Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desslok

Any sign of Suns of Fortune yet?

255 posts in this topic

I understand they wouldn't want it used as a pejorative, but it's just bizarre that someone (me, say) can't just say:

"I'm g/a/y"

Context is everything.

You just have to be smarter than the censor filter to use the word "gay"!

I figure my FLGS will have a copy this coming Wednesday, as that now seems to be when they get their RPG shipments in.

I had considered buying again from MM, but in the end the cost savings between when I got my book really wasn't all that different from when I purchased it at the FLGS.  Having a 25% off coupon at the FLGS did help, and I've got one in hand for this book too.

kaosoe likes this

I like purchasing local, but sometimes the copies are half mauled by someone eating doritos. I actually kind of wish they would shrink wrap the books...I know it's probably weird but man if I'm buying a new book..I'd prefer it not covered in filth.

They need to stock up on wrapped versions to buy, and then have an open book to skim through. GamesWorkshop does that for their books, so if you're playing without a book handy, you can check up really fast (you can play at the stores), but if you want to buy, you don't have to worry about Dorrito fingers or clumsy hands. Edited by Castlecruncher

I have no local store that isn't run by smelly opinionated losers.

My personal experience with them (and also local comics shops) has been so poor that the idea of wanting to support them in any way entirely eludes me.

I love the RPG hobby, and try to support it by buying directly from the actual game companies websites whenever I can. In cases like FFG, where the company store is spotty, I tend to order from places like MM, which are far more deserving of support than any local store I have ever had.

I wish those of us giving online support to FFG had a way to receive the new books as early as FLGS do.

All just my experience of course.  :)

Hahahaha, how the **** did you do that?

Ancient Chinese Secret!

My FLGS just called to tell me it came in, so I'll have it in just a few hours. Spoilers to follow...

I hate you so much right now!

Edited by Desslok
kaosoe and ObiWanBilbo like this

I have the book and I'm heading home, so now is the time to ask questions.

Corellian humans don't get the free ranks in two non-career skills. Instead they get one rank in Piloting (Planetary) or Piloting (Space) and can take either or both up to three ranks at character creation. Otherwise as baseline humans.

Jaspor and polyheadronman like this

Lucky! I'm interested in the modular encounters - How many are there and can you give us an idea of what kinds of things they cover? The swoop race one that posted as an example was awesome.

I have the book and I'm heading home, so now is the time to ask questions.

Corellian humans don't get the free ranks in two non-career skills. Instead they get one rank in Piloting (Planetary) or Piloting (Space) and can take either or both up to three ranks at character creation. Otherwise as baseline humans.

Nice.  How about selonians?

Selonians

2/3/2/1/3/1

11+B, 10+W, 80 XP

1 rank Coordination

remove 1 setback due to darkness

tail is a Brawl weapon (that uses Agility!) Damage +1, Critical 5, Disorient 2, Knockdown (only 1 Advantage to trigger Knockdown, but increase for higher Silhouettes as usual)

Drall

1/1/4/2/2/2

8+B,12+W, 90 XP

1 rank Knowledge (Education)

When using characteristic or skill for skilled assistance also adds a Boost die to pool

Maelora, Jaspor and Yivrael like this

Selonians

2/3/2/1/3/1

11+B, 10+W, 80 XP

1 rank Coordination

tail is a Brawl weapon (that uses Agility!) Damage +1, Critical 5, Disorient 2, Knockdown (only 1 Advantage to trigger Knockdown, but increase for higher Silhouettes as usual)

Drall

1/1/4/2/2/2

8+B,12+W, 90 XP

1 rank Knowledge (Education)

When using characteristic or skill for skilled assistance also adds a Boost die to pool

Wow okay, they both look interesting.  Thanks for this.

Several models of Blasters, three slugthrowers, a bow (with explosive arrows!), and a lance (harpoon gun). The bow appears to use Ranged (Heavy)... until you use the specialty arrowheads then it become Rnged (Light) - WTF?

Catch Vest - concealable armor with soak 1, but soak 2 against energy-based weapons.

2 airspeeders, 3 landspeeders, 2 land vehicles, 1 walker

several starfighters, a pair of patrol boats, half dozen freighters/transports (YG-4400 and Yt-1210 are suitable choices for PC groups' starting ships), and the CR92A Assassin-class Corvette (nasty Sil 5 warship)

Jaspor and ObiWanBilbo like this

Lucky! I'm interested in the modular encounters - How many are there and can you give us an idea of what kinds of things they cover? The swoop race one that posted as an example was awesome.

There are nine of them:

Sabacc Game on the Row (a game with unexpected stakes)

Tunnel Delving (meeting the Selonians)

Hard Bargain (dangerous encounter at a Duros shop)

The Long Arm of the Law (say hello to CorSec)

Taming the Dragon (you've already seen this one)

A Quick Stopover (cantina, espionage, rampaging beast... GO!)

Beyond the Boiling Sea (catch a thief, then do what with him?)

Conical Six Summit (climb the mountain...on Centerpoint Station)

The Correlian Shuffle (a smuggling run)

player1993994 and Jaspor like this

Selonians

2/3/2/1/3/1

11+B, 10+W, 80 XP

1 rank Coordination

I'm in love. Does the damage rely on brawn still?

Selonians

2/3/2/1/3/1

11+B, 10+W, 80 XP

1 rank Coordination

I'm in love. Does the damage rely on brawn still?

Yes, damage is still based on Brawn.