger and me coming up on Sat. we should be there with time to spare, though if none of us make the cut, we will probably skip out to get everybody back home.

I hope you guys are ready for this: I'm playing a swarm list for the first time ever in a competitive event.  Previously I've always played 3-ship elite builds, so this could be interesting :D .

Again, great tourney. Had lots of fun matches. Well worth the drive. My thanks to Dewayne for the stores support. Wish we could have had a few more people, but 16 is not too bad either. dbmeboy, you will get better with that swarm/ shuttle. Keep tweaking it, I think it can work. Loved that the final table was a Mixed Swarm vs. 4 X-wings, proves that the older ships are still a viable option.