Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarmicCycle

On Forge Worlds, tithing, and the Imperial Guard

30 posts in this topic

It is a fine line between truth and heresy after all. Or perhaps a lost primarch is already strategically behind this group in the first place, plotting to restore the Emperor's original view of order to the Imperium. Would would the original primarchs even think of this current incarnation of the Imperium?

Bayushi Koba likes this

I've been wanting to run a campaign where the players play members of the Inquisition as well as a Deathwatch group. Both parties would take place in different places, yet their destinies are intertwined and if they do things correctly, they could stumble upon a "smoking gun" piece of evidence.

I've been wanting to run a campaign where the players play members of the Inquisition as well as a Deathwatch group. Both parties would take place in different places, yet their destinies are intertwined and if they do things correctly, they could stumble upon a "smoking gun" piece of evidence.

This sounds cool! I love these crossover scenarios.

I've always wanted to do an Ascension game with a Rogue Trader, an Inquisitor and a lone DW Astartes.

I know, I know, it sounds a little like a bar joke, but I think it would be awesome!

Elior likes this

This sounds cool! I love these crossover scenarios.

I've always wanted to do an Ascension game with a Rogue Trader, an Inquisitor and a lone DW Astartes.

I know, I know, it sounds a little like a bar joke, but I think it would be awesome!

The campaign I'm currently running started out DH, moved to Ascension.   Gist of the DH/Ascension game was that their Inquisitor was involved in one of the internecine wars common with the Inquisition.  They spent more time hunting down other inquisitorial henchmen than they did investigating chaos, heretics, and the like.

Eventually, their inquisitor slipped up, got herself killed, and her primary opponent scooped the party to try them for heresy and treason.  Courts Martial gets interrupted, and during their escape, the party psyker stole a stasis tube from the inquisitor's trophy room while everyone else was stealing weapons/ammo.   Tube was originally recovered from a hulk, but no one could open it (psy-locked).   

Tube had a warrant of trade circa M30-31 in it, which the party let the psyker register, and things have progressed since then.  She recently bribed, I mean, paid the munitorium to "lease" an imperial guard regiment.

Mainline campaign is the DH/AS folks who have moved to a RT-style game, "tactical" campaign is all OW characters assigned to the main campaign's rogue trader. 

Juggling rules got really tedious, so starting shortly after we added RT to the mix, I started doing work to provide a unified system.  OW gave me some inspiration, so now, technically, we're operating under a unified ruleset that seems to work pretty well so far.   Been reading the Beta stuff for ideas to integrate.

Edited by Storm6436
Elior and Bayushi Koba like this

I think it might be kind of cool; the Acolytes are about investigation, stealth, and sabotage, with a smattering of desperate gunfights, and pave the way for the Marines to barge in and wreck faces. While they're on their mission, the Marines discover an additional clue that furthers the mystery, which sends the Acolytes on another investigation… etc. etc. If you're running a Malleus campaign you might even get the Grey Knights involved, though the Acolytes might be deemed too dangerous to be kept alive in the end, by virtue of knowing too much... unless they're so ridiculously badass the Inquisitor decides they're worth the risk.