Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman91

Good buy?

its a fun ship.  Forward and Backward Arcs.  Its a great ship to put in with really anything.  I have seen 3 of them ont he table before and that seems to work well.  I have 2 of them.  The stealth upgrade is nice on the right ship.  played right (like all the ships) its a nice ship.

The Firespray-31 is hands-down the most survivable ship in the game.

It has 10 total HP, 2 evasion dice, a great maneuver dial, a good Action-spread, an auxiliary firing arc, and has access to 3 incredible upgrade slots (the Laser Cannon, the Crew Member, and the Bomb).

It's an expensive ship, aye, but worth every point.

MOREOVER: It comes with some of the best upgrades in the game! Gunner and Stealth Device both currently only exist on it (also Proximity Mines and Merc Co-Pilot, which aren't used enough in my opinion, and Expose, which is crap). It's one of only 2 ships that come with a Heavy Laser Cannon, Ion Cannon, Homing Missiles, Seismic Charges, and Veterans Instincts, which are all solid.

So, yeah. Good buy.

If you ever play an Imperial list... It's worth having IMO.

Just like the Falcon if you play Rebels.

The only reason I'd say not to get one of those two ships is if you never, ever play that faction.

HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU?

It is certainly a good ship to add to your collection for many reasons.  The Firespray is an amazing ship that can be used in many Imperial builds but even if that doesn't interest you a number of the upgrade cards are useful other place.  Just because it is a good/useful ship to have that does NOT make it a "good buy" if you overpaid for it.

Is an A-Wing a good buy?  Hard to say.  At $9.50 (US) it probably is a pretty good buy.  At the $45+ I can remember seeing it listed at when it was generally out of stock I'd say ^&*% NO.  At $20 or less it wouldn't be a poor buy anyway.

HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU?

It is certainly a good ship to add to your collection for many reasons. The Firespray is an amazing ship that can be used in many Imperial builds but even if that doesn't interest you a number of the upgrade cards are useful other place. Just because it is a good/useful ship to have that does NOT make it a "good buy" if you overpaid for it.

Is an A-Wing a good buy? Hard to say. At $9.50 (US) it probably is a pretty good buy. At the $45+ I can remember seeing it listed at when it was generally out of stock I'd say ^&*% NO. At $20 or less it wouldn't be a poor buy anyway.

£20. Comes to about $32 Edited by Spaceman91

I don't know what prices are like over there but I wouldn't call $32 a good buy over here.  Getting one is a good idea but just because something is a good idea that doesn't always make it the right thing to do.

£20 is as cheap as they get over here. Well cheapest I have seen anyway.

Ouch,

Agreed.

If that's the low end of the price scale then it would be a "good deal" although it does make many of us look twice.

Ive found that I can make decent savings by buying from the states and even paying for the shipping costs to the UK.

Even with the plano case for my figures. $10 over there, they wanted £40 here for the same case. Needless to say I got it shipped.

Yeah Firespray is awesome. I don't like playing with swarms when I play Imps so almost all of my builds include a firespray with a few smaller ships. But even if you do like swarms its nice to mix it up with a heavy hitter too. I don't think you will regret the purchase

Edited by jedi moose