Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GauntZero

Shades of Heresy (Play-by-Post) Ingame

509 posts in this topic

Cade instead, slid his pistol back into its holster and drew his sword instead. If he really was right around the corner then he could engage him in melee range immediately, if that were the case. Assuming he was hostile. Which seemed a safe assumption. He glanced at the others to check if they were ready.

[silent Move, Ag 31 - 20 (unskilled); Target 11  :D , Rolled 16; 1 DoF]

Steeling myself I move as quietly as possible through the mud and rubble my steps making the odd quiet squelching noise as I move to the corner of the wall and take a peek. 

You hear a hoarse voice calling out "Who... the frak... is out there..." Between rasping breaths and the distinctive click from a lasgun safety turned off. Erwin tries to shuffle to the nearest cover, but is hampered by his wounded leg.

If those were the machinemen coming back, he was done for it, Erwin thought.

Edited by Librarian Astelan

What do I see when I take a peek around the corner? Is it one of our attackers, obviously not or hard to tell from a snap glimpse, as I intend to react immediately?

(For the benefit of the person around the corner)...

Someone looks around the corner. You can only see the head and from the position of it you may assume he is quite tall. He has an angular face, very pale skin and slightly larger eyes than what some may consider normal (possibly void born if you have experience of them).. Long straight white hair hangs below his shoulders. His ice blue eyes bore into yours!

Edited by dava100

What do I see when I take a peek around the corner? Is it one of our attackers, obviously not or hard to tell from a snap glimpse, as I intend to react immediately?

(For the benefit of the person around the corner)...

Someone looks around the corner. You can only see the head and from the position of it you may assume he is quite tall. He has an angular face, very pale skin and slightly larger eyes than what some may consider normal (possibly void born if you have experience of them).. Long straight white hair hangs below his shoulders. His ice blue eyes bore into yours!

It is one of your attackers. He is seriously wounded, but it seems not to be a wound he got from the fight with you.

Erwin curses under his breath: "off all the people..." He points his lasgun to the ground and calls out: "Truce?" It was a big gamble but if he wanted to get out of this alive... Erwin started the litany of faith in his head: Blessed be the Emperor, protector of all which is noble and pure...

Nothing to it. In his current state the lasgun wouldn't do him any good. The four of them would easily enough overwhelm him. With a sigh Erwin throws his lasgun in the direction of the white haired chump. The clattering of the metal on the cold, stone pavement gives him the chills, as if it's a terrible mistake to abandon his last defence. "Ok, how about some frakking gesture from your side. Show yourselves!"

Hearing the clatter of a weapon on the ground, as Dral asked him to disarm, Cade stepped around the corner as well, looking the man straight in the eye. Or at least trying to.

Hearing the clatter of a weapon on the ground, as Dral asked him to disarm, Cade stepped around the corner as well, looking the man straight in the eye. Or at least trying to.

You realize him as one of the mercenaries from your previous fight.

Seito rounds the corner as well, having no idea who this injured person on the ground is.

"How bad is it?" she asks regarding his injury.

"Pretty bad, if I have to put my faith in your lot" Erwin mumbles, but then he realises that someone unknown is speaking to him. "My leg has been cut to pieces. I'm loosing blood like an Ork loses spittle, and it hurts like a motherfrak to stand on."

As Erwin focuses on the new face, he also sees the mechadendrites protruding from Seito's body. You see him involuntary flinching, thinking: 'throwing the gun away seems to be paying off. As long as that techlady doesn't get strange ideas'

I step out, standing behind Cade. "Does anyone have any manacles or rope we can tie this criminal up with?"

Edited by dava100

Cade shook his head. "I do not. And the one who might have seems to have gone missing. So tell me." He said, directing his attention to the wounded man. "There was an Arbitrator with us before, and he seems to have vanished. I can only expect you had something to do with it."

"You can tie him up after he is tended to," expresses Seito without a care for the criticisms it will no doubt draw.

"I took an oath. Enemy or friend, I am not in the business of letting people suffer. You," she says to the wounded man on the ground, "I am going to do what I can for your wounds. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. If you make a move on me, or try anything other than laying still and acting like a man through the pain, I will end you swiftly as if the Emperor himself, blessed be thy name, came down from the Void and landed on your head. Am I understood?"

She makes a move toward the downed man, holstering her pistol.

"I also have no doubt that my friends here need no further encouragement to put you down should they need to. It seems you have everything to gain and nothing to lose from my help."

Erwin knods towards Seito, but keeps his eyes focused on the mechadendrites that follow her every move. "Thanks machinelady. You have my word that no harm will be done to you. At least from my side."

Without taking his eyes of the augmentics, he then replies to Cade. "Look mister, I've no clue about the location of the arbitrator. After you turned our ambush against us, we ran, as you might have noticed. However, he might have encountered the same thing we encountered afterwards. Who's asking anyway?"

Cade's eyes narrowed. That was an odd sentence indeed. And didn't bode well for Asterius.

"Encountered the same thing?" He inquired. "And what 'thing' might that be?" He asked, making sure his sword was in clear view. (Not sure if an Inquiry check is necessary here, given I'm dealing with a PC. Can roll one if needed.)

"Look man, I understand I'm not in any position to be bargaining, but I suppose that intel is all that is keeping me alive..." Erwin is reassured by the treatment of Seito and disregards the mechadendrites poking around, to lock eyes with Cade.  "I'm sure I could help you out with your pro-dica-tent as soon as my leg has been juryrigged. So how about we close a deal. No one is killing Erwin and Erwin shares all his intel and gets to enact some frakking vengeance on the bastards that put him in this situation in the first place."

Erwin starts to rummage through his left pocket and slowly takes out a lho-stick. You can see that his hands are still trembling and although after his pityful request for a truce, he's gained some confidence, his voice nearly cracks when he puts his proposal to Cade.

"So how about it, mister X?"

Edited by Librarian Astelan

Seito didn't like the way this newcomer spoke. He was arrogant and rude. She had a job to do, but that didn't mean she had to like it.

With an "accidental" flick of her mechadendrite she sends a sharp pike of pain throughout Erwin's leg.

"Oops," is all she says as she stands to admire her handy work. Pulling out her pistol once more she says to Erwin, "You'll live."

A sudden scream, full of pain and despair pierces through your very souls.

ou are quite sure that the source must have been somewhere inside the downrotten mansion, that in the same moment seems to become even a little darker than before.

You are not sure...but this might very well have been the voice of Asterius. As it was so full of horror and pain though, you cannot say for sure...

"Golden throne on terra!" Erwin curses as Seito finishes her work, but then he really flinches after heaing the disturbing scream, dropping his lhostick to the ground. "I wouldn't wait too long regarding my proposal, y'all." His gaze fixated on the pale blue eyes of Cade.

The mercenary makes on you an arrogant, yet honest impression.

Your intuition tells you that you can trust this man - as long as the benefits for him outweigh the costs.

Cade looks at Erwin, silently approving of Seika's little "extra" work. He glanced at Dral and Dammek as well, before speaking. "Fine. We won't kill you, as long as you tell us what you know." He informed him.

I nod at Cade "Agreed, although this is no time to discuss details." I look to the ruined mansion "we should check inside as that screaming may have been Asterius."

I pick up Erwin's las-gun and consider him for a moment before handing it over "let's go"

Edited by dava100