Sign in to follow this  
ghern1984

Looking for groups in South Florida

Hello!

I 've called every gaming store in a 40 mile radius of me to no avail.  I live in South Broward, specifically Hollywood, FL.  and wouldn't mind driving a little to get to a place where I can play and take part in organized play, but if there isn't an official TO in our area or if there is one that isn't very vocal, I'd like to apply to be a TO.

How would I go about either locating a nearby community of X-wing pilots, or becoming a TO and trying to reach out to a community of people to play?

Hello ghern1984 It seems we live in an area where no one discusses these kinds of things or they don't have time to play. Been looking to put together a group for a while now but I haven't found enough people. Where is everyone down here???? and do they play anything??? hahaha

I live in the same general area ghern, and have just about given up on trying to find a store that supports the game. Everyone sells it but no one wants to do anything with it. It's my experience that most of the games that do happen around here happen because the stores make the most money off of that game. Like MtG or Warmahordes. I would love to get a solid night a week to run some X-wing but apparently space is a premium for some of the smaller stores.

I spoke with the manager of Past, Present & Future in Davie and he said he would love to get some people in the store playing. He said the best thing to do is figure out the best day and time and just show up. He almost always has table space

Just a heads up on that.

I have a league of 15 active players. You all are welcome to join us. We meet at The Adventure store on Tuesday at 6:30. We are in the Tournament phase now.Feel free to contact me. Take Care.