Sign in to follow this  
Liberiton

Edge of Empire system in other settings

I've been seriously considering a Pirates of Dark Water conversion. Turns out that there was an official RPG released in '94, so the setting material is somewhere out there, ready for converting. Further, the themes of the show fit perfectly with the pulp adventure feel of Star Wars.

I'm also looking at Jovian Chronicles, which is probably not too different mechanically from Lord Zack's idea for a Gundam conversion (since JC is heavily-inspired by Gundam), but I'll need much more time and familiarity to get it done.

Heh, If i wanted to do a Super Hero adaptation I would have to start from Heroes Unlimited. Go old school on it. I just loved the character creation, everything from a super spy, to a demi-god, to a radioactive alien. It's the RPG that one day grew up to be a proper video game, City of Heroes. 

On another note I have pretty much finished the Star*Drive / Alternity Conversion, here is the Google Docs link:

Stardrive Resources

It is a great setting and I`ve created a lot of resources based upon the technology presented. So if anyone wants a Sci-Fi setting, even if it`s different this would be a good place to start. It would be pretty easy to do a Serenity mod from here, very little changes required. Just drop out the FTL and stick to PL6 or below tech.

A few notes however, you need the EotE or similar book (AoR, maybe even FAD) to get anything out of this. The good part is that it covers a heck of a lot of eras, though it is primarily set in the 25th - 26th century. Rename a few of the items and you could have a mass effect setting. To make the most use of it you`ll need the Star*Drive campaign setting and the Alternity Core book, both which can be found online for cheap or sometimes free from less reputable places (Just don`t tell WotC).

It's also not 100% completed, never did all the grid stuff I wanted because I only had one player even remotely interested in it. I also didn`t do too much with the Mindwalking psionic powers as none of my players wanted to put any thought into it. Though I put enough of a start that someone could be a mindwalker with a bit of work.

Would appreciate any feedback, let me know if I seem to be missing anything in there as it is a rough collection of what I have completed over the last year, and that's all scattered all over. 

I did do a conversion to Stargate, mainly using Age of Rebellion but it could still be run using Edge of the Empire. There was a link a while back, I think it was in the old Edge Beta forum and can't find it anymore, but I still have the documents in my dropbox. I have added the basic conversion document, a character sheet and the scenario I wrote to my signature.

I'd definitely play a Fantasy and a Super Heroes-based RPG of the Edge of the Empire system.

If I had the time, I could rehash old game systems I made for different genres with my friends: Aliens, Appleseed, Bubblegum Crisis and ADPolice Files.

My wish is that FFG would make a generic narrative dice system core book, then sell setting books for ALL THE THINGS!!  Basically a narrative dice system GURPS.   Then the sky's the limit on settings.  Kung fu, sci fi, western, steampunk, fantasy, superheroes, horror, modern, cyberpunk, zombie, etc etc etc...  

thanks to some great feedback from this forum, I've finally put the wraps (until the bounty hunter book comes out, at least...) on the latest version of the Edge of the Aquilonian Empire - a Conan flavored Sword and (fairly light, but scary dangerous) Sorcery conversion of EotE. If anyone is looking for a fantasy conversion, feel free to use and let me know what you think. We've playtested it pretty fully at this point, and seems to be holding up pretty solidly. 

Mechanically, we beefed up the Social Combat side of things, and made a few minor changes to tweak Melee Combat, as well as encouraging the Strain economy, which we're all big fans of.

Magic is based on the Force rules, naturally, but changed to stay more in the flavor of the Conan books. Minor magic is available, but playing a full fledged Sorcerer is just out... they seemed more like a Plot level Nemesis in every book... regardless, if you wanted to tweak it further to go full High Fantasy, the bones are there to flesh out.

Have fun, and as always, feedback is always appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o09pnz71ylq9a3r/AADrO-InRbC8QbK3zZoNAokja?dl=0

Will have to check out these newest conversions.

Thinking of doing TORG using EOE.

Since there are convesions for fantasy, modern, western and more the only thing i need is the reality rules.

Anyone got more conversions to post??

I'm working (Nearly finished, needs play testing) on a Warhammer Fantasy RP. But its not a Skin, its a merge, so while it uses the Edge system, its retains the Warhammer Stats, Skills, Talents and Careers.

It probably wouldnt interest those who dont have the 2nd Edition WFRP books, as you would need the CRB to actually make use of the conversion. It is however available via DriveThru as a PDF.

Edited by RebelDave

Theoretically, you could make a fantasy version out of what EotE has already given us; a compound bow in Suns of Fortune, plenty of variety of melee weapons across the books, and it would be easy to re-name existing species for fantasy tropes. The Force powers would work for a limited magic system, especially when the new stuff in the Force and Destiny book is factored in.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the extra 4 pages of this thread, so I'm sure this has already been discussed.

Edited by Rortharr