Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss Red Seven

STAR TREK...Okayyy, Now I Can! :)

I know...I went crazy and got a LOT of STAR WARS Models, and started last month in on STAR BLAZERS too...but there has been a whole in Big Boss' heart...a third love of my life...

:wub:

STAR TREK!

The beloved three to round out The BIG Three...for me.

Well with the new Epic Play and the fact that the ships really are terrible for Attack Wing, I was going to let it be...but then.

:ph34r:

I discovered that the new Eaglemoss STAR TREK 1/50 Scale series of ships started coming out in 2013.

1185855_421418364630982_1366254237_n_zps

Already paid for that Reliant.

She'll be here next week.

Oh Glory!

:wub:

Now I reckon I have to buy the stupid Attack Wing Game too, and toss the craptastic ships in the trash.

:rolleyes:

Now I WILL be able to have have The BIG Three (according to me) on my tables: STAR WARS, STAR BLAZERS, and STAR TREK!

:lol:

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

Yeah, they are about 5" long. Thanks.

:)

BTW My Star Brothers, these are running about $30 each from what I have hunted up...thus far.

But you only need a few on each side, so this is going to be a fun little (less crazy, even by Boss' standards) collection. I will get maybe ten ships in total, over the next several months. That should do just fine.

I am happy to see any cool space craft come out that we can use.

:D

Nice ship, I assume you mean 1/500 scale?

The Defiant isn't 1/500... The Defiant was fairly small, and based on the size of the model, it's about 5 times as big as it should be.

The Enterprise D was around 640m long, the Defiant was around 170m long.

On the positive side, Star Trek will be able to keep releasing models for some time as opposed to the so far limited X-Wing. You've got all the ships and all the races from Star Trek, Star Trek Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise and all the movies.

That's a lotta stuff.

I'm looking at collecting Borg, Dominion, Kazon and Romulans. But I must admit, I don't like the preview pictures of the ships. Paint job is....in a word....YIKES!

Thanks for the link to Eaglemoss.

Those ships look too big to use for attack wing.. and 30 bucks, plus 15 for their ships is 45 per craft.. not very economical. Though I would buy a Reliant and an Enterprise to sit on my desk..

On the positive side, Star Trek will be able to keep releasing models for some time as opposed to the so far limited X-Wing. You've got all the ships and all the races from Star Trek, Star Trek Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise and all the movies.

That's a lotta stuff.

I'm looking at collecting Borg, Dominion, Kazon and Romulans. But I must admit, I don't like the preview pictures of the ships. Paint job is....in a word....YIKES!

Thanks for the link to Eaglemoss.

Right, and to my shock, a few guys like us have posted costumer images of the rotten WIZers sneaky marketing of the ships. You had to shake your head in disgust Brothers. Here I was loving Star Trek, almost as much as Star Wars, and Star Blazers, and I'm looking at the kinda decent official product images at Zon. Then...I notice the plan, no markings, no details, looks like a ten year old slopped 'em REAL Paint jobs.

In fact...hold up.

I'm going to go find that ****.

:angry:

Okay here is what a potential customer sees at Amazon.

31icA%2BLhnrL.jpg

Not to bad at all...

But hold up.

THIS is what a customer (victim) shared in the cool Customer Images, to show what he actually received for his money.

51XYPLINh8L.jpg

Hell Nah!

:o

Another of our Star Brothers got it even worse!!!

:angry:

513QMqP0EvL.jpg

Now...that just ain't right!

:rolleyes:

FFG is doing this right, and while we like to fuse and such a bit from time to time, we should be happy about what has been done with X-WING.

;)

Anyhow...I am very happy to discover these new ships. Some of the models are off in scale, true,  but there are work arounds for the striking cases I think.

Those ships look too big to use for attack wing.. and 30 bucks, plus 15 for their ships is 45 per craft.. not very economical. Though I would buy a Reliant and an Enterprise to sit on my desk..

Well I am going to remain sane...this time. I want like ten ships. The prices are ranging from $25 to $35 each including delivery. Hunting is a part of the game. I limit myself to a "Game Budget" every month.

When you collect these toys over several months Bro, they are affordable.

;)

To be honest, I just don't get the popularity of Star Trek: Attack Wing. To me the ships seem poorly made, out of scale, and in the end the rules seem more in accords to fighter combat than capital ship combat. I much prefer X-Wing, but Attack Wing seems to have replaced X-Wong in my local meta. I'm not against Star Trek, but would much rather play Star Fleet Commander or the new A Call To Arms. Just my personal take though.

They're really both good systems. With things that come out in the wash to make them so.

For X wing, better models just out of box. Quicker customer service, a lot of thought put into what you get per each ship, number of tokens etc. I'd say even for repaints you get better model quality to work with. Generally stronger IP.

Cons, takes forever for any release, most you hear about gets delayed even further. You have no idea what your getting or when. More limited factions and possible additions overall.

Attack wing, pros, you have a vast knowledge of when the ships are coming out and they stick to schedule. ( like its known for attack wing up till near end of the year. ) Vast factions and choices in army list selection. A bit more options in terms of actions and ship ability. As well with each new ship you do get new missions, as opposed to just some with X wing. 

Cons, poorer model quality out of the box. With some work they can look nice but generally the models aren't even the equal of the X wing models. Less speedy customer service if you need it. Less well designed items you get with the ships, i.e tokens and the like.

Honestly they come out in the wash if you like both, both are fine systems and they still work well with the flight path system.

They're really both good systems. With things that come out in the wash to make them so.

For X wing, better models just out of box. Quicker customer service, a lot of thought put into what you get per each ship, number of tokens etc. I'd say even for repaints you get better model quality to work with. Generally stronger IP.

Cons, takes forever for any release, most you hear about gets delayed even further. You have no idea what your getting or when. More limited factions and possible additions overall.

Attack wing, pros, you have a vast knowledge of when the ships are coming out and they stick to schedule. ( like its known for attack wing up till near end of the year. ) Vast factions and choices in army list selection. A bit more options in terms of actions and ship ability. As well with each new ship you do get new missions, as opposed to just some with X wing. 

Cons, poorer model quality out of the box. With some work they can look nice but generally the models aren't even the equal of the X wing models. Less speedy customer service if you need it. Less well designed items you get with the ships, i.e tokens and the like.

Honestly they come out in the wash if you like both, both are fine systems and they still work well with the flight path system.

NICE!

To be honest, I just don't get the popularity of Star Trek: Attack Wing. To me the ships seem poorly made, out of scale, and in the end the rules seem more in accords to fighter combat than capital ship combat. I much prefer X-Wing, but Attack Wing seems to have replaced X-Wong in my local meta. I'm not against Star Trek, but would much rather play Star Fleet Commander or the new A Call To Arms. Just my personal take though.

I get where you're coming from. But realistically, to do these in scale would mean either a very tiny Defiant or very huge Borg Cube. Guess that's where you've just got to ignore your eyes and use your imagination.

wolf_359.jpg

Edited by Taalon Roagh