Sign in to follow this  
HappyDaze

How do I reload a missile tube?

As per the description of Low Ammo it says ammo must be purchased or obtained BEFORE the weapon can be used.

Uhm no. Limited Ammo says the once the ammo is expended it must be reloaded for a maneuver. The assumption is that all weapoms come loaded unless stated otherwise.

Page 156 in core book, 3rd sentence under section Limited ammo "In addition each shot expends one of a limited number of rounds of ammo, which mist be purchased or otherwise obtained BEFORE the weapon can be used"

we are talking about buy a missile launcher brand spanking new being bought.. likely through the black market.  ammo is separate.  

Now if you pull it off a dead body, then yes, i can see it being pre-loaded.

So when I buy a grenade, I must go buy a grenade again before I use it? I think I'll stick to it comes loaded.

Hey, i am not the one who wrote the rules.  Could be a simple typo that should have read "Re-used" instead of used

But obviously, if you BUY a grenade or Thermal detonator you are buying it as ammo... for a grenade launcher.  Yes, a PC could be considered a grenade launcher.

Edited by kinnison

You could read that entry either way really I think although I tend to think they come loaded.  The rule is describing limited ammo and the effects it has while stipulating the need for new rounds in the context of using the weapon.

At least twice the cost of frag grenades...certainly not as much as a concussion missile or proton torpedos... I'd say you're looking at 100-200 credits per missile...all highly restricted...

- Sam Stewart in one of the Order66 podcasts answering this exact question a few months back. He also stated that weapons come loaded.

Edited by Dbuntu

At least twice the cost of frag grenades...certainly not as much as a concussion missile or proton torpedos... I'd say you're looking at 100-200 credits per missile...all highly restricted...

- Sam Stewart in one of the Order66 podcasts answering this exact question a few months back. He also stated that weapons come loaded.

So a missile costs less than a handgun. Weird.

I'd say given the odd pricing scale you'd be best off just picking a price you like because given the lop sided cost of a T detonator and the fact everything is so out of whack if you try to use a RL comparison, you'd save yourself a lot of time just picking one that works for you an your group.

I don't think the entire clip of missiles would have an Enc greater than 3 or 4 (which is equivalent to a carbine or rifle). Items bundled together (like in a clip) have lower Enc than similar items taken individually. I'm also fairly certain that the Enc of the Missile Tube is for a loaded weapon with a full clip of missiles.

I'm also fairly certain that the Enc of the Missile Tube is for a loaded weapon with a full clip of missiles.

I'd have to agree. Considering there was a previous statement that Sam said weapons are assumed to come loaded, I'd imagine the Encumbrance of ammo/clips/etc is already figured in to the weapon's listed Encumbrance.

While we are on the subject of Missiles-- I have some questions.

What does a rank in Guided do? I understand it as requiring three advantage to trigger... but what's the difference between Guided 1 and Guided 2?

Also... On the chart that gives the sizes of ships each weapon can be loaded onto, it lists two numbers A-B (eg 3-10). I assume the first number is the vehicle Silhouette. What is the second? Encumbrance perhaps? How that plays into it is confusing to me. 

Thanks. 

What does a rank in Guided do? I understand it as requiring three advantage to trigger... but what's the difference between Guided 1 and Guided 2?

Also... On the chart that gives the sizes of ships each weapon can be loaded onto, it lists two numbers A-B (eg 3-10). I assume the first number is the vehicle Silhouette. What is the second? Encumbrance perhaps? How that plays into it is confusing to me. 

Thanks. 

I'm afb so I can't help much on the Guided part, but regarding the chart and ship sizes, I think the numbers are the range of Silhouette. So some things can't be placed on very large ships and what-not.

Page 156. Basically, it's the number of ability dice you roll on a missed attack that triggered guided to attack again. Guided 1 is one green die, while guided 2 is two green dice.

Thanks.

It's a range. 3-10 means minimum of silhouette 3, maximum silhouette 10. We haven't seen anything above silhouette 10 yet (EotE or AoR beta), so it could easily say "3+" instead of "3-10".

-EF

EDIT: Wow, super ninja'd!

Edited by EldritchFire

Page 156. Basically, it's the number of ability dice you roll on a missed attack that triggered guided to attack again. Guided 1 is one green die, while guided 2 is two green dice.

Thanks.

It's a range. 3-10 means minimum of silhouette 3, maximum silhouette 10. We haven't seen anything above silhouette 10 yet (EotE or AoR beta), so it could easily say "3+" instead of "3-10".

-EF

EDIT: Wow, super ninja'd!

Thank you! That's very helpful.